FS2004 NAC de Havilland DH-114 Heron 1B.zip

Thread: FS2004 NAC de Havilland DH-114 Heron 1B.zip

FS2004 NAC de Havilland DH-114 Heron 1B.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Skins

Description: New Zealand National Airways Corporation (NAC) was the first operator to receive the DH-114. From 1952 till 1957 NAC flew with four Herons 1B's, which were acquired to serve those airfields which could not take NAC's standard airliner of those days, the Douglas DC-3.The Herons primarily flew across Cook Strait (Rongotai-Blenheim-Nelson) and later also to Hamilton and Rotorua. Since many modifications were required for this new airliner, the Herons proved too costly. In 1957 they were written from use. One Heron was sold to the UK but sadly suffered a fatal crash on delivery. The other three, including ZK-BBM, were stored and in 1960 sold to Fiji Airways (later Air Pacific). In November 1975 Rotorua-based Air North bought ZK-BBM from Air Pacific. Already in 1978 she made her final landing and was stored for years at Ardmore Airfield. Classic Flyers NZ, based at Tauranga Airport acquired the Heron in March 1989. Since then she has been restored tofor static display at the Classic Flyers Museum.

This repaint has been made for Peter Ham, Chief Pilot of Classic Flyers NZ and one of the driving forces of this great organisation. (see also www.classicflyersnz.com) A big thank you to Steve Baldwin who made his awesome bare-metal textures available for me to realise this project. You will need the DH-114 package available at Classic British Flightsim. (see http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_lib/thu...s.php?album=51) Repaint by Maarten Brouwer.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004 NAC de Havilland DH-114 Heron 1B.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Download problems

This is a fantastic skin for a favorite aircraft. However, I keep getting a notification upon download that this is a corrupt archive. Repeated attempts at downloading are unsuccessful. I have also disabled all virus protection and tried it that way, but without success.

Offer to send the NAC Heron files

Hi there SS101, I have those files if you need them, let me know. when growing up in wellington I always the Heron was a "nice looking" aircraft and can still reminisce.
    Lindsay

Members who have read this thread: 4