Iris F-22 Raptor, two models?

Thread: Iris F-22 Raptor, two models?

Iris F-22 Raptor, two models?

Hi,

Cant find this clarifying information but what are the differences between this two models of Raptor from Iris Sim? This is old model, but some time ago (in this Year) Iris wrote news about beta (?) version of his Raptor (again?).
    I have F-22 in P3Dv2.1 . This is the same? I'm lost ; ).

The new one from 2014:
    http://www.irissimulations.com.au/ol...XKZ1tkeUS0YnU0

2011:
    http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/conten...ation-Software
    http://www.irissimulations.com.au/ha...inance-fighter <- ADF.

This "the new" looks similar like from 2011 & P3D.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The new one looks quite a bit like the old one eh? I'll be watching this thread to see if someone in the know can shed some light on it. Not terribly impressed with the quality of textures/rendering of the open beta model - based on the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    The new one looks quite a bit like the old one eh? I'll be watching this thread to see if someone in the know can shed some light on it. Not terribly impressed with the quality of textures/rendering of the open beta model - based on the photos.
    Perhaps better textures, shining effects? But something more than eye candies?

I found this info: http://asn.aerosoft.com/?p=26687 .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Okay, best to clear things up.

1. The Raptor Driver product is an entirely new product, completely unrelated to the IRIS Platinum Series F-22 Raptor, which was re-branded to the Air Dominance Fighter.

2. The new Raptor Driver product is the SAME product as shipped with P3D V2.0 by Lockheed Martin, but marketed for Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

3. The Raptor Driver product features a far more accurate visual model, higher resolution artwork and far more detailed avionics amongst other things.

In regards to the artwork, whilst everyone is entitled to their own opinion, (beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all!), Lockheed Martin were very happy and have repeatedly praised the work done on it. Certainly we couldn't ask for higher praise than that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank You David,

but in this news on Asn web portal was info too about TacPack.

"TacPack inclusion is planned for the Raptor Driver,"

Is it True?

btw. eye candies are nice always!

Yes TacPack inclusion is planned for FSX, but not until late 2014, early 2015 at the earliest due to existing commitments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure to buy this one! Still very satisfied with the 'old' Raptor, and with Iris' customer service.

Blog Entries
    I had volunteered to create a vectored thrust flight model for the new plane, but i'm afraid i never heard back from David.. Its a nice plane. I enjoy it in P3D quite a bit. I think you folks may enjoy it also in fsx.

Members who have read this thread: 73