C-97 wip
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: C-97 wip

C-97 wip

Somehow this hasn't yet been realized in FSX. So I thought why not give it a try?

<iframe frameborder="0" height="480" width="640" allowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" src="https://skfb.ly/x6XS?autostart=0&transparent=0&autospin=0&controls =1"></iframe>

The link will lead you to a site called Sketchfab, and your browser permitting you can see the current model in full 3D, just push and turn and zoom with the mouse.

Oh yes! From the man who makes the most rewarding to fly classic propliners! Great choice. I fly Tom Gibson's/Greg Pepper's KC-97 a lot in FSX which is still going strong for a portover but a Manfred version will be the bees knees for FSX.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Oh yes! I'd love to see the C-97/KC-97 series, it is a classic! I tried A2A's B377 on a friends system back when it first came out and loved it but I elected not to buy it simply because there were no Military variants in that package nor any planned and I quite frankly had no interest in the prop-liner version. So yes, please do!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, yes, YES! NC

Couldn't wish for a better aircraft from you Manfred
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Manfred, you know how to stir the FSX pot. We anxiously await watching the progress of your new project.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

He's doing it again :-) Great news. I love that 3D plugin, by the way. Works very well and without leaving the SOH site. Nice stuff.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    ... your browser permitting you can see the current model in full 3D...
    Firefox is fine, IE10 won't cut it on my system.

Interesting model, Manfred!

edit: trying for WebGL plugin I get told to upgrade to IE11, phbbttttt : I'll use Firefox meantime
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Outstanding, Manfred ... but I'd kill for a C-46 Commando with a vintage panel stablemate for your C-47V2 (a very unsubtle hint)

Icon27

C-97.... are classic prop's sparking fsx enthusiasme, or vise versa, lol.

Anyway, I love it Manfred. (hmm, felt weird addressing someone else with my name, )

Bill, I am with you on the C-46 commando. Check HEB Ad and Hy Vee Ad.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Wow, I wasn't expecting this! I really love these kinds of surprises. Thanks for the previews and letting us know you're developing another classic for us.

Hi everybody.

Am greatly relieved to see that this project appears to be filling a gap.

At present I am planning on having three opening doors including the rear and starboard freight doors.

The KC-type booms and appendages are under construction, too, as are the nacelles and props. I'll update the model on Sketchfab in regular intervals so that you can follow its progress.

As you will have noticed, the panel lines are horribly over-emphasised in order to see whether they all add up plausibly, later they will be refined to almost nothing.

So not all browsers allow the 3D viewing, thanks Tom. Apparently, what they need is a plugin called Webgl.

Thanks all, and if you see anything amiss, apart from it not being that other double-bubble plane, let me know.

Manfred

a dream come true

A dream come true...KC-97 is the "forgotten bird". I have almost 1500 hours flying the real thing (1958-1962) and rarely see any mention of the plane.
    I tried the A2A version but it just isn't the same. I did find one decent plastic kit for it and modified it so that the boom was properly extended. Never could find the right B-47 to tuck under it though.
    Looking forward to this along with the final version of your C-47/DC-3

Great choice! A sure-fire winner...thanks!

C-97

Great choice. I spent some time on these birds in the late 1960's in Guam.

Quote Originally Posted by Maj Kong View Post
    A dream come true...KC-97 is the "forgotten bird". I have almost 1500 hours flying the real thing (1958-1962) and rarely see any mention of the plane.
    I tried the A2A version but it just isn't the same. I did find one decent plastic kit for it and modified it so that the boom was properly extended. Never could find the right B-47 to tuck under it though.
    Looking forward to this along with the final version of your C-47/DC-3
    Major,
    Ever try a landing like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS_og...yer_embedded#! She was never made into a coffee shop as was planned but is still there today, although the original owner no longer owns the Inn. I used to live about 30 miles from Dodgeville and remember all the talk about getting her down on a short runway. Guess the pilots had a brass pair!

Hope this brings back memories for you. Could also be a landing challenge when Manfred gets his done. (Dodgeville Munie in FSX)

Lyn

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kestell View Post
    Outstanding, Manfred ... but I'd kill for a C-46 Commando with a vintage panel stablemate for your C-47V2 (a very unsubtle hint)
    Me too, me too!!!

Excellent choice but what a complex model, Manfred ! Will we get the KC-97 model with the added jet engines ?

Wow what a pretty picture. Yes, I am planning to do the jet engines, too. "Four turning and two burning" ...

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Wow what a pretty picture. Yes, I am planning to do the jet engines, too. "Four turning and two burning" ...
    Wonderful. Really looking forward to the day we see it, Manfred. Here's the other picture...

Its just a great looking aircraft !

Awesome! Don't want to ask for too much, but any way you can slap an ugly tank on the bottom for fire bombing?

Quote Originally Posted by Geomitrak View Post
    Excellent choice but what a complex model, Manfred ! Will we get the KC-97 model with the added jet engines ?

4 turning and 2 burning!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Well, certainly 4 turning. As its coming in to land, they probably have the 2 switched off.

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Tanker 84! What a big beast. Back in the 90's we put in a long night in Grande Prairie lending a hand to the H&P boys when they popped a couple of jugs deploying to Alaska for the season. Borrowed 'em a whack of cylinder studs that got sheared off when the old girl let go- '2800's and '4360's share alot of the same P&W hardware and tooling. Our six looked like a minnow parked up next to that whale.
    Looking forward to this one. Well done!

Members who have read this thread: 94