Milviz F-4E Phantom II - Page 21
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-4E Phantom II

No news yet on the next release? Haven't received any mail yet...

Haha. Is it the final release?
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Heaven forbid lol. Lots of exciting things happening that we are just making sure we get right.
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    Heaven forbid lol. Lots of exciting things happening that we are just making sure we get right.
    Exciting things??? I have my tac pac installed!!!

Dumonceau

Hello!

Colin has said that Tacpack will NOT be released in the initial product nor will it be a free upgrade.

Please be aware that we are working hard on this one but cannot make any promises about deliveries on either beta's or final products. It is ready when it is ready (so sayeth the boss!)

Kat

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.
    I fly the Milviz Phantom in beta2 and it is great!!! A must for any Phantom fan! Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post
    Updated textures...

NAVY repaints when will be available?

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post

Zsolt
    I have enough green cammo ! Could really use some more Navy / Marine paints !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post

Zsolt
    Likely because they are part of the naval model(s) release, which to my knowledge, is still under development.

I'm guessing here, but likely due largely to TacPac, something only a fraction of the relevant sim population even cares about, or would "demand" as part of the initial release .... ... because they've said the exterior model is finished, an E VC is swappable ... Instead, those of us making clear business case for more models with shared VCs, and staging so that modules like TacPac can be added incrementally - get pilloried and ridiculed for making so-called "demands". Well, it ain't me "demanding" TacPac, and the attendant nightmare of development that it requires, that's for sure ...

Component-based software development, folks ... win, win - there's no virtue in doing it harder than it needs to be ...

dl

You're absolutely right DL....I suspect that for most of us, this ain't a damned arcade game.

Kent

Blog Entries
    Just to stay positive, though, the E screens shown are lovely - there's not doubt the model is well done, and I'll be buying it once the naval models are released.

dl

@delta_lima not sure if you missed the announcement but there is a S VC in dev for the navy variant.
    -JB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    @delta_lima not sure if you missed the announcement but there is a S VC in dev for the navy variant.
    Missed that. Thanks. So does that mean the navy variant planned is the S? I thought there was a J in the mix - maybe I'm wrong there ...

dl

The J and S are the same externally if I recall correctly....The S was chosen because there was more info on it for the flight model than the J I think.
    -JB

Hi,

Included with the release of the F-4E, the J external will be included.

As a separate product, the S is being done.

The S was chosen because it was more prevalent than the J. It was not exactly the same externally but close.

Work has begun on the paint for the VC.

Thank you.

Kat

Blog Entries
    OK - now I think I get it.

Release 1 = E Full + J exterior only.

Release 2 = S Full

That's cool.

Not sure where the notion that the S was more prevalent comes - 500 odd Js were produced, vs 200 odd Ss converted from Js. The S was also in service for less time the J. Anyway - no matter. I can appreciate that the much newer S would have more available data. They key repainting (and selling) wise will be a naval model without the S's slime lights - that's where I'm predicting the overwhelming bulk of the USN/USMC repaint interest will be, and the J external will provide that. Flying the J with the E VC is an acceptable tradeoff.

dl

The J/S were, as far as we're concerned, pretty much the same plane with minor differences.

Either way, it's the one we're doing.

Thank you.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Mumbower View Post
    I fly the Milviz Phantom in beta2 and it is great!!! A must for any Phantom fan! Lee
    Yes, it is a fantastic plane. She really feels like a heavy Cold War plane before the coming of fly-by-wire. A handful, at least for me (after having made only a few flights).<o></o>

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    The J/S were, as far as we're concerned, pretty much the same plane with minor differences.

So long as the J as no slime lights and non-slat wings, and the S has slime lights and wing slats ... there are other differences in terms of ECM blisters, etc ... I trust those are known ...

They J was the major "model" - the S was a refurbished J with a few service life extensions enabling them to last long enough for the F-14s and F/A-18s to be delivered to the USN and USMC respectively.

Looking forward to them, that's for sure ...

dl

SOH-CM-2021
    I'm just back from a holiday in Kefalonia. The Hellenic Air Force assaulted our ear drums daily with their very noisy Phantoms. Sometimes low down over the sea, and sometimes very high above us. I'm not complaining, in fact I used to look forward to seeing them. Not something we can see in the UK these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post

Either way, it's the one we're doing.

Thank you.
    "S" and/or "J"?

To quote an Australian seagull - "MINE!"
    We'll be able to use the "S" VC with the "J" external.

Dave
    Last edited by dhazelgrove; October 3rd, 2014 at 06:06.

Quote Originally Posted by 511Flyer View Post
    I'm just back from a holiday in Kefalonia. The Hellenic Air Force assaulted our ear drums daily with their very noisy Phantoms. Sometimes low down over the sea, and sometimes very high above us. I'm not complaining, in fact I used to look forward to seeing them. Not something we can see in the UK these days.

One of the benefits of vacations on the Greek islands!

Kefalonia is close to the remaining Phantoms' lair, Andravida AB. This is also home to what is called "Weapons and Tactics School" something like the Hellenic Top Gun where the best of each squadron are trained in dissimilar ACM.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Likely because they are part of the naval model(s) release, which to my knowledge, is still under development.

I'm guessing here, but likely due largely to TacPac, something only a fraction of the relevant sim population even cares about, or would "demand" as part of the initial release .... ... because they've said the exterior model is finished, an E VC is swappable ... Instead, those of us making clear business case for more models with shared VCs, and staging so that modules like TacPac can be added incrementally - get pilloried and ridiculed for making so-called "demands". Well, it ain't me "demanding" TacPac, and the attendant nightmare of development that it requires, that's for sure ...

Component-based software development, folks ... win, win - there's no virtue in doing it harder than it needs to be ...

dl

Agree 100%

Actually....of recent it is a required thing in order to change load outs for some new planes and has turned me away from buying those items. I'm not in FSX to mame and kill...I'm in it to fly and have fun. Varied load outs are nice to have and being stuck with one loadout because we don't own TACPAC kinda sucks.

While it's easy to advise Milviz on what they need to do to make sales, your average person here doesn't have access to all of the data. As well as having done market analysis, Milviz is putting a lot of effort into the F-4 to make it as real as possible. They have many people working on it, and they're pretty much swamped. Every request for something more than what Milviz initially stated in the F-4E announcement, adds a lot of extra work to the project. Milviz has indeed responded to many additional requests, and the workload in the project has gone to an extreme level. They're jumping through their butts over there trying to get it real.

Members who have read this thread: 86