Another from Mr Ito

Thread: Another from Mr Ito

Another from Mr Ito

Many, me included, have wanted one of these for FS9 for a long time---

FS2002 - FS2002 AircraftFS2002/FS2004 RAF Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.I
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: bp_defiant_mki_l7026.zip
    Size: 1,589,776 Date: 03-17-2014 Downloads: 72

FS2002/FS2004 RAF Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.I. This was a British interceptor aircraft that served with the Royal Air Force (RAF) during the Second World War. The Defiant was designed and built by Boulton Paul Aircraft as a "turret fighter", without any forward-firing guns. The concept of a turret fighter related directly to the successful First World War-era Bristol F.2 Fighter. ByKazunori Ito.

Looks like some scope for improvement on the textures front - any nice Greek chappies around, with spare time on their hands?

Any idea what it flies like Ian, will it need a bit of attention?
    Andy

SOH-CM-2024
    Hello-

This bird doesn't need much more attention than any other recent release of Ito-San's. Before I even flew it once I went thru my usual treatment... 1)Added Banana Bob's 3-bladed Spitfire prop, 2) Gary Jones' single-engine Merlin sounds, 3)went into the panel.cfg and sharpened up the pixel size in the VC (1024, 1024) and set the default view size y to 6143. Once I flew it, she struck me as being a little sluggish when I rolled it, so I added a 'flight tuning' section to the aircraft.cfg file and set the aileron effectiveness to 1.4. Lord only knows where the setting actually should be- it just felt better there...

All told, I'm pleased as punch with this release... so much I did my usual tweak of the prop disc with MdlMat so I could port it over to FSX with very little trouble from the 'prop anomaly'...

Once more, many thanks, Ito-San!

-Mike Z.

An idea for Mr. Ito

How about a Yakovlev Yak-60?

Blog Entries

For me.... it flies OK... easy handling..

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Looks like some scope for improvement on the textures front - any nice Greek chappies around, with spare time on their hands?

Any idea what it flies like Ian, will it need a bit of attention?
    and the textures are sure amenable to reworking.... here are some shots of it in flight... and a new panel I designed...
    G

When I flew the defiant, the plane shook while doing the takeoff run until it went into the air.

Any ideas to solve that problem?

Quote Originally Posted by BoeingvsAirbusNKL View Post
    When I flew the defiant, the plane shook while doing the takeoff run until it went into the air.

Any ideas to solve that problem?
    I'm working on it. Ito's FDEs are always 'interesting', this one seems more interesting than most; a quick look at it in AirWrench seems to show it is set up as a biplane!! I've made a few tweaks already (got the performance back within limits), now need to work on the aerodynamics and balance.
    Andy

I have waited so long for this THX Ito !!! BTW, Gaucho , the panel looks great !

Cool

All original (but prop) .. no big problems

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    I'm working on it. Ito's FDEs are always 'interesting', this one seems more interesting than most; a quick look at it in AirWrench seems to show it is set up as a biplane!! I've made a few tweaks already (got the performance back within limits), now need to work on the aerodynamics and balance.
    Thanks, Andy.

Can't Wait for it.

Any news on updates?

Cees

Members who have read this thread: 41