Revisiting the Cloud 9 Phantom porting issue.. - Page 24
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 141617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Revisiting the Cloud 9 Phantom porting issue..

When this midel was payware, now where can be find it?
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.

Phantom

Thanks, I now have landing dust, or smoke. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by mirage3 View Post
    When this midel was payware, now where can be find it?
    I'm pretty sure it is still payware. Try this page...

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cloud9.html

Payware but completely unsupported, and FS9, not FSX.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Payware but completely unsupported, and FS9, not FSX.
    We've been very lucky that someone has taken an interest, and has the necessary skill sets to help with this.

I wonder if there could be interest in porting the Virtavia TSR2.....
    Now there's a challenge.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    We've been very lucky that someone has taken an interest, and has the necessary skill sets to help with this.

I wonder if there could be interest in porting the Virtavia TSR2.....
    Now there's a challenge.

Dave
    I agree. There is one on the Alphasim/Virtavia freeware page but I think it is FS2002 vintage. Not sure what Phil did with the newer one (if there was a newer one -- if so it's not freeware yet) but I'm sure there is a reason it isn't listed. I recall AndyG43 did some repaints for it.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I agree. There is one on the Alphasim/Virtavia freeware page but I think it is FS2002 vintage. Not sure what Phil did with the newer one (if there was a newer one -- if so it's not freeware yet) but I'm sure there is a reason it isn't listed. I recall AndyG43 did some repaints for it.
    The payware version is quoted now under the 'Virtavia' banner.
    There are five repaint packs for it here in the library.

Dave

SOH-CM-2023

Milviz Phantom

Purchased the Milviz Phantom a few days ago, the port over Cloud 9 way better to me in looks. The paint sharper in Cloud 9, pilots move and shape of Phantom better in the Cloud 9. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Mumbower View Post
    Purchased the Milviz Phantom a few days ago, the port over Cloud 9 way better to me in looks. The paint sharper in Cloud 9, pilots move and shape of Phantom better in the Cloud 9. Lee

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

SOH-CM-2023

Phantom

Zsolt,you are a great painter! Lee

Hi!

I have been following this for a while and yesterday I converted the Phantom as the instructions in the conversion package. All Went well and the Phantom flies perfectly in FSX. But I have a minor problem. On some models/textures I am missing the canopy glass. The texture itself is in the correct folder (I have updated them to the new ones since I had non transparent canopies with the originals) but when the Aircraft loads to the preview or in the simulator the glass is missing. I have done some research and the problem occurs in DirectX10 preview mode (with Steve´s DirectX10 fixer) without the preview mode enabled the problem is gone.

I know that this Phantom is a very special installation and getting it to work as it is right now is accomplished by a lot of tweaking by you very talented people over here at Sim-outhouse and running fsx in preview mode is also accomplished by tweaking and other tools so getting it to work perfectly is probably a longshot. But maybe some of you is running the Phantom in preview mode with steve´s fixer without problems if so, maybe you can share some settings or something?
    Best regards
    /Sims

Update: The problem is now fixed. I figured it had to do with loading the textures since some of the models worked fine and I could not find a pattern so I decided to try with a main texture folder and a fallback config in the other texture folders and that solved the problem. Now all variations have the canopy texture loaded and everything works nicely =) Thanks for being my wooden-indian fellow simmers.

/Sims

Hey guys,

Like swimeye - I've been following this thread for awhile and finally got the phantom in my hangar! I just wanted to give a huge thanks to everyone involved in getting this into FSX.

Thank You - Very much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    The payware version is quoted now under the 'Virtavia' banner.
    There are five repaint packs for it here in the library.

Dave
    Right. Found the TSR-2 here: http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store/pr...roductid=18830

Now back to the terribly good looking (still is and going forward) Cloud 9 F-4E.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I think I have an old TSR2 somewhere....once I'm done with the 101 Voodoo panels I might have a go at the panels for it...

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post

ZSolt,

Always love your repaints - Now that's a proper Tyndall Phantom!

Many Thanks and a couple questions

Hello everyone,

Been around "here" a good while but only on this side of the fence for a few weeks and still getting acquainted. Since the C9 F-4 is one of my favorite rides I have just read this thread front to back a couple of times and did the install of the update v101 and had 99.5% success the first time.

Thanks to all involved with this terrific update!

Now for the questions.

1. This is probably something I didn't do correctly (or at all). The canopies, in external views, disappear against the background, whether it is against clouds, trees, buildings or mother earth. I've double and triple checked my install against the directions in the update an can't see a discrepancy. I have installed the 2 included VC textures and the view from the inside the VC is great.

Note: I have created a "texture.shared" folder using the list in the update and I've also converted all of its textures to .dds as well as all the remaining textures in only one texture folder as a test. All the textures that were originally formatted as dxt3 I converted to dxt5, and all the ones originally dxt1 I left as dxt1. I used Image Tool for this conversion process. Is this something to have to just live with or is there a fix that I missed or botched? (see pic below)

2. Fuel load: in the fuel settings menu (AA configured) I only have 1 external fuel tank in the list. There are 2 Aux fuel tanks. The problem is no matter how I try to balance the fuel loads I am way heavy on the starboard side in the air, so much so that it can't be trimmed out, takes a lot of right aileron to hold wings level. Any thoughts on how to correct this?

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Thanks again for all the work that went into this update. It's really good to put on this old pair of jeans again!

Steve

Attachment 11133

Attachment 11131

Attachment 11132
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Steve, the canopy glass vs clouds is a known issue with FS9 models in FSX, nothing afaik can fix that. About the fuel inbalance, please check the [fuel] section in your Aircraft.cfg:

[fuel]
    //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
    ;1807 gall intern + 2x 370 + 1x 600 ext
    fuel_type = 2
    number_of_tank_selectors = 1
    electric_pump = 1
    Center1 = -6.0, 0.0, 0.5, 1163, 22
    LeftMain = -8.5, -6.0, -4.2, 322, 7
    LeftAux = -8.0,-11.3, -6.3, 372, 2 ;ext wing ext tank 370 gall
    RightMain= -8.5, 6.0, -4.2, 322, 7
    RightAux = -8.0, 11.3, -6.3, 372, 2 ;ext wing ext tank 370 gall
    External1 = -10.0, 0.0, -6.5, 602, 2 ;ext belly tank 600 gall
    fuel_dump_rate = 0.009 ;MOD Percent of max quantity per second

As you can see, the wing droptanks are LeftAux & RightAux, make sure the underlined offsets are as above. External1 is the big belly tank. PM me if this does not fix the problem.

cheers, Henk.

Members who have read this thread: 94