This Could Be Very Interesting - AnKor's Shaders - Page 18
Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718192021222324252628 ... LastLast

Thread: This Could Be Very Interesting - AnKor's Shaders

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    For whatever reason the cities textures are missing...

I tried your configoverrides file, but could still not create the same effect.

I also tried making changes in the d3d8.ini file, again without being able to cause anything to happen.
    The only thing I did discover was that cfs3.exe would not run if I disabled the terrain shadow rendering (0). The Low, Medium or High settings were fine (again, with no black texture problems).

Since it only occurs at low viewing angles, perhaps it has something to do with calculating the trig angles in the shader where the systems that have this problem are rounding small numbers to 0.

Andrey, is this calculation done by the CPU or the GPU?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Major,
    I used your config and I still get the dark scenery in the back ground.
    Afther some research the d3d8.dll dated 2016-07-13 seem to be the culprit.
    When I use the one before dated 2016-04-04 everything is fine.
    Hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shot07-21-16-13-10-04.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Since it only occurs at low viewing angles, perhaps it has something to do with calculating the trig angles in the shader where the systems that have this problem are rounding small numbers to 0.

Andrey, is this calculation done by the CPU or the GPU?
    Lower angle causes GPU to choose smaller mipmap as if the texture was further away (and thus blurrier). This is why anisotropic filtering was invented.
    As I said I've seen the issue some time before, but I'm not sure about the cause.

I browsed through the code and found several suspicious leftovers which I removed.
    Can anyone having the issue try this version (only d3d8.dll is included, just install the 0713 version and then overwrite it with this one) and tell me if it helps:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...722.update.zip

Andrey.

Andrey,
    I am happy to report that your last mod of the d3d8.dll file is a success .
    However the details of the aircraft insigna and nose-art are blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    Andrey,
    However the details of the aircraft insigna and nose-art are blurry.
    Forget that; my config.exe was not set properly

I've run the 22 July d3d8.dll through testing with 8 different installs, and they all work fine. The FPS increase versus the one from back in March is still intact, so these should be good to go for everyone until someone finds something else that needs to be resolved.

When things settle down with the SOH server I'll see about uploading this fix to the Library.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

i've an issue with the new Ankor shader which i think it's make AntiAliasing unstable, everytime i try to change value in my configoverride the result makes my AA unstable which become jaggies, at first it works fine but when about 5 seconds flying when i choose to view outside cockpit those AA looks didn't function properly it start to dissapeared and back like there's no AntiAliasing active
    i don't know if this had relation with new shader but i try 2 Nvidia different driver the result always the same

If i didn't change the value in my configoverride then it's all normal, so for now i've left the original texture only to 1024 and the rest sets to 5
    does anyone had the same issue like me?

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    Andrey,
    I am happy to report that your last mod of the d3d8.dll file is a success
    I can confirm this, no more black scenery and the FPS increase indeed has been retained.

Repeating a previous question though, is it normal that when I enable the shaders the trees lose their normal alpha channeling as specified in the scenerysheet01.dds and go for an "everything or nothing" transparency? I guess it is as it's been like that ever since I first tried the shaders.

Ok, good to know that the fix worked.

wiekniera, yes, I've noticed that AA settings are often reset for some reason. Never really investigated it because WOFF doesn't use cfs3config. Maybe I'll look into it.

greycap.raf,
    yes, it is normal. This approach works good for WOFF and solves some rendering issues cause by semi-transparency.
    However I can probably add an option to restore the original alpha blending for trees for those who prefer it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnKor View Post
    wiekniera, yes, I've noticed that AA settings are often reset for some reason. Never really investigated it because WOFF doesn't use cfs3config. Maybe I'll look into it.
    I've found that it might be happen on my XP win install or it's XP driver problem, i've tested with 8.1 it works fine Ankor ! And Big thanks for this new beautiful shader !

The updated package will be available here once the moderators have had a chance to review and activate it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...1&linkid=21670

This adds the revised dll available above to the 13 Jul 16 package posted to the library previously, so if you have both of those merged already you really don't need this.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I've had a crazy couple of weeks, I'll look forward to giving it a shot!

I just noticed an issue which might be effecting some of you. The environment reflections require a certain type of environment map in order to show up in some situations, even though the environment map texture itself is not displayed. Here is one that I have tested and know it works - at least for me. Maybe it will help some of you as well.

It goes in your effects/skybox folder.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Interesting conversation about files with multiple textures starting with post #20.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-Jets-Uploaded
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Me being the technical minded annoyance as I am, I have a new question.

In this image the shaders are turned off, look at the airfields and the river:

In this one everything is the same but the shaders are on:

Thick dark "shadowing" appears to both the airfields and the river. Is this normal, are others seeing the same thing, and what causes it? My logic says that the runways and the river (roads do the same) are layered on top of the other stuff and they somehow gain a shadow too. The real reason is probably something entirely different.

That's the terrain bump mapping feature. It's tuned prey well for with the WOFF scenery, but can look a bit odd in places when using other scenery.

Another question, this time about the sun effect. Is it normal that half the sky is bright white when looking in the direction of the sun, and can it be tuned somehow? I've tried looking in the effect files but nothing stood out as a quick fix. Sure the sun is bright but in real life it's still a bright spot in the sky, not an overwhelming mass of light.

I may have the tweaked suneffect.xml made some years ago by someone who I don't remember. And I have no idea if it's affecting the situation somehow.

I suspect is has mostly to do with the values in suneffect.xml.

There is a setting in d3d8.ini where you can turn the sun glare on or off, you could try that to see how much AnKor's shaders are changing the effect.

There are also some parameters in skybox.fx in the Shaders30 folder that would have an effect on this, but I have not tried to change any of them so I'm not sure which one you would want to change.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Time to bump this back up to prevent it from getting lost.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

This very important thread keeps getting lost so here's a bump again.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Sticky perhaps??

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Hi!

Here is the latest version of shaders as I promised:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...8.20161126.zip

It includes WOFF UE features, but it is not exactly the same build - I've a few minor tweaks and rebuild it with Visual C++ 2015. It might no longer work on WinXP, but I hope nobody really needed it.

This version fully replaces stock cfs3 ground shadows with DX9 ones. However you must turn off shadows in cfs3config or you will see double shadows.
    There are also some performance improvements and bugfixes (among them is a fix for black spots appearing on water at low angles).

The archive doesn't include d3d8.ini and TextureMagic.ini -- you can reuse your existing ones. However there are a couple of new settings supported in d3d8.ini.
    FakeDriverVersion=1
    Will stop cfs3 from asking to rerun cfs3config after each driver update. It will simply report fake driver version 9.0.0.0 Instead of actual driver version.
    AlphaToCoverage=1
    Experimental technique for rendering trees transparency. Works better when multisampling antialiasing is enabled. However it is not tuned well, so might look worse than normal rendering.

Thank you so much for this!

p.s. In comparing these to the ones from late July the FPS has dropped from 82 to 75 in my standard test scenario. It does not seem to be related to the cfs3 configuration setting for shadow rending as I get the same 75 FPS either way it's set. I'm still trying to sort out what the issue may be.
    Last edited by MajorMagee; November 26th, 2016 at 12:53.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Adding AlphaToCoverage=1 to the ini file gets me up to 77 FPS.

This is probably just the way the new DX9 rendering is supposed to work, but based on the WOFF UE comments I sort of expected that the FPS would be going up rather than down.

p.s. A reboot of my computer put things back at 82 FPS with the new shaders, but the July ones are now getting 87!
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.