A6M8 type 64 Zero: Arrived!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A6M8 type 64 Zero: Arrived!

Icon22 A6M8 type 64 Zero: Arrived!

Hi All,
    I've been fooling around with this for some time and, I think, finally got it done. After some minor testing I'll get it uploaded.
    I started out with The B24 Guys A6M5 OH and went from there. Except for the mdl and cfg files, the rest have been modified by me. I also added Mauro's Ja_Pilot, Oldwheats Guntubes, a 160 liter Drop Tank and Kelti's props. The bombs are standard issue. The textues were redone from a blank A6M5 one I had. I don't know where the tank came from. If anybody know who, or claims it , I'll give credit in the Readme.
    There was an older A6M8 out there and I found it in my "archives". The Readme stated it couldn't be used without permission so I went this route.
    There is no A6M8 panel out there, so until there is, you'll have to use what is available.
    If anyone wants to try it out prior to upload, PM me and I'll send along a copy.
    Thanks for the help I've already received and to any in the future.
    Cheers,
    Bub
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A6M8 type 64 Zero A.jpg   A6M8 type 64 Zero.jpg   A6M8 type 64 Zero B.jpg   A6M8 type 64 Zero C.jpg   A6M8 type 64 Zero D.jpg  
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

You may want to change from the OH A6M5 to my A6M5c model that has the wing guns that are a part of the model. It is made from the stock A6M5 Model so all you change will work but you don't need the guntubs.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=16163
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Thank You, Sir. I appreciate your offer and will give it a try.
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

My model dosn't use the high detal VC (but it has working VC gauges) as I don't know how/if Model Conveter X can load and extract it and I can't do the bullet hole logic as gMax dosn't support it.

Allen,
    No sweat. It seems to work perfectly. I have one small glitch. I can't seem to get Kelti's Japan late blade to work. Other than that, it seems fine. I'll give them both, mine and yours, a workout and figure out which one I will use.
    Thanks again,
    Bob

My model still use the stock props so the only prop textue is prop_japan.bmp

Allen,
    Ok, we'll work with what we've got.
    Thanks,
    Bob

Done

Hi All,
    Finally finished futtzing around with this Zero. There will be two versions, the #682 and the #257. The #257 is a conjecture of how it would have looked in the Yokosuka Naval Flying Group. I also added a 500kg bomb done by Daisuke. I'll include all the proper files. If there's interest, I'll upload it.
    I stayed with my original concept. No slur on Allen's A6M5c, its a wonderful aircraft. The only reason I didn't use it, and I realize it's silly, was the prop textures. Just a small detail preference.
    Thanks,
    Bub
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A6M8 type 64 Zero 257.jpg   A6M8 type 64 Zero 682.jpg  

Allen,

there is a way to get the VC but right off hand I can't remember how. I'll get back to you.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Thank you!

I cannot wait for its release!

Blood Hawk.

I know in the gen_model that using 1 will give you the non gauge VC.

bub
    You may want to un-done things. There is one thing that set the Model 64 apart from all others. The Model 64 had a large long duct on the nose

Attachment 7644.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Blood Hawk.

I know in the gen_model that using 1 will give you the non gauge VC.

bub
    You may want to un-done things. There is one thing that set the Model 64 apart from all others. The Model 64 had a large long duct on the nose

Attachment 7644.

Ok so you know that one. I just re-rediscovered it.

other then the 1 and 2 what else can we use? what does 8000 do?

So what was the Duct for?
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

Allen,
    That cowling looks magnificent! I can hold off on uploading as long as necessary. If you want to make this a joint effort I have no problem with that. In fact, I would welcome it. I have a "doctored" panel but no VC. If John, aka. ........, can fix the VC, we can do this together. The air, cfg, dp files and textures are ready to go. Let me know your feelings on this.
    Thanks for your interest in this project,
    Bob

John; as far as I can see, due to the engine change, it was the air intake. Could be wrong, but thats what it appears to be.

Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Allen,
    That cowling looks magnificent! I can hold off on uploading as long as necessary. If you want to make this a joint effort I have no problem with that. In fact, I would welcome it. I have a "doctored" panel but no VC. If John, aka. ........, can fix the VC, we can do this together. The air, cfg, dp files and textures are ready to go. Let me know your feelings on this.
    Thanks for your interest in this project,
    Bob

John; as far as I can see, due to the engine change, it was the air intake. Could be wrong, but thats what it appears to be.
    I've never done a VC. So I'm not sure what would be needed.

John,
    Ok, I must have misunderstood your previous post. Just me having an "oldtimers" moment. However, if you want to lend your expertise to any part of, let me know.
    Bob

BTW: Do you still want those "blank" Zero textures? Or, did I send them to you already?

Hi Guys,

The VC is just another LOD with Polys that have special texture names so gauges can be placed.

If you would like I would be able to add one using SCASM.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Hey Bub,

No problem. I'll help in anyway I can.

Yup I have the textures, I think. I'll have to look. If not I still have the emails, I think.

My work schedual is changing so I'll have a bit more free time to finish my projects. I still plan to do the zero. But first finish the C-47.

B24 Guy,

Do you have one that I could look at?

Eventually I want to do a Belgian BE2. They used the engine and cowl from a SPAD 7. Moved the pilot to the front and added a Lewis gun and ring to the the old pilots spot. I have all of the parts to do it I just need the time. I'll have to do a new VC and LODs. Plus the animations. Almost a whole new plane.

I can get one of the TWO VC with Model Converer X. I can get the low detal VC that dosn't have the throttle or working gauges. I already re-make the working VC and throttle but the rest is stall the low detal. I never did find a way for Model Converer X to display the hight detal VC.

Attachment 7656Attachment 7657

As for the A6M8 I posted the nose pic of. It is just a edit of my A6M5c http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-Zero-by-Allen. I haven't even gotten the texture re-named to A6M8 yet.

Attachment 7658Attachment 7659

Blood Hawk
    I've tried random numbers. It will load the outside view or the low detal VC. 8000 will load the low detal VC.

The duct is a carburetor intake.

Allen and John,
    Take your time, there's no rush on this. As I said, any and all help will be greatly appreciated. The only thing I would like to use would be Kelti's prop blades. They just look better than the stock ones. Other than that, we can go in whatever direction works best.

B24 Guy,
    If you want to jump in and assist with the VC, I'm sure anything you contribute will be welcomed with "open arms".

I'll continue to tinker with the files and textures to make sure I have them in proper order.

If you guys want, PM an email address and I'll send you what I've got so far. (John, I already have yours)

Again, Thank you. I really appreciate the time and effort that you have shown.

Bob

I re-did the props.

Attachment 7660Attachment 7661

Allen,
    Very Nice, she's looking better and better each time you work your "magic". Now that you took care of my one whim, feel free to do whatever you deem necessary. Someday when I finally retire, maybe, I can start to learn how to do these things myself.
    Thanks,
    Bob

The A6M8 also doesn't have cowl guns. No room with the Kinsei installed. As long as you are reworking shapes, the fuselage doesn't slope down from the c cockpit to the cowling on anything after the A6M2.

Pretty Aeroplane!
    - Ivan.

Removed the nose guns.

Attachment 7702

I'll attach the attach the A6M8 below. Everthing should work fine with some re-naming but for the main texture. I had to edit to the main texture to put in texture for the new duct. I put the new texture over the unused drop tank. The gun smoke from guns may not match the model so they may need to be changed.

Attachment 7704

Attachment 7703

Allen,
    Very, very nice! It has exceeded my expectations. I'm working on a new set of textures and when they're done I'll get it uploaded. The VC looks and works just fine and everything else has that "nasty" look to it. Its a good thing they only made two to them.
    Again, thank you for your fantastic work.
    Bob

Shouldn't be too much work.

Members who have read this thread: 49