What aircraft is this?

Thread: What aircraft is this?

What aircraft is this?

Dimitri Vrettos posted this on Facebook. He didn't say what aircraft it is; just wondered if anyone here knows?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	6327

Looks like an F-16 with the extended fuel tanks... Maybe those humps are avionics additions... but definitely an F-16. Me thinks Kirk Olsen did one for FS... I may in fact have it in me library somewhere.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Looks like an F-16 with the extended fuel tanks... Maybe those humps are avionics additions... but definitely an F-16. Me thinks Kirk Olsen did one for FS... I may in fact have it in me library somewhere.

BB686
    I can see the F-16 shape now. What threw me off were the extended fuel tanks. Have never seen that modification. Thanks. NC

Yep!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	6328

Supposedly those tanks only have a fraction of the drag of the conventional round underwing tanks. The Israeli and Italian Air Forces use them quite often.
    "But there are two certain targets 135 miles from here that don't expect us . . . Let's get Enterprise and Hornet turned into the wind."
    Actor Glenn Ford portraying R. Adm. Raymond Spruance in "Midway"

SOH-CM-2023
    They also free up at least 2 pylons to carry underwing stores. The Israelis would need that if they ever pay a visit to Iran.

BB686
    Wow... if you happen to find your Files, I would LOVE to add those to my Viper!

Thanks for the 411, BB686!

Alan

If you go the payware route, both Aerosoft and Iris Vipers (not sold anymore) have CFT models in Greek (HAF) markings.

If you guys need any Viper questions answered, www.f-16.net is a good place to start.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by ViperPilot2 View Post
    Wow... if you happen to find your Files, I would LOVE to add those to my Viper!

Thanks for the 411, BB686!

Alan
    Hey Alan -- let me go through my back-ups, I'm pretty sure I can find it. The one I'm thinking of is for the IAF.

BB686

Icon2

F-16 Block 60 ("Google" it)

My how far the "light weight, not a pound for air to ground, fighter" has come.
    That is a good thing btw.

Thank you thank you, 686!

Quote Originally Posted by ViperPilot2 View Post
    Thank you thank you, 686!

Check your PM's, mate....

BB686

Check your PM's, mate....

BB686
    Checked, and replied!

Members who have read this thread: 73