Carenado Phenom is out!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carenado Phenom is out!

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Carenado and Alebeo sites have both crashed.

Those that bought it are saying its heavy on FPS......was looking forward to this but....might have to pass.

Just about everything from Carenado/Alabeo is too heavy for more system to run smoothly anymore. But my system is five or six years old. I definitely need an upgrade. I keep meaning to lower the texture quality some and seeing if that helps my frames. But I think I'll have to buy the Phenom anyway, and wait until I have a system that can handle it. I like to support quality work. Besides, if the frames are high due to gauges I'm sure it's something they'll fix.

i will be geting it soon
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Just about everything from Carenado/Alabeo is too heavy for more system to run smoothly anymore. But my system is five or six years old. I definitely need an upgrade. I keep meaning to lower the texture quality some and seeing if that helps my frames. But I think I'll have to buy the Phenom anyway, and wait until I have a system that can handle it. I like to support quality work. Besides, if the frames are high due to gauges I'm sure it's something they'll fix.

I hear ya....I'm in the same boat. If I knew Windows 8 would run FSX with no issues....I'd do the upgrade myself.

Refresh your browser - I was able to get it with IE which I never use...
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

thanks Ryan.....

The firs jet of Carenado . How FPS inside, I'm afraid G1000....
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

FPS heavy eye candy! What does one want more
    Anneke

Am disappointed they did this one and also doing the Hawker 850 XP whereas I am truly desperate for an ultra long range, intercontinental busjet like a G5/6, Global Express or Falcon 7x with all the vc and avionics trimmings - something of a long standing big hole in FSX!

However, just looking at the screenies at their web site it really looks exceptional inside and out . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Very smooth on my system and no FPS drop
    Andy

What is your system?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

i7 4770K @ 4.6 GHz
    Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe motherboard
    Asus Geforce GTX-680
    16GB Corsair RAM
    Samsung SSD 500GB (dedicated for FSX)

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Am disappointed they did this one and also doing the Hawker 850 XP whereas I am truly desperate for an ultra long range, intercontinental busjet like a G5/6, Global Express or Falcon 7x with all the vc and avionics trimmings - something of a long standing big hole in FSX!
    Two of those you want are being worked on by other developers, one publicly announced.

Quote Originally Posted by miragecy View Post
    i7 4770K @ 4.6 GHz
    Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe motherboard
    Asus Geforce GTX-680
    16GB Corsair RAM
    Samsung SSD 500GB (dedicated for FSX)

And that's why lol.... There's a large fps drop compared to stock planes. I always compare to stock in a low scenery and no weather environment. Set FPS to unlimited and see what percentage of the stock fps you get with the phenom or other addon.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Wow !!! Huge fps drop for me........I normally run in the 30's - 40's. This thing drops me down to 10 fps...........
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    Wow !!! Huge fps drop for me........I normally run in the 30's - 40's. This thing drops me down to 10 fps...........
    Same here. Usually in the 40s FPS wise, can't seem to get more than 7-8 FPS with this hog, already requested a refund. Too bad, had great potential! Hopefully a SP or update will improve it...or not.

I'm flying over ORBX NCA at 30fps, i3770k system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post

However, just looking at the screenies at their web site it really looks exceptional inside and out . .
    Gulfstream won't allow their aircraft to be modeled in FS.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

It is a bit of a fps hog. In DX10, it will drop to 15 fps. Mostly runs around 25. Good looking aircraft. Can't seem to adjust the pitch trim, but need to read the manual.

OK, just tried in DX9. FPS 7 to 9. So it would appear this sim is optimized for DX10 and most likely P3D. It does look better in DX10 on my machine.

d
    Last edited by dvj; April 5th, 2014 at 13:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    Gulfstream won't allow their aircraft to be modeled in FS.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk
    Well as I'm sure you will note....the "Cessna" aircraft that carenado and Alebeo are doing.....have no "CESSNA" names on them. Trust me...if someone wants to do a "GULFSTREAM" they can do it and not call it one.....its being done all the time. As long as their company name isn't on it......seems to be the way its being done.

Having had experience in this from a developer standpoint, it also depends on how far the company want to take it. Most companies protect their trademarks in terms of logos and branding, however some also enforce the design work, ie, any aircraft which significantly resembles their product also comes under their trademarks.

Gulfstream may have a blanket protection of not just their business logos and branding, but also the likeness of their product, ie their aircraft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

These are taken in P3D...but you get the idea...looks essentially the same in FSX

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    It is a bit of a fps hog. In DX10, it will drop to 15 fps. Mostly runs around 25. Good looking aircraft. Can't seem to adjust the pitch trim, but need to read the manual.

OK, just tried in DX9. FPS 7 to 9. So it would appear this sim is optimized for DX10 and most likely P3D. It does look better in DX10 on my machine.

d
    That's a nice looking glacier there in the background Mr D. Which scenery is that from if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    That's a nice looking glacier there in the background Mr D. Which scenery is that from if you don't mind me asking?
    ORBX, Southern Alaska. Near Juneau.

d

Members who have read this thread: 120