Hints on the upcoming Virtavia aircraft? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hints on the upcoming Virtavia aircraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sykes View Post
    Could be a Percival Pebroke, Short C-23 Sherpa
    Sherpa is a turboprop, so I doubt that. As for the Pembroke, wouldn't that just be our "luck"? Of course, after the release of the R3Y Tradewind, anything is possible, isn't it?

(Off to think up obscure planes that only had a few examples built, and that have 17-letter names...)

K

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    (Off to think up obscure planes that only had a few examples built, and that have 17-letter names...)

K
    First we had the "rivet counters"; now we have the "underscore counters".
    Mike Mann

It's none of the above. But one of you got very close (at least to the basic subject type).

I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking when I posted all those blank spaces. In hindsight I guess it was a little sadistic, but I couldn't just ignore all those really good suggestions. And some of those are really good candidates for future releases. A few of my own favorites would include, but not be limited to, the FJ-4B Fury, C-46 Commando (perfect for flying the "Hump"), C-119 Boxcar, C-123, and oh so many more.

Just waiting for the final model so we can do some testing.

BTW, one Guess was verrrry close.

I was hoping for a Savage, but it had two piston engines and a jet. Either way, I'm sure it's something I'll be looking forward to flying.

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Rest assured, everything and everyone here at Virtavia is just fine. We are busily working on buttoning up the remaining details for our new _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
    17 characters?

C-four six Commando

Finally! (I mean the airplane, not the announcement ). I've wanted one of these for a long type. I'm definitely looking forward to this release.

Great!

I was hoping for something along the lines of the Martin Marlin or Beriev Be-12. The Bariev Be-12 has the big advantage of optional land based operations, and may have actually appealed to a wider audience. Can't argue with the rugged Russian looks either. But the Martin Marlin it is......

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Interesting choice, and a good looking model but I'm not in the market for this one, as it has no interesting history for me. Let's hope they pick up on all the hints for a Flying Boxcar or Provider in these threads!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

When will the SP-5B Marlin actually be available to purchase? The Virtavia site shows it under current products. But none of the listed sale sights has it listed.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Agree! Nice choice!

More: http://www.virtavia.com/gallery_SP-5B.html .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Should be out anytime now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-3-27_15-54-42-860.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	5914

I love it ... but it makes me want to say: "Good Night, Mrs. Calabash, Wherever You Are"!
    or "HACHA ... CHA".

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kestell View Post
    I love it ... but it makes me want to say: "Good Night, Mrs. Calabash, Wherever You Are"!
    or "HACHA ... CHA".
    Yes, thank you. All along I've been trying to figure out who or what character that nose reminds me of. Jimmy Durante works but I keep seeing some cartoon character also but I can't out a name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Yes, thank you. All along I've been trying to figure out who or what character that nose reminds me of. Jimmy Durante works but I keep seeing some cartoon character also but I can't out a name on it.
    Elmer Fudd?

How about Eugene The Jeep from "Popeye"?
    ...things will go as they will; and there's no use hurrying to meet them.

Could you possibly be thinking of the dog in the cartoon strip, The Duplex?

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    Elmer Fudd?
    Eugene The Jeep?

Oops! Sorry for the 2 posts

Will radar operate or its only texture inside?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yoyo look at the pics and description and you probably have your answer that it seems that the radar is just eye candy.

http://www.virtavia.com/gallery_SP-5B.html
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Will radar operate or its only texture inside?

The large center display is not a radar indicator. It is a device that showed the aircraft movement when tracking a submarine. A stylus inside moved against the back of special paper and literally scratched a visible line indicating the planes movements. I don't remember the name or the designation of it...it's been almost fifty years since I had to work on one (SP-2E and P-3B). But I do remember that keeping the stylus properly mounted to the strings that drove it was a real pain. Changing the special paper was easy for some, but I seemed to have a knack for screwing it up.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Hum, looks like another purchase to give my alphasim Coastie Goats (HU16) company.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Members who have read this thread: 168