Revisiting the Cloud 9 Phantom porting issue.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Revisiting the Cloud 9 Phantom porting issue..

I coded a fix for a couple of annoying portover issues, this should give you the animations/parts which were invisible in FSX:

- Parking stuff: Click the new "P" icon to show/hide chocks, covers, safety pins and ladder.
    - Canopy open/close: Click the new "C" icon or use Exit1 key (Shift-E).
    - Jettison Stores : Click the new "J" icon.
    - Dragchute : Throttle to idle, then hit the thrust reverser key (F2) to deploy the chute, throttle up to drop it.
    - Tail light : The ugly gap is now covered.
    - Auto slats controller: Drops the slats as AoA increases (works at speeds above 240 kias). Below 240 kias, set flaps/slats for takeoff/landing with the Full Flaps key (F8).

The gauge and instructions are in the attachment - see the readme file.
    BTW: Scenery is RAF Bentwaters from the Airfield Construction Group - FSX Twin Bases.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C9_F4_XFix1.jpg   C9_F4_XFix2.jpg   C9_F4_XFix3.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hschuit; April 24th, 2014 at 06:04.

Oh WOW!!! Thanks Henk!!!

I wish I had this. It's still a beautiful model.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Great job, Henk! I took off from NAS Fallon, and did some T & Gs. Absolutely beautiful! Love being able to use the drag chute again. Everything works so much better now. The sound of the J79s was fantastic, eh? That unmistakable scream! NC

thank you!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	527aaa_zpsfefee0fc.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	7302

Kinda wish there was a comprehensive package for porting over the C9 F4 to FSX.

I have it for FS9 and the last time I tried to bring it over to FSX, I encountered all kinds of issues so I gave up. I later found the earlier threads detailing the fixes including replacing the gauges - but I haven't searched if I have the right gauge files or not, or if I have to download more freeware to get where I need to go. Was there an issue with the VC glass - I can't remember.

The screenshots of the portover look great, and I really miss a good F4 for FSX. Maybe when the dust settles, someone can post a summary of all the fixes and perhaps even the gauge files used as a downloadable file?? Just wishful thinking.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

WarHorse47, while I agree about the C9 Rhino and miss one of my great FS9 models in FSX, you are tracking the Milviz version in work as well?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    WarHorse47, while I agree about the C9 Rhino and miss one of my great FS9 models in FSX, you are tracking the Milviz version in work as well?
    One of my favorite things in life is watching paint dry. Just kidding.

Newer products seem to take forever. Yes, I'm watching the progress on the Milviz version. But while I wait it doesn't hurt to revisit the Cloud 9 Phantom for FSX.
    -- WH

There is a difference between the two planes. Milviz has stated that they are doing an "early" variant of the E. The Cloud9 variant, while dated and a bit of an FPS plane.....is more correct for late paints such as ANG and AFRES units. I will most likely buy the Milviz jet.......if I ever get a new password which still hasn't happened yet. Been wanting the Mirage but not likely coming my way anytime soon either.

Until the Milviz jet is out......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	527aa.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	7340

I remember that there was an FS9 repaint available for this gem of an aircraft in the special camo of the unit Falcon409 served in.

Does anyone have that paint?

Looks like I'm going to have to replace all the Cloud9 gauges to get this to run for me.
    It'll be a simplified panel suite.

I'm going to enjoy this.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Looks like I'm going to have to replace all the Cloud9 gauges to get this to run for me.
    It'll be a simplified panel suite.

I'm going to enjoy this.

Dave
    Dave,

After you're done with the panel modifications, would you mind sharing your panel.cfg and telling us what gauges you used? I've got most gauges working, but not nearly as many in the original model, and I'm always interested in improving this model (with a working hud for instance)

Dumonceau

Working on more code to get VC levers/switches working (it is now possible to do a manual engine start from the VC). Also replaced the most essential VC gauges:
    Thinking of putting it all in a package for the library.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C9_F4_Pit1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    I wish I had this. It's still a beautiful model.

-Jeff
    Jeff,

This model is still available: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cloud9.html

Dumonceau

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Working on more code to get VC levers/switches working (it is now possible to do a manual engine start from the VC). Also replaced the most essential VC gauges:
    Thinking of putting it all in a package for the library.
    Now that would be AWESOME!!!

I have a portover package beta version ready now, PM me if you are interested. The ZIP file is less than 2MB, it includes a new panel (VC only), updated FDE and instructions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C9_F4_20140427.jpg  
    Last edited by hschuit; April 27th, 2014 at 10:01.

PM sent!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    PM sent!
    me too, please

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Jeff,

This model is still available: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cloud9.html

Dumonceau
    This link is for those that bought the basic FS9 version yes?

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    I have a portover package beta version ready now, PM me if you are interested. The ZIP file is less than 2MB, it includes a new panel (VC only), updated FDE and instructions.
    Does the beta package have the updated VC gauges you were working on?? PM Sent.

Thanks for working on this.
    -- WH

Yes, the new panel folder includes the essential gauges for the VC + the code to enable animations/several VC switches. I also added a couple of popups with a switch panel to select ao Cold & Dark / Ready to Start states, a generic GPS, autopilot and radiostack.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Does the beta package have the updated VC gauges you were working on?? PM Sent.

Thanks for working on this.

I've got the usual fogged glass issue from the VC.
    Ugh!!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    I've got the usual fogged glass issue from the VC.
    Ugh!!

Dave
    Are you on DX10 or P3D? I do not see this issue with FSX/Acc - DX9. There are 2 textures which map to the VC glass: C9F4vc7.bmp and C9F4vc8.bmp. Maybe darkening their alpha channel might help?
    Last edited by hschuit; April 28th, 2014 at 01:37.

Thanks for your work, Henk, well done so far!

At this time I have same problem as dhazelgrove:
    - I can't see throught glass of the VC, all grey-fogged.

I'm using FSX+Acc, DX9, Win7

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

I had the milky canopies also, so I darkened the alphas just enough to show some reflections. Some of the other repaints had no alphas... no reflections on the canopy. I will upload a video in a few hours.

Try these textures...

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Members who have read this thread: 95