Glowing Heat B-58 Hustler for FSX on Flightsim Store!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Glowing Heat B-58 Hustler for FSX on Flightsim Store!!!

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    What addon are you using for your clouds, it looks awesome.

Great screenshots

Just to be a bit of a "rivet counter" but the TB-58 only ever flew with a single pod if my books correct. I ought to have disabled the two pods on the Trainer version, but it's not incredibly important.
    Rex 4. Thunderstorms, 7/8 coverage, unlimited visibility, 1000' to 35000' elevation.

Old and New

I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Nice shot...

Fabulous work CenturySeries!

@butcherbird17 -- Is this available? love the modern look! Wow!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

000rick000,
    This is one of fsafranek paints for the fs9 bird. I had to add and edit the spec files for it and converted the
    bmp's to dds files. You can get the paint at his site here: http://www.mirage4fs.com/Alphasim/index.html

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    000rick000,
    This is one of fsafranek paints for the fs9 bird. I had to add and edit the spec files for it and converted the
    bmp's to dds files. You can get the paint at his site here: http://www.mirage4fs.com/Alphasim/index.html

Joe
    I had read on one of the B-58 sites about the flight crew taking great delight in literally flying the paint right off their B-58's. And then returning to the base to see the faces of the crew. Skip.

I'm really hoping that John of Warbirdsim or ******** will get their hands on this bird and apply their breakthroughs in aluminum texturing to it!

Edit: Thanks Butcher bird for the link!
    Last edited by Mach3DS; March 20th, 2014 at 14:52.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

000rick000,

Joe
    Did you resize the bmp's when you converted them? I noticed the significant size difference in between the old textures and the new ones.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Did you resize the bmp's when you converted them? I noticed the significant size difference in between the old textures and the new ones.
    My original FS9 textures were all 1024x1024. That was how we did things back then. David remade them (or used them as a starting point) to be 2048x2048 for the FSX version. There was no major mapping change so the older ones will work on the new model but they may not be as sharp and you'll need to do some work with the spec textures as Butcherbird17 mentioned. If you enlarge them to 2048 they'll just get fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    As fsafranek posted, they are 1024x textures and upping the size does make them fuzzy. Although the spec files are 2048x
    they still look good. I still need to adjust the rear fuse texture's alpha so it will not shine as much as it does in the pic
    compared to the front.
    And like 000rick000, I too would like to see bomber, gman or Tufun put their aluminum texture expertise on this great model
    of a classic airframe. (hint, hint)

Joe

As fsafranek posted, they are 1024x textures and upping the size does make them fuzzy. Although the spec files are 2048x
    they still look good. I still need to adjust the rear fuse texture's alpha so it will not shine as much as it does in the pic
    compared to the front.
    And like 000rick000, I too would like to see bomber, gman or Tufun put their aluminum texture expertise on this great model
    of a classic airframe. (hint, hint)

Joe
    FYI there is a 'Project Bullseye' 2048 camo texture in the new set which cleans up some of the blurring. I put out a few 2048 x 2048 textures about three years back, available here (I think) and at Flightsim.com. Most textures fit and the spec files with the new set are copies of the main file as far as I can tell. But there are issues with the way the weaponry and pods are textured and will need mods if you want to use them on this model. But the bump files mostly fit and she does look gorgeous still!! So a great big thanks to David and the team for revitalising this beautiful aeroplane for FSX. Here she is dressed up in a couple of mine.

59-2428 in SEA night camo and carrying a white ALBM (which should have USAF on it but the texture is mirrored on the left side so I left it off. I've called her 'Annabelle' for no real reason!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B-58 Camo1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	5729

This is 59-2440 as she was in 1969 just prior to withdrawal and the last Hustler to visit the UK.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B-58 2440-1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	5730
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Thanks for clarifying that Dave. The textures I used in my pic (above a few post) are for the original fs9 bird
    and come as 1024x files. So upping the size does make them blurry and don't have spec files. I used the spec
    files from the new release out of the shared texture folder and then edited them for the older paint.
    Now I need to go fly her (only flew her once) as I can't stop looking at this very SEXY girl sitting on the ground.

Joe

Now I need to go fly her (only flew her once) as I can't stop looking at this very SEXY girl sitting on the ground.

Joe
    Amen to that!!!
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

I really like her in that "what if" grey scheme

Great screenshots Dave. Like the ALBM camo version!

Does anyone know if the crew can be removed??

DaveQ

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Does anyone know if the crew can be removed??

DaveQ
    Not sure if they do, but I haven't checked. Just added a few of your paints and noticed on the RAF2 camo paint
    that the wings left_t texture needs to be flipped. (b-58raf.zip at Flightsim) Also have you done spec files for these
    paints?

P.S. Wouldn't mind seeing a modern (what if) RAF paint on her, she does look good in RAF colors.

Joe

Not got around to the RAF paints yet but thanks for posting this, Joe. I guess I feel she wouldn't have remained in service after the Vulcan so a light grey scheme would be pushing credibility a bit. But pm me with what you have in mind and we'll see what she looks like...

DaveQ

I love the 'what-if ' RAF repaint. I wonder if in real life, the Hustler might have been a suitable aircraft for the RAF to operate, its thirsty engines compensated for by the relatively short range from Britain to the western Soviet Union ? It's an intriguing idea.

One quick request for if/when a patch is released...

When jettisoning the center tank it falls below the aircraft but never disappears...just stays in flight with the aircraft about 100 feet below it's normal position.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post

When jettisoning the center tank it falls below the aircraft but never disappears...just stays in flight with the aircraft about 100 feet below it's normal position.

I concur, it looks funny flying along underneath and never disappearing.

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post

Hi

I spotted this at the weekend. I've now submitted new installers to all the shops, so far I've had confirmation from simMarket, but all the other shops should be following along close behind.

if yout the Hustler from SimMarket, please redownload the installer. I will find out and report back when the other shops have also updated the downloads.

also, the updated set includes a comms panel and bank angle indices around the main attitude indicator gauge and another prototype scheme:

Wow that was fast! From all the critiques I've seen I must say, fabulous customer service! Also it's a hoot to putt around in! Glad to support this project! Also, great additional scheme. I really like the lines on this one!
    Last edited by Mach3DS; March 24th, 2014 at 12:54.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 132