P-3 Thread continued... - Page 29
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19212223242526272829

Thread: P-3 Thread continued...

Quote Originally Posted by kbt View Post
    P-3C ORION V3.31 for FSX
    This version corresponds to DX10.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=file%2c.zip
    Is this V3.31 only for those that use DX10? Any appreciable difference over V3.30?

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Is this V3.31 only for those that use DX10? Any appreciable difference over V3.30?
    Looks like a nice DX10 fix. But the VC windows go dark after only a few seconds in the VC. Must be a fix in the config for that.

d

Quote Originally Posted by kbt View Post
    P-3C ORION V3.31 for FSX. This version corresponds to DX10.
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=file%2c.zip
    Thanks! This is very good news! Seems to work perfectly fine! Will do more tests tomorrow and report here, but so far I don't have issues at all, inside and out. どうもありがとう

V3.31 only enabled the display in DX10.
    There is no grade difference.
    In my PC environment, it is normally displayed also by setup of DX9.

Am confused (doesn't take much these days).

On July 1st, a update to KBT's P-3C was posted, version 3.3

then yesterday, July 8, version 3.1 was posted on Flightsim.com.

The previous post by KBT mentions this, but would someone please tell me what is the difference between the two versions? I gather it has something to do with DX10? Thanks, NC

No one has mentioned this that I'm aware of (I haven't read every page), however if you move the airplane into P3D_V2.2 you'll notice that the majority of the VC is "chrome". Many of the VC textures are either 16bit or 256 color, using DXTbmp convert any of those you find related to the VC to 32bit 888 and the VC will look as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Am confused (doesn't take much these days).

On July 1st, a update to KBT's P-3C was posted, version 3.3

then yesterday, July 8, version 3.1 was posted on Flightsim.com.

The previous post by KBT mentions this, but would someone please tell me what is the difference between the two versions? I gather it has something to do with DX10? Thanks, NC

IMHO, I think KBT confused a lot of folks with their version numbers. V3.1 is a non sequitur to V3.30 ; then they say that V3.1 is fix for DXT 10. Well to each his own
    but I don't use DXT 10 so for me V3.1 is academic.

Icon5 Sound pack

Hello Folks,
    What's about a new one for FSXA, this Orion deserve a very good sound pack.
    Have few good ones Folks,
    Yves

Any idea what texture file has the glass on it? It needs correcting in P3D. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Any idea what texture file has the glass on it? It needs correcting in P3D. Thanks
    External canopy = p3_fusel01_t.bmp
    VC glass reflection = refrect.bmp

A huge heartfelt thank you to the KBT team that put all this great care and effort into this project, bring the Mighty Orion to life in FSX (and now P3D).

It is huge that we have models for the Japanese SDF and the German Navy. I wonder if we might see some repaints for the Aussie AP-3C? Or NZ?

Or maybe those operated by any number of other naval air forces, such as Norway, Portugal, Netherlands, Thailand, Korea?

kbt, the model is coming along nicely and I have a very small request, any plans to add a functional APU?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Since VC is improved in the following version so that P-3 may be suited, APU may be added.

Thanks a lot that i now can fly her on DX10.
    Mike

IMHO, I think KBT confused a lot of folks with their version numbers. V3.1 is a non sequitur to V3.30 ; then they say that V3.1 is fix for DXT 10. Well to each his own
    but I don't use DXT 10 so for me V3.1 is academic.

mumbles as i look for my urban dictionary to look up " non sequitur"............sheeesh the work you people make me do.........

It has been quiet for a while on this front.

I'm just wondering if if there are any updates?
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Lockheed P3C V3.2 with latest fixes

I have successfully applied the Aero Union aircraft to the latest P3C Orion V3.2 with latest fixes, but have not been able to get the air stair to deploy or the retardant to drop? I Read the read me with the Aero Union and in the New assign. jpg I can't get the wing switch light to move in the VC. Any suggestions ? Wonderful and best flying aircraft. Seems to fly even better than the new Convair CV240s and C47, which I never thought I would experience under FSX Steam and Freeware aircraft.
    Thank You for great aircraft and any help you may be able to throw my way with the Aero Union aircraft!

P3C V3.2 Orion Aero Star Aero Union Fire Bomber Retardant

I put the Lear Jet 45 APU in the PC3 panel and aircraft.cfg and now the Air Star works. So I am assuming it needs more than battery power to work? By following the Forum steps for genaric retardant drop and replacing the four engine smoke entries with four Retardant Drop entrys in the [smokesystem] and using "i" instead of the wing light toggle switch, I now have 6 seconds of glorious bright red Fire Retardant drop. Again Thank You Guys for the CV240's the new C47, New F7F, New Grumman Mallard Turboprop and the new P3C, I am having fun flying great looking and handling aircraft.

VP-90 only flew the P-3A and P-3B Orion.

When I downloaded this texture I looked up the Bu numbers a book I have that is called "Age of the Orion,The Lockheed P-3 Story" and noticed that P-3 Orion(161002) and P-3 Orion(16300) are both Bu numbers of P-3C Orion's. I have read that VP-90 only flew the P-3A Orions and P-3B Orion's with the TACNAVMOD. Also I can tell that they are P-3C variants because the bu number for the C variants have the first two number digits of "16" while the P-3A bu number first two digits are "14" and the P-3B Orion first two digits in the Bu numbers are "15". If you need help please contact me.

VP-90 Informationhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VP-90)

Quote Originally Posted by VP-64 Condors FSX View Post
    When I downloaded this texture I looked up the Bu numbers a book I have that is called "Age of the Orion,The Lockheed P-3 Story" and noticed that P-3 Orion(161002) and P-3 Orion(16300) are both Bu numbers of P-3C Orion's. I have read that VP-90 only flew the P-3A Orions and P-3B Orion's with the TACNAVMOD. Also I can tell that they are P-3C variants because the bu number for the C variants have the first two number digits of "16" while the P-3A bu number first two digits are "14" and the P-3B Orion first two digits in the Bu numbers are "15". If you need help please contact me.

VP-90 Informationhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VP-90)

I was with VP-90 for a very brief time in late 1976. Was living in Indianapolis, and VP-90 would fly down to Indy's airport and pick up reservists, then bring us back Sunday evening. They had the coolest tail symbol at the time. "Lambert the Sheepish Lion". I have the textures on my drive somewhere. NC

Please share textures with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I was with VP-90 for a very brief time in late 1976. Was living in Indianapolis, and VP-90 would fly down to Indy's airport and pick up reservists, then bring us back Sunday evening. They had the coolest tail symbol at the time. "Lambert the Sheepish Lion". I have the textures on my drive somewhere. NC
    Can you please share the textures with me if you can find them and are the textures compatible with DX10?
    Last edited by VP-64 Condors FSX; May 7th, 2017 at 17:37.

P3C Orion Tacpack

I am adding this here because I tried to contact Hiroaki but he is not accepting PM's and I haven't had a reply to the email I sent to him with the address that is in the README with the P3C V3.31

I would like to make this Tackpack powered like we did the S2F Tracker a few weeks ago. Respectfully want his permission before sharing anything.

Where is the P3B for FSX Dowhload

I have read every page all 29 pages and thoroughly enjoyed every reply and even downloaded some stuff that I did not know. I am currently flying the P3C V3.3 but I was personally involved in 1971 and then in 1989 with the P3 Squadrons VP60 and VP90 at NAS Glenview, Illinois. I was in the control group called OPCON-7V1 after having been in CIC Airwarfare aboard CVA-66 USS AMERICA. Guess they figured that if I could help shoot down Migs I could help sink subs.
    My favorite story though is spending 3 hours in a circle pattern over an Iowa cornfield "searching for hidden subs" actually the pilot was an alumnus of University of Iowa and we listened to their basketball game against their arch-rival but for the life of me I don't remember who the rival was. Then when we returned to NAS Glenview, we landed and instead of being able to go home, we had to wait while they cooled off a hot brake with the propwash.

Anyway, I also would like to have a native P3B which was earlier mentioned kbt did but cannot find it anymore anywhere.

P3B Orion VP-60

I wish that KBT would upload the P3B Native FSX/P3D but until that time I know that this texture works with other models by experimentation. Ignore the weapons pylons on the wings.

I downloaded all the VP-60 photos I could find of the P3s that I have fond memories of at NAS Glenview. I also found scenery for NAS Glenview and 1970's Chicago O'Hare and Chicago Midway but haven't uploaded it to FSX yet so we are at NAS Whidbey Island for the photoshoot. The first shot is of the real aircraft photo I used for reference and the next 3 are shots of the texture I created over the past couple days. Notice the green deicer boots which is unique to this aircraft only. All the other photos the deicer boots are gray not even black. I found that interesting as a modeler/repainter. Hoping that KBT will read here again and post the P3B into the SOH Library. I will be sharing my repaint texture there maybe tomorrow. Gotta do 4th stuff with family in a few moments.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image_180704_145333.jpg   vp60p3_02_21dec2010.jpg   Image_180704_145428.jpg   Image_180704_145444.jpg  

DX10 Only?

I am using it perfectly in FSX Acceleration Box DX9 without any problems FPS or any other problems. In fact the last post here i just finished a new texture for it.

Members who have read this thread: 194