Valdez or Bust -Laying the Trans Alaska Pipelin

Thread: Valdez or Bust -Laying the Trans Alaska Pipelin

Valdez or Bust -Laying the Trans Alaska Pipelin

I'm headed to Valdez, AK and layin' pipe on the way. Before I go much further I need some pilots to check the pipeline so far.
    FSNW_Taps Project.zip contains FSX SP2 Accel only scenery for Part One of the Trans Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS). Part One includes Pump Stations #1 & #2 connected by the pipeline. This scenery requires the editing of your terrain.cfg to display the pipeline. Each pump station has a helopad list in the Go to Airport, ID's are "AP01" & "AP02". NDB's are frequency 890 & 891 respectively.
    Download available to registered members @ www.fsnorthwest.net

MCDesigns
    Very cool, can't wait to check it out!

Charter Member 2015
    Thanks.:woot: Downloading now!! :ernae:
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

harleyman
    That is very cool looking...

Blog Entries
    Heyyyyyy, I like this. My business. Nice pump jack!
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Very nice!

Cant wait to take a helo & test it out!! :ernae:
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Very cool. I spent a lot of time in Valdez, fishing etc. The pipeline also means a lot to me. When I was on Eielson AFB, the pipeline ran right through the base. I remember getting my introduction to the base, my reporting official drove me to it. I remember him telling me about the bars they sat on, and how they were designed to move during earthquakes.

Cheers and thanks for the file!

:woot::woot:

tigisfat
    I heard that the Alaskan pipeline was unused and in a great state of disrepair these days. Is that true?

Ohhhhhhhhhh, now this looks good! :gossip:

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    I heard that the Alaskan pipeline was unused and in a great state of disrepair these days. Is that true?
    Things may have changed, but from my understanding it still worked when I was there. I nearly accepted a job on the north slope doing security on the silly thing.

I think it's still being intensively used. Here's a quote concerning one of its many intermitent stopages from last month's Anchorage Daily News:

"The pipeline has been moving about 750,000 barrels of North Slope crude oil per day through December."
    http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/637209.html

Carey
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]_________________________________________
    EVGA 680i NF68 A1 \ QX6700 @3Ghz \ 2x2 gb OCZ PC2-6400 \ EVGA 8800 GTX 768mb \ TRUE 120 \ X-Fi Xtreme GameBlaster \ WD320, WD250, WD500 \ Gigabyte 570 tower \ ViewSonic 22" \ PC Power & Cooling 750 W \ XP Pro

Yes, they shut it down...now they are using it to deliver Alaskan golden pale beer:ernae:....not...I beleive they still are using it but do have corrosion issues in some of the legs.
    Very nice work, will look forward to this add on
    Jim

Amazingly enough I worked on the construction of the Pipeline for a couple of years, both as Engineer and Geologist, and later as an actual construction worker after the design work was complete. The verticle support members you see holding up the above ground pipe are set in holes up to 50' deep. I personally drilled some 400 of them....

Pipeline still delivers about 10% of the US oil consumption.

T.

Quote Originally Posted by Nils View Post
    Very cool work! Thanks a lot!
    Nice screenies.

An issue has been reported concerning the loss of display of the pipeline at a few spots along the route. I have confirmed that this issue exits and am currently loading up my welder and other tools to make the necessary repairs to the pipeline.

Icon5

Thanks, great job! Looking forward to more pipeline!