Revisiting the Cloud 9 Phantom porting issue..
Page 1 of 26 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Revisiting the Cloud 9 Phantom porting issue..

Revisiting the Cloud 9 Phantom porting issue..

Almost a year ago, I asked the question about whether the C9 Phantom could be successfully ported to FSX?

The answer then was that the aircraft itself will port ok, but not the gauges.

My question now would be, could another aircraft gauges be aliased to the C9 Phantom? I bought the C9

F-4, and really liked the model. It would be nice to get it to work in FSX. NC

Another question along the same lines....C9 products are being sold through another site, so am wondering if I can re-download that package?

I saw someone had merged the freeware IRIS F-15 gauges with the C9 F-4E in FSX and it worked great. The systems wouldn't work though, as their gauges were incompatible with FSX. You will have all the basic flight instruments available though.

Icon26

like these..
    yes im in FSX!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-1-17_13-19-23-422.jpg   2014-1-17_13-13-59-288.jpg   2014-1-17_13-31-35-612.jpg   2014-1-17_13-30-44-616.jpg   thumbnail.jpg  
    MFC-27/migbait

Gosh, I forgot all about that plane..
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

I wonder...

....were you able to get the flaps and BOTH canopies working?

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post

Kent
    Flaps aren't visibly animated at initial setting, but are at full flaps. Canopies are not working.

DANG IT!!!!! I installed my C9 Phantom in FSX and now it won't start. Any suggestions?
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Thanks Chief...that was my exerience with it in FSX too...

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post

Kent

All the flap settings work fine, but there is the issue with the canopy that don't work..!
    I have to say this bird is my favorite at the moment..lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-1-17_13-16-10-22.jpg   2014-1-17_13-28-16-700.jpg   2014-1-17_13-13-59-288.jpg  
    MFC-27/migbait

Something like this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xp94.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	2846

This thing is one of my favourites!

Quote Originally Posted by trowelmaster View Post
    All the flap settings work fine, but there is the issue with the canopy that don't work..!
    I have to say this bird is my favorite at the moment..lol.
    Could you elaborate on what you did to have that HUD in the VC please? I would love to have that one!

Copyright limitations permitting of course!

F-4

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Could you elaborate on what you did to have that HUD in the VC please? I would love to have that one!

The C9 phantom was a gift from a member @ Miramar Flight Club he went by the name Creepy847. Sorry I not sure how he got everything to work, but I remember him saying it took over a year to figure everything out though. He gave me the entire package he built w/3 mods and 14 textures..sweet !
    MFC-27/migbait

Hi Dumonceau,

heres what I did to add the HUD.

1. Find and download the following:

NEW Realistic HUD for the Flight Simulator X Acceleration F/A-18 Hornet
    Version 1.0, November 29, 2009
    Jivko Rusev (jrusev@gmail.com)

2. Now open your panel config file and add the following:

[Window00]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=456,378
    position=4
    visible=1
    ident=MAIN_PANEL
    alpha_blend=0.95
    window_size=0.6,0.65
    window_pos=0.2,0.3
    gauge00=FA18_HUD\FA18_HUD_VC_R!FA18_HUD_VC_R, 150, 0, 178, 178, 4

Note: You are replacing the gauge00=******* with this 'FA18_HUD\FA18_HUD_VC_R!FA18_HUD_VC_R, 150, 0, 178, 178, 4' this allows you to use Shift1 to enable and disable the HUD.
    Note: Everytime you change views from VC to outside you will have to reenable the HUD.

3. Now scroll down to [Vcockpit01]

Now you can see the gauge cmd lines they should look like this.
    gauge32=?????
    gauge33=?????
    gauge34=?????

Under the very last gauge line??= add this line and number it correctly with what you have in your config file.

gauge35=FA18_HUD\FA18_HUD_VC_R!FA18_HUD_VC_R, 150, 0, 178, 178, 4 <---------------------------this is the line your adding as the last entry in [Vcockpit01]

Make sure you backup your panel config file before you edit and make sure you save it after you complete the edits. I cannot send you my files as they are copyright limitations.

The file you need to download will also explain how to install it.

Goodluck,

Creeps

Thanks a million Creepy! I've got the other gauges covered with quite a few other ones (among which the Alphasim F-5E for the radar and such)

Finally a HUD for my Phantom! ;-)

You'd think Cloud 9 would pick up on this demand.

Quote Originally Posted by HansRoaming View Post
    You'd think Cloud 9 would pick up on this demand.
    I don't believe that they exist any more.
    There's certainly been a demand for this aircraft in FSX for years.

Dave

And I was hoping for A2A making one but not any more

There's an early USN/USMC F-4B in the works, I believe.
    The repaint possibilities for that will require us all to have sunglasses installed - with any luck.

F-8 drivers will still say that she's upside-down, of course.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outof_f8 copy.gif 
Views:	198 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	2921

Speaking of which - where's one of these?

Dave

Cloud9 doesn't exist anymore (since many years ago), just the support is available from the team of fsdreamteam.
    It's a pity, beacuse they did fantastic aircrafts for that era!

Quote Originally Posted by cortomalteseit View Post
    Cloud9 doesn't exist anymore (since many years ago), just the support is available from the team of fsdreamteam.
    It's a pity, beacuse they did fantastic aircrafts for that era!
    I concur! Their Zipper for instance was a true gem! Is there any porting support available on their forums?

At one time I was so tempted to reïnstall FS9 just for those two aircraft... But reïnstalling FS and C9 aircraft on a 64 bit system just didn't work for me... I got the trial period every single time...

Why do you want to port the Cloud9 Zipper when you can have a wonderful, fantastic, amazing F-104G or S made from Sim Skunk Works? Their model is thousand times better than the old C9's version! You can read pages of positive impressions in this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by cortomalteseit View Post
    Why do you want to port the Cloud9 Zipper when you can have a wonderful, fantastic, amazing F-104G or S made from Sim Skunk Works? Their model is thousand times better than the old C9's version! You can read pages of positive impressions in this forum!
    Good question! Thing is that I like "get in and get flying" models. I like the SSW models, but they are not get in and fly models. No pun or criticism intended. I'm just no pilot and don't pretend to be one either!

Good question! Thing is that I like "get in and get flying" models. I like the SSW models, but they are not get in and fly models. No pun or criticism intended. I'm just no pilot and don't pretend to be one either!
    The SSW Zipper only takes a couple of minutes to get into the air, once you've done it a few times.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    The SSW Zipper only takes a couple of minutes to get into the air, once you've done it a few times.

Dave
    Agree, it's a fast plane to get off the blocks and into the air, makes sense as it's a supersonic interceptor for incoming nuclear bombers, you can scramble it fast, get to 40000 in next to no time then look at your fuel guage and start looking for a runway!

Seriously it's not hard to start and get going in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by HansRoaming View Post
    Agree, it's a fast plane to get off the blocks and into the air, makes sense as it's a supersonic interceptor for incoming nuclear bombers, you can scramble it fast, get to 40000 in next to no time then look at your fuel guage and start looking for a runway!

Seriously it's not hard to start and get going in the air.
    No - that's the Lightning!

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 97