Revisiting the Cloud 9 Phantom porting issue.. - Page 25
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1517181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Revisiting the Cloud 9 Phantom porting issue..

Thanks very much, Henk, for that post haste response!!

Will look into the fuel settings and let you know what happens.

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Henk, here's what I found.

It apparently was the "comma spacing" issue mentioned back in the thread that had to do (in that conversation) with the AB effect being inverted.

AS FOUND in the aircraft.cfg

LeftAux = -8.0,-11.3, -6.3, 372, 2
    ....................^no space between the comma and the minus

AS LEFT in the aircraft.cfg

LeftAux = -8.0, -11.3, -6.3, 372,
    .....................^space added here

That fixed the problem!!

Thanks for suggesting the fuel settings in the cfg. I don't know that I would've looked there! Boy am I glad I did read the thread front to back!

Gotta love this place! The help you can get here is incredible.

Thanks again, Henk,
    Steve
    Duckie

Steve, good to see it is solved, really weird that comma thing. Guess I owed you one for the splendid Alphasim Phantom repaints you did a while ago.

cheers, Henk.

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Steve, good to see it is solved, really weird that comma thing.
    Agreed, and the fact that it doesn't affect every system the same!

Guess I owed you one for the splendid Alphasim Phantom repaints you did a while ago.

cheers, Henk.
    Owed! Sharing is a good thing!

Steve
    Duckie

What a kick in the pants! Tip of the hat to all involved with this update.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	-2014-aug-9-021.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	11138

Name:	-2014-aug-9-020.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	11139

Name:	-2014-aug-9-018.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	11140
    Duckie

Good to see the old girl still flying ;-)

Best regards
    Dag

Ok all.

I have missed a great deal of what mods were created for the C9 Phantom, since began the thread many moons ago. I saw mention of a afterburner mod, but the link is dead.

Also, I saw mention of a update to modifications, but could not find a link to it.

Can someone please help me sort all of this out? Is there a update with all the mods incorporated? Just was the case with the multiple mods to the FS KBT, (which still confuses me); I am hoping to get the necessary files together for this Phantom.

I tried to stay current, but with all the moving activity from Fort Myers to Pensacola, it became impossible.

Thanks. NC

Chief, check your inbox :
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

I'd like the upgraded mods too, been looking everywhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    I'd like the upgraded mods too, been looking everywhere....
    Are you really sure you looked everywhere? Try a search in the SOH Warbirds Library for keyword = c9_phantom_x_kit_v101.zip
    This is the final release of the portover kit.

Henk, i sayd him for PM! really enjoying your kit! Thanks
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Thank you everyone for the quick response!!! NC

Hi all,

I have the C9 Phantom reinstalled. Such a beautiful aircraft! Really brings back memories of what it was like to work on them, and fly in them (back seat).

Ok, a couple things I noticed.

- Not all of the available paints (in my install, anyway) have the same VC. The IDF Phantom has the popup screen for Cold and Dark, or Ready To Start; but the USN paints do not?

- Although I made sure there are entries in the aircraft.cfg file for the launch bar and arresting cable catch.....only the cable catch works; not the launch bar or the ability to launch, period.

- The acceleration speeds of the USN paints (note: I have only tested IDF and USN models) are way, way too fast. I don't see that with the IDF model.

One of the tweaks, early on, with the C9, was the addition of buttons on the panel to open the canopies, put a ladder by the aircraft. But the ladder and chalks button does nothing.

Anyway, that's what I saw, initially.

Thanks. NC

NC, looks like you have multiple aircraft folders with a mix of old and new aircraft.cfg / .air files and panels:
    - The aircraft folder where your IDF paint is seems to have the new panel -> hence the Ready to Start/Cold&Dark popup.
    - The aircraft folder where your USN paints are still has the old aircraft.cfg / .air file and panel. -> hence no cat launch, excessive engine thrust and the missing Ready to Start/Cold&Dark popup.

You have 2 options:
    1. Put all paints and models in 1 aircraft folder (the one where you have the IDF, see the portover pack readme installation instructions, bullet 2.)
    2. If you want to keep the separate aircraft folders then make sure they all have the new aircraft.cfg mods, the new .air file and (alias to) the new panel folder.

And:
    - The phinal Ready to Start/Cold&Dark popup replaced the older chocks/ladder buttons. Selecting C&D makes the chocks/ladder visible.
    - The canopy popup button is no longer needed, use the canopy lever in the VC or the Exit key.

NC, looks like you have multiple aircraft folders with a mix of old and new aircraft.cfg / .air files and panels:
    - The aircraft folder where your IDF paint is seems to have the new panel -> hence the Ready to Start/Cold&Dark popup.
    - The aircraft folder where your USN paints are still has the old aircraft.cfg / .air file and panel. -> hence no cat launch, excessive engine thrust and the missing Ready to Start/Cold&Dark popup.

You have 2 options:
    1. Put all paints and models in 1 aircraft folder (the one where you have the IDF, see the portover pack readme installation instructions, bullet 2.)
    2. If you want to keep the separate aircraft folders then make sure they all have the new aircraft.cfg mods, the new .air file and (alias to) the new panel folder.

And:
    - The phinal Ready to Start/Cold&Dark popup replaced the older chocks/ladder buttons. Selecting C&D makes the chocks/ladder visible.
    - The canopy popup button is no longer needed, use the canopy lever in the VC or the Exit key.
    Quoting Henk, by me functions all (cold and dark <-> ready to fly key: Shift+1)

Not noticed something, the IDFAF and the USN cat speed are the same....

Chief, do you was and F4 Rio?
    Amazing....
    Miro

Thanks for the replies again! The quick responses to questions is most appreciated.

Mirage3,

I was an Egress/Environmental Mech with the USN, stationed at Patuxent River Naval Air Test Center, 73-76. At the time, the base had everything that was currently in the USN inventory (and older aircraft as well). I worked on RA-5Cs, F-8s, A-4, TA-4J, F-4B, J , A-7A/B/C/E, T-2, SH -3, and others. Fuel allocations were plentiful then, so pilots assigned to the base would fly often with an empty backseat. Backseat quals were easy enough to complete, and I was fortunate to get several rides in Phantoms, Skyhawks, Buckeyes, Tomcat, and even one ride in a B-25 that was owned by Calspan Corp., on contract with the USNTPS school on the base. NC

Uao! A very nice career....

Did you solved your problems? :beer:
    Miro

NCO's form the REAL backbone of the armed forces. In any country, in any army, all over the world.

OT, I know, but I just had to say that.

Dumonceau

Quote Originally Posted by mirage3 View Post
    Uao! A very nice career....

Did you solved your problems? :beer:
    Am workin' on it. I am sure all will be fixed soon!

As for the beer....I plan to intake (get it?) several this evening..... I crack myself up. NC

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.

Phantom

I love the Cloud 9,but if you love the Cloud 9 Phantom you have to have the Milviz Phantom, They are two of best planes in FSX. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Mumbower View Post
    I love the Cloud 9,but if you love the Cloud 9 Phantom you have to have the Milviz Phantom, They are two of best planes in FSX. Lee
    Wonder if it is or when will it be available....read a lot of comments, new paint schemes, etc etc, canīt find it anywhere even at Milviz....

Wonder if it is or when will it be available....read a lot of comments, new paint schemes, etc etc, canīt find it anywhere even at Milviz....
    You can find the beta version on the Milviz site, under Products - MV F-4E : http://www.milviz.com/fs/item.php?id=F4E

Hello guys,

I discovered this thread recently and today i tried to install the phantom in fsx, but with no luck so far. I have extracted the files with universal extractor but i don't know what to do or where to place the files. Are there instructions available on how to install these files? feeling a bit dumb right now as everyone seems to get the phantom installed.

thanks in advance

Edwin

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Ok all.

I have missed a great deal of what mods were created for the C9 Phantom, since began the thread many moons ago. I saw mention of a afterburner mod, but the link is dead.

Also, I saw mention of a update to modifications, but could not find a link to it.

Can someone please help me sort all of this out? Is there a update with all the mods incorporated? Just was the case with the multiple mods to the FS KBT, (which still confuses me); I am hoping to get the necessary files together for this Phantom.

I tried to stay current, but with all the moving activity from Fort Myers to Pensacola, it became impossible.

Thanks. NC

Yes, a readers digest version of whats necessary would be GREAT. I own this aircraft but havent flown it in years beacause of FSX incompatibility

Eric

If you search for "Cloud9" in the library here, you'll find all the instructions you'll need.

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 94