Hints on the upcoming Virtavia aircraft?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hints on the upcoming Virtavia aircraft?

Hints on the upcoming Virtavia aircraft?

Not asking when...I'm asking "what". Any hints regarding what it could be? Maybe some clues like country of origin, interesting facts, something along those lines.
    It sounds like it's due to be released "soon", per Virtavia's Feb 28th posting, and again, not asking when, I'm asking for maybe a hint or two as to "what" it is.

http://www.virtavia.com/

Could be a number of things, on the US/NATO side, E-2, OV-1, HS 748/Andover, Breguet Atlantic, on the Soviet side, the Antonov twins, Beriev.
    Personally, I hope for either a E-2 or an Atlantic. We'll see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Could be a number of things, on the US/NATO side, E-2, OV-1, HS 748/Andover, Breguet Atlantic, on the Soviet side, the Antonov twins, Beriev.
    Personally, I hope for either a E-2 or an Atlantic. We'll see.
    My guess: V-22 (it has two props, it's cold war...

The fairchild cargo planes (C- 82/119/120/123) are also a possibility on the US side.

I'm sure I saw someone was working on a Be-12 somewhere though, whether it was someone at/for Virtavia is another matter.

I'm hoping for a DHC-5. FYI, the V-22 isn't Cold War. The Cold War was over before the V-22 became operational.

A DHC-5 would be cool too. Whatever it is, it is a twin turboprop, not a piston according to the news post.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Although I would love a Soviet/Russian design like the Be-12, I would be very surprised if anything from that side of the world would be on their plate, just because I don't think it would sell as well as a "Western" type.
    Additionally, the cockpit of the Be-12 is quite complex, and I'm not sure how willing Virtavia would be to model something like that. Check out the cockpit pictures below (pages 1 and 2).

http://englishrussia.com/2010/06/19/...-air-garrison/

Of course, I could happily be wrong!

My personal guess fitting the "Cold War Twin Prop" message posted on their website would be a Fairchild C-123 Provider.

EDIT: The quote on the website does not say turboprop. "Apologies for the lack of activity ! We have been working hard on an all-new Cold War twin-engined prop aircraft for FSX which will be announced in a few days and will be on sale in about a week. In the meantime, the Virtavia Westland Melrin for FS2004 and FSX is now available as freeware ! A VC and 2D panel are included as well as custom sounds. Just head over to the Freeware pages : Virtavia Freeware Site"

P2V?

(to make this post more than 10 characters)

Quote Originally Posted by malibu43 View Post
    P2V?

(to make this post more than 10 characters)
    A clean revamp of the old Alphasim, fingers crossed, pretty - aggressive - quick - and famous

It would require a series off variants and models tho

With "twin Prop" and "cold war" I normally think of transports like Transall, Noratlas, Provider, Boxcar, Caribou or Buffalo. Also patrol aircraft like Atlantique or Neptune. Ofc Caribou and Neptune would be a remake.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

I saw this thread and thought "Hope it's an updated Neptune..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    A clean revamp of the old Alphasim, fingers crossed, pretty - aggressive - quick - and famous

It would require a series off variants and models tho

sure would..cant have a proper Neptune with out a airtanker model.....i get to see them (or did?) every summer flying fires here in my neck of the woods,one fire in the canyon just beyond my home,,we had the S2Ts ,AU P3s,Neptune P2Vs,C-130s of Hawkins and Powers,even got to see the RD4Y before it crashed.........awesome day that was...

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Although I would love a Soviet/Russian design like the Be-12......
    YEAH! That is a brutal beast of an aircraft, and it would look pretty cool sitting next to my Virtavia Tu-22 Blinder too!

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Pity than not Tu-94, 4 prop...

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

How about the FMA IA 58A Pucara? I know it's not strictly Cold War as in Soviets vs. the West, but it is a twin T-prop of that era with a combat history...and a neat looking aircraft in my books...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1947178.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	5407

N.

Sovietsky ... ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 800px-Russian_Navy_Beriev_Be-12PS_Dvurekov-1.jpg  

What about the C-36 Commando, used well into and through the cold war period.

Since the Feb 28th announcement stating a project reveal and following week being made fore sale, nothing from Virtavia on it.

Any insider news?
    I pass gas!

DarrenL ... C-46 Curtiss Commando! (Curtiss Calamity ... The Whale) Yes! Phil, I'd kill for one of these that's native FSX~

Hopefully everything's alright with their development team, and it's simply a minor setback from their proposed schedule. Looking forward to seeing whatever they produce next (assuming everything is fine), and hoping we'll hear some sort of news soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kestell View Post
    DarrenL ... C-46 Curtiss Commando! (Curtiss Calamity ... The Whale) Yes! Phil, I'd kill for one of these that's native FSX~
    And I just noticed I mistyped it as C-36 above - doh!

Rest assured, everything and everyone here at Virtavia is just fine. We are busily working on buttoning up the remaining details for our new _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

17 letters or spaces, eh?

fairchildprovider

F-82 Twin Mustang

Fairchild Ac-119g

C-119flyingboxcar

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Pity than not Tu-94, 4 prop...

Attachment 5737

Could be a Percival Pebroke, Short C-23 Sherpa

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    C-119flyingboxcar
    One can only hope.