Question concerning Skysim Mirage

Thread: Question concerning Skysim Mirage

Question concerning Skysim Mirage

Hallo everybody!
    Can anyone tell me if Mark Harper, the creator of the great Mirage 5 is aound this forum??
    I'd like to fly his beauty in P3Dv2 there are some problems, that I don't understand right know.
    Would be a chame if I'd have to put that plane, which has always been in my hangar, on the junkyard.

With best regards

Christoph

I doubt you're going to get a fix for that older version as he's got a new one in build(but on hold until the F-14 is finished). I'd actually love to get my hands on the installer again just for FSX since I lost mine in a HD crash and can't seem to get a hold of an installer(I have current Flight 1 keys!!!).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That would be sad. I like the Mirage the way it is build!!

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I'd actually love to get my hands on the installer again just for FSX since I lost mine in a HD crash and can't seem to get a hold of an installer(I have current Flight 1 keys!!!).
    PM me your email and I'll send you the Flight1 installer for it.

3 months ago I was trying to reinstall my legitimate copy of this Mirage 3 but despite assistance from Flight 1 all I could get was the partial Mirage in my select aircraft screen and some screen telling me I had an illegal copy. I will stick to freeware or buy products with support.

I can assure everyone that the new updated Mirage III/V pack will be worth the wait. I was involved in Beta Testing the early iteration of the new Mirage and it is a significant improvement over the original in regards to 3D modeling and VC/exterior texturing. Hopefully before too much longer, Mark will be done with the F-14 and be able to resume the advanced work on the new Mirage pack.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I can assure everyone that the new updated Mirage III/V pack will be worth the wait. I was involved in Beta Testing the early iteration of the new Mirage and it is a significant improvement over the original in regards to 3D modeling and VC/exterior texturing. Hopefully before too much longer, Mark will be done with the F-14 and be able to resume the advanced work on the new Mirage pack.
    These are good news. Neverseless, that means, that I have to wait approx 2 years to fly the Mirage again, or I have to step back to FSX:-(
    Thanks for your answer

Chritoph

If you just want a real good Mirage, you can take a look at the Freeware Mirage IIIB from http://restauravia.fr/html/creations_fsx.html
    I tested it on P3DV2 and all works fine.
    English is not my native language, so please be generous if I write funny things :-)

I am sure Mark's new Mirage will be an excellent product as was the original. I just hope the product, while being protected, is easier for legitimate buyers to reinstall after changing computers tec.

Quote Originally Posted by maikchaos View Post
    If you just want a real good Mirage, you can take a look at the Freeware Mirage IIIB from http://restauravia.fr/html/creations_fsx.html
    I tested it on P3DV2 and all works fine.
    Yes, you are right. This one is a real beauty!!
    I have ths one already in my inventory like all their creations.

The issue is obviously (I was going to say most likely) a problem with the license protection scheme that Mark included with the Mirage and again for the Flanker. Both use Flight1 as the installer but that is just the delivery system. It is after installation and during license verification that things get mucked up.

Christoph, you didn't mention what your operating system is but I would guess that P3Dv2 is enough of a change from the WinXP/FSX we were all using back at initial release that the license verification can't figure things out. I recently built a new gaming system and for whatever reason I put Win8.1 on it. The only way I can run Mark's Mirage is to put FSX into WinXP compatibility mode. I have yet to get the Flanker to load as it used to. A few of the Virtavia aircraft had the same (or similar enough by the same author) license verification scheme but I have't re-installed them yet to see how they fair. Maybe I should to get Phil involved and light a fire under this problem?

Frank, I finally got my hands on a Flight 1 installer(after losing my original). Using my original & reactivated keys/order number, everything worked perfectly and so far continues to work fine. The only issue I had was the installer finding the proper directory in Win7-64. I had to struggle a bit with that to get the installer to aim where it needed to.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    The issue is obviously (I was going to say most likely) a problem with the license protection scheme that Mark included with the Mirage and again for the Flanker. Both use Flight1 as the installer but that is just the delivery system. It is after installation and during license verification that things get mucked up.

Christoph, you didn't mention what your operating system is but I would guess that P3Dv2 is enough of a change from the WinXP/FSX we were all using back at initial release that the license verification can't figure things out. I recently built a new gaming system and for whatever reason I put Win8.1 on it. The only way I can run Mark's Mirage is to put FSX into WinXP compatibility mode. I have yet to get the Flanker to load as it used to. A few of the Virtavia aircraft had the same (or similar enough by the same author) license verification scheme but I have't re-installed them yet to see how they fair. Maybe I should to get Phil involved and light a fire under this problem?
    Hi Frank.
    Yes, obviously a license problem. I'll give it a try with the Compability mode.
    Havn't even decided, if I will go on with P3Dv2 or step back to FSX?!

Frank, I finally got my hands on a Flight 1 installer(after losing my original). Using my original & reactivated keys/order number, everything worked perfectly and so far continues to work fine. The only issue I had was the installer finding the proper directory in Win7-64. I had to struggle a bit with that to get the installer to aim where it needed to.
    What was the solution? Details please. I was only able to get it to work in Win8 by telling the OS to treat FSX as if it were running on an XP system. I did initially install FSX to the suggested location -- Program Files x86 -- which from reading forums since and in emails from Mark could be an issue. I was not able to get Mark's Su-27 to run and it uses the same security scheme. So location may be the cause.

Members who have read this thread: 67