Virtavia Martin SP-5B Marlin released!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virtavia Martin SP-5B Marlin released!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Virtavia Martin SP-5B Marlin released!

Get yours here: http://secure.simmarket.com/virtavia...rlin-fsx.phtml

Other vendors will surely add it to their inventory in the next days.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Thanks for the hu Ferry!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Hello???!!!
    Anybody in home? No any "the user" screenshot and opinion after the first touch?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I have it, and its a little "quirky" for me. Visuals are excellent, but having issues with artificial horizon & autopilot not working - at all. Also, once I land on the water, plane will not accelerate beyond 90 knots, and as a result, cannot take off. Sent a note to support. May have to try to delete & re-install.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by icycle View Post
    .....Also, once I land on the water, plane will not accelerate beyond 90 knots, and as a result, cannot take off....
    After you land on the water, try holding down the Ctrl key and press the F4 key, and then see if you can take off. Might be a prop pitch setting issue.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

I think I narrowed down the issue I am having, to something in the gauges....

On a whim, lined out the Autopilot gauge that came with the plane in the panel config, and dropped in the Alphasim B52 AP (very old, but functionally similar). Lo and behold, when loading up in FSX, the Artificial Horizon works, the Autopilot works, the flaps work (a little thing "missing" that I had not noticed before), all up to 1-2 minutes, or 1000ft, and then there is a quick "stutter", and Artificial horizon cuts off, the autopilot cuts off (can't be re-activated), and the flaps stop working!

Crazy things that seem unconnected, but all seem to fail at once. Tried deleting & re-installing a couple of times, and no change.

All pretty silly actually...

Bill

.....the Artificial Horizon works, the Autopilot works, the flaps work (a little thing "missing" that I had not noticed before), all up to 1-2 minutes, or 1000ft, and then there is a quick "stutter", and Artificial horizon cuts off, the autopilot cuts off (can't be re-activated), and the flaps stop working......
    Just checked this morning, and my artificial horizon and flaps work as expected. I haven't gotten around to testing the autopilot yet.

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
    .....I haven't gotten around to testing the autopilot yet.....
    OK, just spent about half an hour running the autopilot (via the 2D pop-up panel) through the basic features; heading, altitude changes, level flight, etc. and all seems fine on this end. Works the same whether the 2D pop-up panel is access from within the VC or the exterior views.

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Where are the screenshots? No one?

Leaving NAS Sangley Point, Philippines.

Crazy things that seem unconnected, but all seem to fail at once. Tried deleting & re-installing a couple of times, and no change.
    After Bill's emails to Phil at Virtavia we all ran a series of additional tests on the AP (both the included and substituted others) and could find no issues. Baffling but isolated.

Perplexing, but it works!

Frank,

Sent a follow up to Phil(support) this AM. Was able to "fix" with a little thought. Isolated the issue as something "electric", as some of the gauges were inop, as were the flaps. Out of curiosity, opened up the Albatross aircraft.cfg file, and noticed that all of the entries had "0" for minimum voltage (3rd entry). All of the entries for the Marlin had values, some of them high.

On a whim, changed all electrical entries for min voltage on the Marlin to "0", and viola the Marlin now works fine!!

Puzzling, but now it seems to work. Never had an issue like this, for all the other dozens of aircraft that I have (embarrassed to say how many that I actually have, not even my wife knows).

Bill

Just download and went for a quick spin.

- it's a weird looking bird, but great textures.
    - flight model seems overly sensitive for such a big aircraft.
    - many 3D switches in the VC that look great but don't work. I assume that functionally would come with a later update? One could only hope because the VC is quite nice and is just begging for more functionality.
    - rides a little high on the water. So did the Albatross. This can be adjusted
    - Sound set not as good as it could be for a big prop like this.
    - great for patrolling around FTX, southern Alaska.

d

Regarding flight characteristics here is an excerpt from the Pilot's Flight Manual The aircraft was fairly easy to fly. The Marlin has been designed to be flown with the Realism slider turned full on(full right).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marlin Flight Characteristics.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	6257
    click on the photo

As far as the Marlin riding in the water she rode fairly high as is clearly shown in this photo:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marlin in water.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	6259
    click on the photo

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    - rides a little high on the water. So did the Albatross. This can be adjusted
    I found a few photos online of the Marlin in the water, and all show the aircraft resting on just one wingtip float.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

While researching the Marlin, I came across remarks made by a former Marlin pilot regarding the fact that it was not unusual for the aircraft to carry fuel in only one bomb bay tank. This not only resulted in the aircraft sitting float down on one side but also required the pilot to make adjustments on take off in order to keep the bird straight. I'll try to locate those passages.

Having said that if you would like to duplicate that condition, open up the aircraft.cfg and locate the fuel section. Once you've done that remove the comments // from only one of the external tanks. That will make the aircraft heavy on one side. Be careful taxiing and taking off.
    Last edited by mal998; April 3rd, 2014 at 14:38.

This is a hard bird to get some nice photographic angles on, but I guess that's what makes it different. The prop texture is from my Martin Mars Coastal Command repaint with a bit of tweaking.

Tommy

ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

A few more images......

ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

And I thought this years F1 cars were ugly.

Cracking shots gents.

DX10....
    Wow....that self-shadowing looks so clean and sharp! On my old rig with DX9 that self-shadowing would have sand paper edges.

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

I saw the email just now. Great detective work.

Frank,

Sent a follow up to Phil(support) this AM. Was able to "fix" with a little thought. Isolated the issue as something "electric", as some of the gauges were inop, as were the flaps. Out of curiosity, opened up the Albatross aircraft.cfg file, and noticed that all of the entries had "0" for minimum voltage (3rd entry). All of the entries for the Marlin had values, some of them high.

On a whim, changed all electrical entries for min voltage on the Marlin to "0", and viola the Marlin now works fine!!

Puzzling, but now it seems to work. Never had an issue like this, for all the other dozens of aircraft that I have (embarrassed to say how many that I actually have, not even my wife knows).

Bill

dx10

lovely !!!

Members who have read this thread: 155