Thank you Captain Sim!

Thread: Thank you Captain Sim!

Thank you Captain Sim!

I just want to express my utmost thanks for the great support I have been getting with Captain Sim and their L-1011
    I upgraded to the V1.1 several days ago and almost immediately was getting CTD..

I simply made a comment in a thread , that was already posted in their forums, about this issue and the next day I received an email from CS, without my requesting one, with a suggested fix with a new .dll file attached....
    I had not filed a support ticket..

I followed their instructions in the email and sent a log file ,that the new .dll file generated, back to CS last night
    Tonight I received another unsolicited email from CS with a newer .dll file and the CTD's are now gone and everything is great!!!
    I am sure that they will post a SP for others that have this problem, their were only 3 of us that commented in the forum thread about CTD..

With some of the negative press CS has received in the past, I just want everyone to know what great support/service that I just received from CS

Thanks CaptainSim!!!

BTW- the new L-1011 base package in fantastic, great visuals in the VC, nice and crisp on my rig....

Rick
    Tampa, FL

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

That is refreshing, usually they get slammed in the forums. Good to hear +ve reports too.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

For what it's worth... I've NEVER had a problem with Cap'n Sim. Always got solutions to my questions.... Always thought they were a good bunch.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Yes Captain Sim deserve a bit of sympathy, life in Kiev must be difficult these days. And the CS L-1011 is quite a winner. By the way it is 10 euro cheaper. And if you bought the beta version back in 2013, it's an additionnal 10 euro discount.

BWIA West Indies by Corina Meyer & Matt Wynn @ avsim

I'm still using the Just Flight Tristar VC, but at this price, I'll buy the full CS version without second thoughts.

Fine looking airplane.

Did they model the version bulge for the with the bar down below? PSA flew that one back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post
    BWIA West Indies by Corina Meyer & Matt Wynn @ avsim
    glad you like her! Corina tested this paint for me (she acts as my personal beta tester... perk of experience I guess.....) and i told her "If you are happy with it, then feel free to upload it", always good to see ones work being enjoyed! i also did the entire history of schemes for G-BBAF, but i don't know if Corina uploaded those ones will have to see if she found any issues....

You really did a nice job with that livery, Matt. I'm not an L-1011 fan, but I'd fly those colors!

Members who have read this thread: 118