C-97 wip - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: C-97 wip

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Inside a KC-97L tour by a boomer veteran...

Very informative vid. This guy must of lowered the boom quite a few times in his day. I didn't know that the Flight engineer controlled the actual fuel transfer. The boomer just made sure
    that the boom was positioned or guided to the plane that needed fuel. I wonder if the boomer job went to senior enlisted or Officers.

Quiz question for Strat aficionados

Hey, we've got taxilights and crew door. BUT the question is, what is on that decal next to the door?? Educated guesses anyone?

UPDATE: PW R-4360 Sound test

Some further work on the sounds.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Hey, we've got taxilights and crew door. BUT the question is, what is on that decal next to the door?? Educated guesses anyone?

TuFun logo!

Some further work on the sounds.

This is going to be amazing! Well done TF!

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    TuFun logo!
    I had to chuckle on that one! I think it has to do with the controls on the door when it's up as you can see the labels above the handle. Probably upside down as the door is opened.

Sound cone test for #3 engine and all four radials. The prop wash sound (wind) is running a little to fast here, the rparams settings adjustment needed. More testing to do.

Video of the real deal... taxi/takeoff. The only video I could find with takoff.

Great soundscapes, Tufun! As for the door, the lettering I have there at this point is "one person only on steps" but that's for lack of any exact info. It may be as you say, some inverted lettering saying "to open turn handle and push" or something like that.

Re the logo, nice try, dvj! You're not very far off, it's to do with a person related to flight simming. Oh, and a bit of pop music is in there as well... nudge nudge wink wink?

Ted, your persistence shows. The mods to the sounds have a nice flow as you transition.
    Ever try making sound files from scratch, for a helicopter?

Latest Update: Sound

Flown over the beautiful island Corsica!

Such a great model and iconic aircraft to portray. Looking at the latest videos, how many variants do you plan on developing? I've seen some pics with the turbojet and other's without.

I bought the A2A 377 and just never got into it, too much work getting the engine settings right, for me anyway. I really like this one though as some systems really seem to be simplified and I very much like the A2A refueling area and working underside lights and effects. Superb job!
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Great video. Really looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Such a great model and iconic aircraft to portray. Looking at the latest videos, how many variants do you plan on developing? I've seen some pics with the turbojet and other's without. I bought the A2A 377 and just never got into it, too much work getting the engine settings right, for me anyway. I really like this one though as some systems really seem to be simplified and I very much like the A2A refueling area and working underside lights and effects. Superb job!
    That is the reason for aircraft of that era having a pilot, copilot, and flight engineer and the reason I limit myself to single and twin engined aircraft. A2A makes great aircraft and Accusim adds tons of realism, but realism of that level when multiplied by the number of engines and systems to be monitored can quickly overwhelm one person. I do think that Manfred is doing an outstanding job with developing this C-97 and TuFun's sounds are audio artistry. This is payware level of quality.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Charter Member 2015
    ya, I have the A2A version and cannot fly it with out the engines burning up and I don't even have the full like real version?

David

Quote Originally Posted by Pepere View Post
    ya, I have the A2A version and cannot fly it with out the engines burning up and I don't even have the full like real version?

David
    It's a compelling aircraft to fly. When I first flew her, I would burn the engine by the time I got to the end of the runway... lots of fire and smoke! I didn't fully understand the cowls and cooling flaps this thing has back then. Now it's no problem after keeping an eye on the engineering panel before takeoff. Remember to set your cowls a 2 or 3 setting open. Also after takeoff pull your engines back into climbing setting and after you reaching cruise altitude set for cruise settings. I usually set mine around 2100-2200 rpm and 40'

Also is your virtual engineer set on? This video may explain some features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgrzvfm9XIo

Having some fun with the start sequence and full power run, then swing to the right for cruise power.

Great sounds Tufun,

Would be an awesome Christmas gift if released around that time. We can only hope you and Manfred are in the final stages.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

A good flight engineer is as important as a good gas passer in surgery! Without one you don't get too far. I don't know if it is still there but there was one in McMinnville Oregon at the airport, impressive cockpit at least as far as the FE position goes.

Cheers. Tom

Charter Member 2015
    It's a compelling aircraft to fly. When I first flew her, I would burn the engine by the time I got to the end of the runway... lots of fire and smoke! I didn't fully understand the cowls and cooling flaps this thing has back then. Now it's no problem after keeping an eye on the engineering panel before takeoff. Remember to set your cowls a 2 or 3 setting open. Also after takeoff pull your engines back into climbing setting and after you reaching cruise altitude set for cruise settings. I usually set mine around 2100-2200 rpm and 40'

Also is your virtual engineer set on? This video may explain some features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgrzvfm9XIo

Is that still true if I don't have the Accu-Sim version?

David

Quote Originally Posted by Pepere View Post
    Is that still true if I don't have the Accu-Sim version?

David
    Looks like its only for the Captain of the Ship version.

Members who have read this thread: 94