P-3 Thread continued...
Page 1 of 29 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: P-3 Thread continued...

P-3 Thread continued...

Over the last hour or so I noticed the server was busy & could not get in but when I did get back in just now, I see the P-3 thread is now missing. It still shows up in Google.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+1 Ditto. It vaporized.

I was preparing a reply and then this place did a freeze and that was pretty much our show.

What I was going to say is that I was having issues with the planes showing up in FSX and after a bit of tinkering with the model cfg files they appeared. Went thru each model cfg
    and made sure the spelling of the contents of files listed in cfg matched the mdls.

Attachment 3993
    I know this is a beta but I do hope that KBT will add the Squadron numbers to the Navy P3's ie. VP5 (Mad Foxes) lettering as per attached. Check Foodland Catalogue and Foodworks Catalogue.
    Don't know how the JMSDF or Canadians do it or if they do.

Attachment 3994

I was merging the two threads when the forums glitched. looks like they've both gone. Please use this thread to continue the discussion.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I did a quick search on the net for any other discussions about the updated Orion. Nothing NC

Hopefully the KBT folks will notice and repost the missing thread.

Either way, we know the good folks at KBT are finishing up the touches on a masterpiece of flight simulation!

NC

To the Team KBT members, the holes which I saw in the panel dashboard are pointed out in this screen shot:
    Attachment 3995

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Okay, regarding the CTD issues, this was caused by a difference in the name syntax between the interior model file(located in the model folder) and the syntax in model.cfg file for the aliased name/ Example: in the original model folder, the interior model file is titled: P-3éb_FSX_interior.MDL and in each subsequent model folder model.cfg file, the aliased interior file name is P-3‚b_FSX_interior. This difference is causing the models to not display. To fix the issue(to simplify matters), I renamed the interior MDL file(located in the model folder) to: P-3b_FSX_interior.MDL and then opened each subsequent model file's model.cfg and renamed the entry the interior entry to: P-3b_FSX_interior. This cures the models not showing up and CTD issues.

-Continued

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Interesting...

[models]
    normal=P-3C_FSX_clean
    interior=P-3‚b_FSX_interior

Notice the comma. Deleted the comma and in the .MDL showed this...

P-3éb_FSX_interior.MDL

Deleted the e and all is well.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Next item, the effects and engine smoke effects. Not everyone may have the CS C-130 smoke but on the P-3, I use the common F6 smoke effect. I reworked to coordinates and they are roughly in the right place. So for the purpose of making this easy on the P-3 Beta users(and until the full versions are released), I decided to pack a small effects pack that covers the needed freeware effects to get this up and running:
    Attachment 3996

(Edit), the needed coordinates are in a notepad file in the zipfile. Just replace the smoke entries in the aircraft config with these and you're good to go. Enjoy!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is what the F6 type smoke effect looks like:
    Attachment 3997Attachment 3998

That should cover things for now until the KBT folks finish things up. Looks awesome!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There was one picture that KBT posted on the lost thread that I saved concerning the new P3 they made: ( A nugget of helpful info)

Attachment 3999

Interesting...

[models]
    normal=P-3C_FSX_clean
    interior=P-3‚b_FSX_interior

Notice the comma. Deleted the comma and in the .MDL showed this...

P-3éb_FSX_interior.MDL

Deleted the e and all is well.
    Good call Tufun! That's an easier way to clear up the issue! BTW, awesome CP-140 shots!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey Storm... thanks for the smoke effects!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Hey Storm... thanks for the smoke effects!

I hate to tell you this. P-3s don't smoke.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    I hate to tell you this. P-3s don't smoke.
    Oh yes they do! I've seen em smoke worse and less. No idea why some T56's smoke less/more than others.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfvfNP_mPe0

I forgot to mention, to get the smoke on, you'll need to hit the I key.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Correcting Model.cfg files

As I stated in earlier thread #2, I was unable to see any P-3s once selected for flight in FSX. I had to go thru ALL model.cfg files and open them and compare the spelling of the mdl files and make them match which, corrected the "Invisible P-3" issue. If interested, I would like to share the corrections. Just replace all the Model.CFG files with the ones in the zip file.

Attachment 4000

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yp...npss/model.zip

And yes, it includes Tufun's Canadian fix. When you open the zip, you will know what goes where.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Oh yes they do! I've seen em smoke worse and less. No idea why some T56's smoke less/more than others.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfvfNP_mPe0

I forgot to mention, to get the smoke on, you'll need to hit the I key.

Interesting PDF on the T-56 engine and the smoke issue is covered:

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/conten...nhancement.pdf

hey all i happened to copy the first page from KBT to my folder i saved the P3 in...so i can follow the instructions later...and here we go:

P-3C Orion V3 FSX pre-release.
    P-3C Orion pre-release.

Because there is not Readme, I will write a summary .

This is a native FSX model .
    However, it is not compatible with DX10.
    It did not apply the bump mapping .
    VC comes with , but it is a simplified version .

We enrich the exterior model .
    I am creating a P-3C of several kinds.
    Whole new wing and flap .

Paint:
    US NAVY
    JMSDF
    CAF
    I was prepared .

about effects
    Strobe have applied fx_storob_t38, fx_strob_t45, the fx_strob in GMAX.
    These files is required .

Landing and taxi lights have adopted a generic effect , However, 3DLight is already set at Aircraft.cfg.
    Smoke effects are set in the Aircraft.cfg cs130_smoke2.
    These also required .

Please refer to the image below for the switch of the beacon .
    Click image for larger version.

Name: beacon_light_switch.jpg
    Views: 110
    Size: 214.2 KB
    ID: 3972

The P-3 series is scheduled to be subjected to a future upgrade.
    In addition, the derived type of other are scheduled to release.

For Repaint
    This model can be used repainting existing data.
    However, it is necessary to modify a little.

Finished the pre-release a few days later, P-3C model data will be uploaded to AVSIM and Flightsim.com.

Download
    https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=...ArVG2I_0IUZSPk

Thanks Team KBT for building this spectacular FSX Native version of your classic FS9 P-3C!

I have just concluded a fast Beta test and found a serious issue which will cause a crash to desktop for many users which I had the first 2 tries to get it to work in FSX. Upon investigating, I noticed that almost all of the model files for each separate version were aliased(fallback) to the base model folder where the interior VC model file is located but there seems to be an issue with the interior model file's name being different from the interior file fall back name listed in the config entry of each individual model file. For example, the base model folder's VC interior model file name is: P-3éb_FSX_interior and the interior file name listed in each config is: P-3‚b_FSX_interior. To alleviate the problem, I simply renamed the original interior model file to: P-3b_FSX_interior.

In the model folder, the edited config file should look like this:

[models]
    normal=P-3C_FSX_clean
    interior=P-3b_FSX_interior

In each of the subsequent individual model folders the edited config file should look like this:

[models]
    normal=P-3C_usnavy_767_FSX
    interior=..\model\P-3b_FSX_interior

That will cure the CTD issue.

Also of note, there are two small holes in the dashboard brow on the pilots side. It's barely noticeable but I wanted to point it out early.

Again, thanks for sharing this Beta release!

also..im going to ask again about the Aero Union paints and a possible model with the tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    also..im going to ask again about the Aero Union paints and a possible model with the tank?
    That would be cool...never got much into the firebombers-- until this week-- very interesting, I must say. Also, going to the Cal Fire website is interesting-- you can tell where their bases are, and what is at each base (with few exceptions, it's an OV-10 and two S-2Ts).

K

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    I was just going to post the same thing.

I would LOVE an Aero Union version with the tank! If no model with the tank is planned, I would even settle for an AU repaint of one of the other versions!

edit - Actually, the variant they've provided with some kind of a pod/bay under the fuse (I'm not real familiar with P-3 variants so don't know exactly what that is. Sorry...) might even work as a stand in for a fire bomber...

so I suppose this is the happy KBT team!

StormILM, I learned. Thank you.
    Link to the P-3C necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    so I suppose this is the happy KBT team!

From left
    Actress : Saki Aibu
    JMSDF band singer : Yukari Miyake
    Acrobatics pilot ,Eagle driver : Rock Iwasaki (deceased)

Members who have read this thread: 194