Where is the P3DV2 Exe.xml file located?

Thread: Where is the P3DV2 Exe.xml file located?

Where is the P3DV2 Exe.xml file located?

I am trying to install EZDOK into P3DV2, and need to locate the Exe.xml file. Can't locate it. The FSX Exe.xml file is easy enough to find, and thought the same would be the case

for P3DV2. But not so.

Any ideas?

NC

It is the same for P3D, the EXE.xml should be in the same folder than the Prepar3D.cfg.
    However, the EXE.xml won't exist per default, if I'm not mistaken.
    I believe it's the install program of FSUIPC that creates it.... isn't it ?
    The latest version of FSUIPC search your computer for FSX and P3D. If it finds both, it installs in both Just one download for both sims.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    It is the same for P3D, the EXE.xml should be in the same folder than the Prepar3D.cfg.
    However, the EXE.xml won't exist per default, if I'm not mistaken.
    I believe it's the install program of FSUIPC that creates it.... isn't it ?
    The latest version of FSUIPC search your computer for FSX and P3D. If it finds both, it installs in both Just one download for both sims.
    Ok, now I am REALLY confused.

I no longer have the first P3D installed; only P3DV2.

The only exe.xml file I could find is in the FSX data, etc....

There isn't one for P3DV2. I have FSUIPC, and it is installed automatically into FSX and P3DV2. But still doesn't answer where to find EXE.XML for P3DV2.

I just want to install EZDOK into P3DV2!

FSUIPC adds itself to the dll.xml not the exe.xml

The exe.xml doesn't exist by default but the format for it is identical to the FSX one so its OK to copy your FSX one to P3Dv2, open it in notepad and make sure it only contains the entry for EZDOK though.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

The exe.xml file for Prepar3D should be in this folder:
    x:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

If there is not such a file already there, then use the following to copy/paste into a new Netpad.exe file, then save it to the above folder as "exe.xml"...

You may have to edit the actual path to EZCA.exe depending on how it was installed. For the record, simply installing Easy Camera should automatically create this file or add the entry for you to an existing file!
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
    <SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
      <Descr>Launch</Descr>
      <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
      <Disabled>False</Disabled>
      <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
      <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
        <Disabled>false</Disabled>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
      </Launch.Addon>
    </SimBase.Document>
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

DLL.XML is in Appdata\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepare3D V2\

Ah yes indeed, the installation of FSUIPC will only create the SLL.xml, not the EXE.xml. Sorry for that.

Well, I tried using the Estonia Migration Tool. Did not work, even though their website says it will.

When I boot up P3DV2, I get an error msg on the screen, something about FSX not valid, or something like that, and some numbers. Thankfully, it did not mess up my FSX install of EZDOK.

Also, the Migration Tool apparently installed a EXE.XML file in P3DV2, but whatever the case, as things are now, EZDOK will not work in P3DV2; leastwise the way things are for me currently, it will not.

I put in a trouble ticket with Estonia, but no telling what year they will get back to me. NC

exe.xml should be in the same folder as dll.xml, ie. appdata\roaminng\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V2\

Make sure that you change the path to the folder containing EZDOK.exe

Members +
    Would it not be easier to download the desktop search engine called 'everything' & use it to search for the file? I'm sure that would save a lot of hassels trying to find files.

For that matter, typing the name of the file you are looking for (or even just as much as you can remember) into the "search box" of Windows Explorer will quickly locate all copies of the file you are looking for...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Hi folks,
    I've found that the EMT didn't put info into the exe.xml in v1.4 - and I had to import the exe.xml over from 1.4 to 2.0 to have EZ to work.

Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    For that matter, typing the name of the file you are looking for (or even just as much as you can remember) into the "search box" of Windows Explorer will quickly locate all copies of the file you are looking for...
    True True, but may I suggest a little prezzie for both of you?....http://www.voidtools.com/...Everything!....

Searches EVERYTHING you got in ridiculously quick manner....I use it at least 4 or 5 times a day...probably more....a MUST for any good nerd .

BTW...since Win 10 install...I have lost the use of MY EXE.XML which is, according to "Everything":

M:\Users\Chas\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\exe.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
    <SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
    <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>TrackIr5</Name>
    <Path>M:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\TrackIR5.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSXSERVER</Name>

<Path>M:\opusFsX\FSXSERVER.EXE</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Chas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Everything for BIll.jpg  

Hey Navy Chief....Deja Vu.

I recall you had the same problem last year.

Do Not Use Migration Tool to in stall EzDok.

When you install Ezdok, the .exe file will be created where n4gix has pointed out. EzDok will not be enabled. Follow n4gix's post above to add EzDok lines to the .exe file.

You only use the Migration Tool when you want to add the EzDok camera to the aircraft's .cfg file. When you've finished the additions, close down MT. You don't need it anymore.

Startup P3D; EZDok should enable during the P3D start sequence. When P3D is running, you can access EzDok from the header by pulling down "Addons".

The only time you'll use the Migration Tool is when you want to add the EZ camera file to newly added aircraft. Otherwise, MT stays deactivated.

One aother thing to remember: EZ Global Camera will not work in P3D and there's no work around.

Cheers,
    plug_nickel

This may already be mentioned but the exe.xml in p3d v2 doesn't exist by default. Some software addons will install it but the easiest way to install it is if you have a copy of FSX on your system and copy the FSX exe.xml file to p3d. Then open it in a standard text editor and edit it to eliminate anything that pertains to FSX and is not installed in p3d. If you look at the FSX exe.xml file you will see it is pretty straight forward and easily understandable for editing.

Quote Originally Posted by HeSynergy View Post
    Yes, but even this won't tell you where a file is that DOES NOT EXIST!

The which was the original problem to begin with...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Members who have read this thread: 7