SCAMS Transform Call with Float

Thread: SCAMS Transform Call with Float

SCAMS Transform Call with Float

I had the idea to fix all my external loadouts to the same setpoint - for example all bombs would be interchngeable use the same mount in the DP file and appear at the same place.
    in the sim. If I am right, the stock bombs virtual center is just atop of them, where they are hung up.

DB bombs are also set up like this - they are interchangeable to the stock ones.
    Many other objects use other points, for example the center of the visual model or the bottom.

SCASM (http://www.scasm.de/doc/sca_cmd2.htm) offers a command, where I can adjust that:

Move the object around, turn it and even spin it:

TransformCall( :Label delta_x delta_z delta_y
    x_deg xvar
    y_deg yvar
    z_deg zvar )

But unfortunately the delta_# adjustment only allows integer figures, what is not sufficient in this case. I need float for my purpose.

any help out here?
    Visit my CFS2-dedicated sites: CFS2 : Tips&Tricks + Downloads + A/C-Profiles + Links

Jaxon,

Perhaps try this one: http://www.scasm.de/doc/sca_cmd4.htm#trfm

The Transform_Mat will accept decimal (float) values. However I am fairly positive that the Transform_Mat will not work with the older FSDS 1.## models, in which case you're stuck with TransformCall. TransformCall to my knowledge will work with all FSDS versions and Transform_Mat will work with FSDS versions 2 and up.

Also I have noticed that it appears that the aircraft DP hardpoint mount locations is used by the model to determine if a payload should break away with a specific aircraft part (left bomb with left wing, etc). This won't matter for fine adjustments to the scasm location, and not matter at all of course for aircraft that have no breaking parts.

A scenario would be if a wing bomb is set in the DP at mount.#=0,0,0 and the wing bomb location is set to the wing via the bgl (using the scasm TransformCall or Trandsform_Mat). The wing bomb will not break away with the wing because the DP says it is attached to the fuselage, so you may have a wing break away from combat damage and a bomb still there without the wing.
    Last edited by Oglivie; April 8th, 2014 at 19:16.

Icon16

Hi Jaxon and Oglivie,

If I read your post correctly Jaxon, you are looking to relieve the grief of repetitive .dp adjustments. That's a good idea.

I remember a similar thread some time back where the authors (?) stated that if the headers were the same in the .bgls it would help dramatically.
    They were referring to Header (), Lat and Long in the *.sca file after converting from bgl.

This is the header from Dbolts weapons.

Code:
    Header( 1 N90:00:00 S89:00:00.0179 E179:59:59.9996 W178:59:59.9996 )
    After this is done, drag the *.sca onto scasm.exe and it should spit out a new .bgl.

I've never tried matching all the headers myself, though I'm thinking of giving it a try later.

Dave

Yes the stock bombs are center is just atop while the mouting pylon is centered at the bottom. Screens from Model Converter X below. This is done so the weapon and pylon can use the same mount numbers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weap.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	6611
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Interesting thing about the breakaway parts.
    Actually, I just want to set all bombs and such to the same setpoint (top surface visual model), so that they can all use the same location of a certain mount.

Some items are indeed set to 0,0,0 when designed for a specific model. Brunos Maryland crew is such an example. I will keep an eye on this topic when puzzling on.

For now, I will try the Transform_Mat at my bombs - thx for the tip!

Allen, where can I get this tool?
    Visit my CFS2-dedicated sites: CFS2 : Tips&Tricks + Downloads + A/C-Profiles + Links

Transform_Mat worked :-)

Before, the british bomb on the right appeared right in the middle of the wing. Now it`s fixed to use the same mount as most of the other bombs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Transform_Mat.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	6617

Actually just this command was already hidden in that ´British bombs model file - it needed only a proper set up !

alot of work to do now :-)

Model Converter X
    http://www.scenerydesign.org/modelconverterx/

Model Converter X works well for the most part with CFS2. I mostly use it for taking thing like aircraft or objects and export them as .3ds that gMax can import. Once imported I can edit or rebuild them.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Members who have read this thread: 19