This Could Be Very Interesting - AnKor's Shaders - Page 7
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: This Could Be Very Interesting - AnKor's Shaders

Unfortunately I don't run any games on win 7, I have those all on a separate drive running on XP. Hopefully any future fixes will include XP. I kept all my games on that OS because some of my older games are not compatible above DX 10.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    CFS3 Rising Sun Expansion
    Okay this works well in XP SP3 Professional
    P-4 /3.066 CPU duel core Asus 512 meg 8400 GTS video card
    2 gig DDR Ram
    Pro Platinum SB sound card

At 1280X 1024 resolution
    45-55 FPS

Virgin Textures no add ins.

Have loaded SweetFX **set as active
    With SweetFX Configurator **active
    Launched from SweetFX Configurator

**Installed**
    D3D8 Self Shadowing Mod 20140325

Thank you Master Ankor
    And there is Much Rejoicing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RS water  001.jpg   RS water  002.jpg   RS water  003.jpg   RS water  004.jpg   RS water  005.jpg  

Lewis,
    Yes to ac shine with XP, just mod the shaders.xml in the main folder as stated, works with XP.

As the shine it too much I saw that MM stated

I've now toned down the Glint by editing the shader file to:
    float sunStrength = mul(arrDirLights[0].vDiffuse.rgb, float3(1,1,1))*0.5
    (instead of the default multiplier of 10 as shown in the picture of the Nieuport)

I've searched for where this is and no luck, can someone tell, ta.

Also I've installed Sweet_FX, and tried Ankors files but with the d3d8.dll the sim black boxes and fails to load. Remove just this dll file, leaving the others and all's well. Have latest DX files, re-set screen res and disabled movie. Re-started pc, but still fails.

Also Pat mentions Ankors 'shaders30' file, that is not in his pack, location? thanks

This is too good to miss!

Cheers

Shessi

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I have a Question, Andy sent me a Shaders file with a set of files, early on in this.
    Andy you will know.
    When i loaded all the new effects for the water, I got a wonderful new water look, in Rising Sun
    This with the original Shaders file in RS running this in XP
    But I lost the shine on the aircraft..

I loaded the new shaders file from Andy, it restored the wonderful shine on the Aircraft, and had the water effects also..
    *** But the water turned Green***
    Screen shots below

What line in a Shaders file controls the Water tint/color??

***If I can change this and return the Beautiful Blue water (like the original shaders in RS)
    And keep the shine on the Aircraft, this will be perfect***

Thanks Andy for you files on this, just getting a understanding of this in a small way as I experiment..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Andy shader 001.jpg   Andy shader 002.jpg   RS water  002.jpg  

I see two things.

1. The color is controlled by cfs3h2o.dds. Open yours up and make sure it's the color you want. There are several different ones floating around so make sure the one you have for RS is blue. Or of course you can experiment by changing the color of the texture to try out new water colors you may like better. Also, run a search for that file name from the main directory and make sure you only have one in there. If you have more than one, one will be used sometimes and sometimes the other will be used.

2. All your screenshots have dark water on the horizon. You need a compatible panoramic_cubic_test.dds to fix this, which MajorMagee has posted - see post #99. As above, make certain there is only one present in any given install.

Hope that helps.

Daniel

I don't see where I ever sent you a different cfs3h2o.dds file and as far as I know that is the only one that will turn the water green.

I looked at my RS install and that file looks blue and the shallow water is in the outline of Korea.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Hi Andy you sent me a shader file, that is all I changed between the two different pictures above..
    Have not touched or changed any water texture .dds files..

I just loaded this into my Rising Sun Advanced install.
    it has the NEW CFS3 Environment v2.0 -Rising Sun.zip installed.
    The RS standard/Virgin install doesn't

It is amazing,
    I have Andy's shader file, and the other installs added FlightFX, SweetFX_config etc.

All that is changed between the RS (virgin) and the RS (advanced) it has the: NEW CFS3 Environment v2.0 -Rising Sun
    this works very well with the Master Ankor changes ..

Pearl harbor Dec 7 41, XP operating system

Going to transfer/import the files from this and try in in my Standard Virgin Rising sun install and see if it becomes a Beautiful as this..

Perfect for me..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RS2 Andy shader 001.jpg   RS2 Andy shader 003.jpg   RS2 Andy shader 004.jpg   RS2 Andy shader 005.jpg  

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Pearl harbor
    too Cool!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rs Pearl New water 001.jpg   Rs Pearl New water 002.jpg   Rs Pearl New water 003.jpg   Rs Pearl New water 004.jpg   Rs Pearl New water 005.jpg   Rs Pearl New water 006.jpg  

If you're feeling brave you can experiment with the seawater.fx file. It can be modified with any text editor. Make a copy of your original, then change the line near the beginning from:

#define BaseOpacity 0.95

to

#define BaseOpacity 0.66

When you look straight down you'll be able to see under the surface and it looks like a shallow coral reef below the surface. If you look at more of an angle the waves and reflections are still there.

The shallow look is not appropriate for the deep water farther out from shore so you probably don't want this all the time, but this effect looks cool inside the harbor, and near the shore.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I've just added Ankor's mod to MAW, and good grief, it's impressive! The light effects inside the cockpit are incredible - I'd never realised the extent to which they were missing.

I have not added any other mods, or touched any of the aircraft, beyond enabling specularity gloss in shaders.xml; this has made the aircraft a bit too shiny, some even far too shiny! And the sea goes very dark on the horizon when you're low down. These are certainly known problems!

Overall - it really is getting there! Huge well deserved thanks to Ankor and Andy and everybody else involved in making CFS3 better!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

It's really all AnKor's genius. gecko and I are just helping to work the bugs out and tune it up.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I hope when all the bugs are sorted you guys will do a definitive upload or sticky for all this impressive stuff.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

How can you add more than one game to the sweetFX and identify them seperatly?

See post #14 on page one for step-by-step instructions and step 6 is where you can select a particular CFS3 install.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

If you want to try out some different wave patterns take a look at these from 2008 again.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...8&linkid=17621
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Thanks Shessi!

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Lewis,
    Yes to ac shine with XP, just mod the shaders.xml in the main folder as stated, works with XP.

As the shine it too much I saw that MM stated

I've now toned down the Glint by editing the shader file to:
    float sunStrength = mul(arrDirLights[0].vDiffuse.rgb, float3(1,1,1))*0.5
    (instead of the default multiplier of 10 as shown in the picture of the Nieuport)

I've searched for where this is and no luck, can someone tell, ta.

Also I've installed Sweet_FX, and tried Ankors files but with the d3d8.dll the sim black boxes and fails to load. Remove just this dll file, leaving the others and all's well. Have latest DX files, re-set screen res and disabled movie. Re-started pc, but still fails.

Also Pat mentions Ankors 'shaders30' file, that is not in his pack, location? thanks

This is too good to miss!

Cheers

Shessi

I finally got a chance to get this installed and all I can say is WOW!!!! This thing makes CFS3 look like a whole new sim. The water and shadows are amazing. Thanks MajorMagee for the updated water files, those work great.

AnKor has done something that I never thought could be done.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Master Ankor, has managed to make a completely new sim for CFS3 with His work.
    Very Grateful
    And there is Much Rejoicing!!

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Back in my Win 7 machine.(Kathy). Yea it is named..LOL!!
    Loaded the files as I did in my XP machine
    I have the beautiful water effects, darker then in Rising Sun, which I like
    No Green in the water dark Blue. but not black.

Also what I was interested in seeing aircraft shine.
    Boy!! do I have shine in Win 7!
    Too much some aircraft it white-out some skins it is so bright.

Never expected to say that about Win 7
    On this p-51 it looks really good, just a bit too bright
    need to adjust the shine level a little lower now..
    Can some one tell me where this setting for aircraft shine is, and where to adjust this. Thanks..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-51 shine 001.jpg   P-51 shine 002.jpg   P-51 shine 003.jpg   P-51 shine 004.jpg   P-51 shine 006.jpg   P-51 shine 009.jpg  

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Yea the Win7 machine has shine!
    On some birds looks really nice.
    On some washes them out , But I am grateful for this improvement in the Win 7 looks with ETO
    Think I have settled on a water color for now tired everything from Light Blue to almost Black.
    Thanks for this wonderful improvement Master Ankor..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ETO Win7 002.jpg   ETO Win7 003.jpg   ETO Win7 004.jpg   ETO Win7 005.jpg   ETO Win7 006.jpg   ETO Win7 007.jpg  

ETO Win7 008.jpg   ETO Win7 009.jpg  

I will work to make the shine and reflections more appropriate. Though I'm still unsure what is the difference between XP and W7 in this regard.
    Right now one of the missing features is support for _s and _r maps. WOFF doesn't use them and thus I haven't programmed them for my dll. However, I'm going to implement then and hopefully put to better use than was possible in original CFS3.

As for water, I will likely do some changes in my shader for the next release. I also want to get rid of panoramic map incompatibilities - some screenshots here clearly display the water becoming black in the distance because of incorrect environment texture.

I can't tell the date for next update, I have made a lot of research for new features, but before implementing them I have to rework some parts of the existing code - after months of rash development it became such a mess that adding more features is getting too complicated.

all i know is on win8

for cfs3-plus added firepower ... plus eto , plus maw

i got all working and is excellent

maw , no issue following the install and copied over form other install

water ...........wow weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeee

thanks to hobbit, major , on technical issues .... and of course the master creator ankor

Quote Originally Posted by AnKor View Post
    I will work to make the shine and reflections more appropriate. Though I'm still unsure what is the difference between XP and W7 in this regard.
    Right now one of the missing features is support for _s and _r maps. WOFF doesn't use them and thus I haven't programmed them for my dll. However, I'm going to implement then and hopefully put to better use than was possible in original CFS3.
    Been thinking about this and dug up another thread for you: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s-in-Windows-7

The pictures are gone but the descriptions may be helpful, and I may still have the pics if you like. To get any specular effects you have to make an edit to the shaders xml which I described in my tutorial. This seems to still use the _s.dds texture, but the base line for the lowest specular values on the texture (black) gets taken from 0 (no shine) to something at least as high as full white on a texture would have given with a stock shaders xml in XP. The specular values in the m3d files seem to be some sort of scaler for the effect, but of course have to be changed individually. So if there was a way to reset whatever the baseline is back to a level where black on a specular texture gives no shine on an unedited stock model, it would fix the issues on the vast majority of the models. A handful would still not shine because the modeler did not give any specular shine at all to any material. Another way would be to get the game to use the specular textures and effects with a stock shaders xml. You are probably way ahead of me here, but I though I'd put it out there just in case.

Er... Forgive me if I'm being thick or something, but from time to time in MAW, and so far all the time in RS, the sea turns out to look like dry land... I'm using only the WOFF shaders30 package, and none of the other bits such as SweetFX or ENB. Any ideas what's gone wrong? Bit beyond me, all this...

Here I am, out at sea. Not very naval. The second one is in the same place, on another flight, and indicates that I have a conflict between my own land texture files and the stock ones, but that shouldn't turn the sea into land!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails out at sea 2.jpg   out at sea.jpg  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR