Saitek X-55 Rhino

Thread: Saitek X-55 Rhino

Hybrid View

Saitek X-55 Rhino

Anyone check out the Saitek X-55 Rhino?I have the X52 Pro but might need a new system later.
    Mike G.
    Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler with Triple Monitors

Wow, this first peek is mighty interesting.

Have been flying their X-65 HOTAS for 2 years now. It's been a love/hate relationship at times though after updating drivers after their combat pedals stopped playing nice with the '65 it's been great for some time now. Smooth, sensitive control.

This new stick & throttle should grab a lot of the Warthog biz from the looks of it. Much better price as well, as in less than half the Thrustmaster's $ tag.

Thanks, uniform7.
    Last edited by boxcar; March 1st, 2014 at 05:27.

​.

That does look very interesting, good price too as long as they don't pull the old $200 = £200 trick.
    Glad to see they've done away with the delicate linking cable, the biggest weakness on the X52 IMO.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

I pre-ordered mine which should be here the first week of April. Having spoken with one of the Saitek folks who helped developed the X-55, this person owns a HOTAS Warthog which was used for comparison testing. Few would argue against the Warthog being a very good stick but it is priced a bit above what most are willing to spend and that's a target that Saitek engineers worked very hard to bridge with the X-55. The honest assessment I got was that there are benefits and tradeoffs in both HOTAS systems. The X-55's throttle and expandable systems seem to have a clear advantage over the Warthog throttle but the Warthog's stick is solid and hard to beat in terms of feel and accuracy wise. The X-55 at first glance seems less sturdy than the Warthog's but the Hall Sensors on the X-55 are of the same quality as the Warthog's stick. The tech I spoke with told me the feel if the X-55 is very comparable to the Warthog's and of course fully adjustable on weight/pressure(which is an advantage). Also of note, there may be future plug & play stick head replacements for the X-55 to tailor the setup for user needs. I'm looking forward to getting mine as my 8 year old X52 is at the end of it's service life but still hanging in there. It's been a good one!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What is the price?

Members who have read this thread: 88