Glowing Heat B-58 Hustler for FSX on Flightsim Store!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Glowing Heat B-58 Hustler for FSX on Flightsim Store!!!

In theory the Store will notify me when the update is available...

Will the engine turbine textures be updated in the service pack? These are the AlphaSim textures.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Will the engine turbine textures be updated in the service pack? These are the AlphaSim textures.

Hi DVJ,

Not in this small update no, perhaps a future update.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    I will find out and report back when the other shops have also updated the downloads.
    I was just wondering if you heard back from JustFlight? That's where I purchased my copy on 3/20, but I can't tell if they updated the download or not.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    I was just wondering if you heard back from JustFlight? That's where I purchased my copy on 3/20, but I can't tell if they updated the download or not.
    Yes the latest version is available from your Just Flight account.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Probs with Afteburner Effect

I installed the new version of the B-58 and now having problems with the afterburner sporadically showing up in the external views. when advancing the throttles to the point when the afterburners engage, the afterburner flames appear momentarily then dissapear. As I continue to advance the throttles to full afterburner, once again the flames appear momentarily then dissapear. When I pressed the "I" key just to see what would happen, the flames appear for a split second then dissapear again. As far as I can tell, everything is the aircraft cfg file looks OK compared to the earlier version of the B-58 which I removed. All effects files are in the right places. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Yes the latest version is available from your Just Flight account.

Thanks
    Martyn
    How about The FlightSim Store? Got mine 20/3/2014 ...

Iìm still waiting for the avelina iupdate from the FlightSim Store

Quote Originally Posted by sarwulf View Post
    I installed the new version of the B-58 and now having problems with the afterburner sporadically showing up in the external views. when advancing the throttles to the point when the afterburners engage, the afterburner flames appear momentarily then dissapear. As I continue to advance the throttles to full afterburner, once again the flames appear momentarily then dissapear. When I pressed the "I" key just to see what would happen, the flames appear for a split second then dissapear again. As far as I can tell, everything is the aircraft cfg file looks OK compared to the earlier version of the B-58 which I removed. All effects files are in the right places. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks!
    No problems here. Dx9 or Dx10 seem ok.

d

Thanks!
    Is this in DX9 or DX10 Preview mode?

I've tried in both FSX default DX9 and DX10 with no other addons and it works fine. Have you tried reinstalling it? The flames will only appear for a split second anyway if you press L because they are tied to a gauge that checks engine parameters - they will only light up when the criteria is met.

Please try reinstalling, if that does not work, I can only assume that you may possibly be experiencing a conflict with another addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    How about The FlightSim Store? Got mine 20/3/2014 ...
    Will ask the question.

I have looked through the manual and I can not seem to find anything, so could anybody tell me if there is a way to extend the missle on the Snoopy variant in flight. Does it only extend on shut down?

Hi

it only extends on shutdown, however I will add that to my notes for a possible update at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Hi

it only extends on shutdown, however I will add that to my notes for a possible update at some point.
    Thanks for the reply, It is no big deal just thought maybe I was doing something wrong.

Prob with Afterburner Effects Part 2

After reinstalling the B-58, I continued to get the same problem with the afterburner only appearing momentarily. I went into the aircraft cfg file (lights section) and reassigned the afterburner fx to another afterburning aircraft I had in my library and it works great now. Not sure what was up with the original afterburner fx file? I am using DX10 and Steve's DX10 Fixer. Thanks for the suggestions!

After reinstalling the B-58, I continued to get the same problem with the afterburner only appearing momentarily. I went into the aircraft cfg file (lights section) and reassigned the afterburner fx to another afterburning aircraft I had in my library and it works great now. Not sure what was up with the original afterburner fx file? I am using DX10 and Steve's DX10 Fixer. Thanks for the suggestions!
    Ah, yes I have seen some issues with lights in DX10 where the lights flashed in time with a beacon when every light is turned on, but I use Steves Dx10 fixer and the problem seemed to go away... I guess it's one of the joys of DX10 preview! Glad you got it working with some other effects.

The flightsim store should now have the current release version

PC Aviator now finally has the updated installer fixing a couple of bugs

59-2440

I've finally got a reasonable metal finish to put on this beautiful babe. 2440 was the last Hustler to be seen this side of the Pond; sadly within a few months they were all stacked up at Davis-Monthan. What a waste....!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B-58 2440-2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	6631

Just uploaded here and at Flightsim.com. Let me know what you think.

Will try to post a few of the 'what-if's' I did years ago in the Alphasim days. The changes are minor but take time.
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Thanks Dave. Will be adding this one to the hanger. Looking forward to the "what-if's".

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to the "What-ifs" as well. Thanks Dave.

Elevons texture problem with 59-2440

I have downloaded and installed Dave's new 43rd Bomb Wing B-58A texture. It looks wonderful - thanks Dave! I did note one problem. Both elevon's are black on both the upper and lower side. My (temporary) fix was to go into the folder (above 59-2440) and get the file "elevons_t.dds", copy it and then paste it into the 59-2440. The black elevons disappear. but the aluminum color on the substitute "elevons_t.dds" doesn't match Dave's wonderful work. Dave: is it possible for you do provided a matching elevons texture? Thanks again, Bill

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Missing Elevon texture

Sorry folks - missed it out of the file. Will repost the update; meanwhile here is the matching one.

elevons_t.zip

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Got it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Sorry folks - missed it out of the file. Will repost the update; meanwhile here is the matching one.

elevons_t.zip

DaveQ

Members who have read this thread: 132