scenery........

Thread: scenery........

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country

scenery........

I've got my scenery sliders on "very dense" and it's still "very blah"...........
    any suggestions, or is everyone waiting on the update ??
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Hey LD,

The stock scenery isn't ever going to compare with ORBX. Lockheed have already stated they aren't concerned about the details of their scenery or aircraft, but about the fluidity, performance, and stability of their sim platform, to make it the best platform for addons.

So, maxing out the ground resolution, maxing out special effects scenery things, etc, will only make what it has max out in numbers and resolution. You would need to install addons to change things like ground terrain, etc.

I wonder when the 2.1 is coming out??? Its been quite a while.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Lucky Dog, What Bill says is absolutely true. They stayed with the original FSX scenery even with the Prepar3D version 2. Heck in my area there isn't even a Sacramento River. It is a tiny black line just like what came out of the FSX box. Ultimate Terrain and GEX fixed that originally. Now FTX is coming on line with some really great updated stuff so check that out.

Bill, the Lockheed Martin Prepar3D forum has updated again this morning with the issue list. They are still pushing for the patch to come out by the end of January. Read the details HERE!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 22