.MOS??

Thread: .MOS??

.MOS??

cant get the mos editor to work on windows 7. I know I had it working before.

followed Tom's advise and installed directx9.0c followed by manged directx but no luck.

I notice directx9.0c installs almost instantly so I am wondering if anything is even being installed??

What sort of message are you getting Steve? I'm getting .mos files opening and displaying just fine.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Hm! That's the usual message if Managed DirectX hasn't been installed. I suggest getting the June 2010 DirectX 9.0c runtime which is Windows 7 compatible and after installing that you should get Managed DirectX to 'take' properly.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

ok, d/l'ed but it wants me to direct where to install files?

Whoah!

That's the DirectX 9 SDK, all hundreds of megabytes thereof! Is that what the link in my post took you to???
    Tom

The file to download should be "directx_Jun2010_redist.exe" I just checked my link and it's okay.
    Tom

"directx_Jun2010_redist.exe" ....yup thats the name

'morning...!

Specify a folder where the download will extract all the runtime files. When done, there will be a Setup or suchlike .exe in that folder and that installs DirectX 9.0c to your system.
    Tom

evening...

ok, missed that. installed 9.0c and then managed directx but I'm still getting the same error

I dunno then Steve. Maybe check to make sure .NET is enabled? Control Panel - Programs - Turn Windows features on or off. Other than that I haven't an earthly.
    Tom

Try running this:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

I tried it in win 7 and I get an incompatible message.

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    I tried it in win 7 and I get an incompatible message.
    Program incompatible or file incompatible? To open an existing .mos file you must give the editor the location of the main texture files (Options/Directories...). You then import the .mos file, rather than File/Open.
    Tom

Try running this:

Attached Files

Hey, it worked!

was using a copy of mdxredist that i got off the knowledgebase sticky.

thanx!

For some reason, some versions don't appear to work! This one came from the old DPC site, and I guard it with my life!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

You're not kidding Nigel, I'm seeing one version at little over a megabyte unzipped whereas the DPC version is 4.84 MB (5,080,650 bytes) as a zip file!
    Tom

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    For the record, that item is right here at SOH: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=169

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Members who have read this thread: 14