Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 22
Page 22 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1214151617181920212223242526272829303272 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    I think the time has come to tell you the reason of the long silence on any news about the development of the VVC. Up front, it's pretty bad news so fasten your seatbelts...

I have been holding off to tell you about it because of the chance it wouldn't be needed to tell you about it.... May sound funny but if you read on you'll understand it makes sense.

The situation is that i haven't heard from Hansi anymore since the end of March.... In his last email he added final versions of the MAP and RPM gauges and some coding. He promised that his next work would come much faster but i did not recieve anything from him anymore since then... He also did not respond to the emails i sent him asking about what the reason could be of his silence.

Hansi has been going thru a rough time last year due to family matters but when i contacted him about working with me again on Manfred's amazing DC-3 model he said to be very pleased and happy about it. Like myself he is a true DC-3 lover. He even bought a new computer but he did make it clear that it would probabely take much longer than before for him to send his work to me.

I have worked with Hansi for more then 10 years and never ever did he not respond to my emails. (our first project together dates back to FS2002, a 2D Captain's panel and FE panel for the Constellation which Hansi later upgraded to work with FS9. Both John Howard White and Manfred used the panels for their superb Constellation models. Later on we created the SectionF8 F-86 model for FS9 which features some of Hansi's superb coding which can also be admired in the beautiful DC-2 Uiver model. Hansi was also doing the coding and gauges for the Maam-Sim NAF N3N and FSX version of the TBM/TBF Avenger)

Everyday since the month of May i have been hoping to hear from Hansi, sending me more stuff to add to the VVC and every week/month i got more worried that something might be seriously wrong. At one time i even decided to stop working on the VVC myself because, as you can imagine, without Hansi to do the gauges and coding there simply is no use.

So here we are, gentlemen, no Hansi, no DC-3 VVC..... I simply can't do this on my own. I have no knowledge of gauge programming.

I have a hunge that what's happening with Hansi might be the same as last year, he doesn't even touch his computer anymore.... That's the only reason i can think of him not responding to my emails. Mind you, even now, after so many months not hearing from him i still have hope left that he will turn up again. The best advice i can give you is to do the same.

Extremely sorry to have to bring this bad news to you and i hope you can understand the reason i tried to hold off telling you about it. Even if i heard from Hansi today i wouldn't have told you about it... More than anything i wish that would've been the case...
    sad news,sorry to read this,i hope he is ok..........

is there a way to use the cocpit from the first version of the c47?

or maybee standart gauges for your new vc,it will be a lot better than that basler vc?

thank´s for your work,i hope it get not lost!

cheers
    ralf

That is sad news Jan. It is one of the not so nice things of internet. Years ago I lost contact with Michel Migaud in a similar way, so I think I understand how you must feel.
    When I decided to help Dutchcheeseblend with his Fokker D-XXI project, one of the first things we did was exchange phone numbers and addresses.

I really hope Hansi will surface in the near future.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    I'm afraid, apart from RPM and MAP, *all* of them, Bjoern... And it's not just the coding, Hansi always wants to draw the gauges' faceplates himself. He's very very good at that too ! They would've been all in 3D, with reflective glass covers.
    Aww dang. No time here for doing all of them with gauge faces.

Like Banjoman, I'd like to know how to get the v1 (1940s era) cockpit in the v2 C47. Any suggestions?
    thanks

Why not use the Fs9 DC-3 gauges? It had classic gauges if I remember right?

Or indeed why not use the C-47 v1, which has the default DC-3 cockpit.

As I prefer to fly with the classic cockpit I have both versions installed. The texture layout is slightly different and some small part ore in a different position. But the V2 textures fit on the V1 version without any real problems. The textures for the V1 version might not fit as there is a small change in the nose of the model. The main reason I have the V2 version installed is to simply to test textures.

Cheers,
    Huub

Ok, I didn't realise the v2 skins would work on the v1. Only asked because I thought it better to have the newer release (+ sound pack, skins, flight dynamics etc) - certainly there are more repaints for v2.

. . . and thanks again to you, Manfred for the wonderful C47 - all versions, all models. It is a gem!

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Or indeed why not use the C-47 v1, which has the default DC-3 cockpit.
    because i like the other stuff,wat v1 not have,the endine failture,the sound,the startup.......only not like the basler vc.
    so at moment i did not use this great plane,have wait for the new vc.......but now,i think i must find a way to get the old c47v1 vc work in the c47v2,so is this posible?

thank´s

cheers ralf

How to merge V1 cockpit with V2 exterior

Sorry to hear the sad news. I hope Jan won't mind too much if I post this recipe to merge V1 cockpit with V2 exterior.

The ingredients:
    C-47 Skytrain V2 by Manfred Jahn, Alexander M. Metzger, Hansjoerg Naegele, Ted Wolfgang (here at SOH)
    C-47 Skytrain Interior Model Tweak (with correct wing view) by Manfred Jahn and Marvin Carter: c47_interior.zip @ flightsim

Optional ingredients:
    DC-3 Widescreen 2D Panel by Luiz Alvarenga: ws2d-panel-dc-3.zip @ flightsim
    DC-3 New Virtual Cockpit Textures by Hani Michal: fsx_dc-3_new_vc.zip @ flightsim

The recipe:

In folder "model.C47_1", my model.cfg file looks like this:

Code:
    [models]
    normal=C47R_1
    interior=C47_interior
    For "model.C47_2" replace C47R_1 by C47R_2

My texture.cfg files look like this, adjust as you like ("Clean" instead of "Weathered" for example):

Code:
    [fltsim]
    fallback.1=..\Texture
    fallback.2=..\Texture.Weathered
    fallback.3=..\..\Douglas_DC3\texture
    fallback.4=..\..\..\..\Texture
    fallback.5=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
    In each texture folder, or in the shared "texture" folder, drop your favorite Hani Michal's cockpit textures (Douglas_DC3_1_C.dds & Douglas_DC3_2_C.dds), but keep the fallback.3 to the default DC-3 for the necessary additionnal VC textures (overhead and such).

For the panel, it's basicaly the default DC-3 version (regular 4:3 or Luiz Alvarenga's widescreen 16:9 version). I'm pretty sure all of you have 16:9 or 16:10 monitors, so why live with oval gauges? Luiz widescreen panels are great (he did a very nice 737 too).

For this C-47 v1/v2 mix to work, move to your C-47 panel folder the Douglas_C47.dll and C47.CAB gauge files (from Manfred's C-47 V2), you need also panel.cfg, Douglas_DC3.cab, Panel_Decals_DC3_1.bmp & Panel_Decals_DC3_2.bmp from the default DC-3, and DC3_background.bmp & DC3_background_night.bmp from Luiz's panel, or from default DC-3 if you really insist on keeping the 4:3 panel. Then add these 2 lines in the "Vcockpit01" section of panel.cfg:

Code:
    gauge30=C47!Sim_C47,		0,1,1,1
    gauge31=Douglas_C47!Main,	1,0,1,1
    Not sure what these 2 lines do, but you won't be able to start the C-47 without "C47!Sim_C47". I really don't know if "Douglas_C47!Main" is necessary. My C-47 works better without it.

Adjust eyepoint in aircraft.cfg: eyepoint = -7.0, -1.4, 3.26

Et voilà!

I may have missed something, but with a bit of D.I.Y. you'll sort it out...
    Last edited by vonstroheim; August 29th, 2014 at 18:36.

Thank you, vonstroheim - this is just what I was hoping for. Will try this tonight.

Hi Jan,

That is all sad news. I hope Hansi is OK. And/or his family.
    Did you work forward on the modeling and texturing?
    Then you have to pick up on animation after that. Or ask Tim to work on the gauge and glass textures, if he has time.
    I'm sure when Hansi get's back in toch, the coding for the animation can easily be implemented in short time (relatively speaking.)

Cheers, R
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Thank you vonstroheim for this,but i can´t get it work,my english is to bad.......i think,must live with the plane like it is.

i have try to make all changes,but then i get only errors.

is it posible to upload the fixed files that need as a zip?

cheers
    ralf

so sorry,thank´s to all they work at this plane,........but i can´t live with the basler vc,it is good build,but to modern for this nice plane.
    i try nearly 2 houer every think,i can´t get it work..........very frustating
    as more i try to get that basler vc away,as more i unlike it......

so i hope someone can upload a fix to get that old panel back

cheers ralf

To avoid the error "visual model couldn't be displayed" you need to restart FSX. Check carefully how you wrote model.cfg, double check file names inside model folders, etc... Each time you change something related to the MDL files or model.cfg file, you need to restart the sim...

Sorry can't upload a zip with copyrighted material... And this is only a temporary fix, while waiting for the proper VVC, I'm sure you guys will find a solution! Don't give up yet!

Scenery: Lille-Lesquin (LFQQ) by Jean-Baptiste (pilote-virtuel.com)

Sad, sad news. But, moving on...

Such sad news about Hansi. Best wishes for him, and hopes that the problem turns out to be temporary and frustrating, not permanent and painful.

Tried @vonstroheim's instructions, but I get an "unable to display visual model" error followed by CTD, even after restarts. Like Ralf, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the proper configuration without success, and I'd really like to have a well-used cockpit for our old bird.

Could someone provide step-by-step instructions for those of us among the half of the people in the world that are dumber than the other half?

For starters,
    in folder "model.C47_1", we change interior=C47R_interior to interior=C47_interior, correct? So it reads

Code:
    [models]
    normal=C47R_1
    interior=C47_interior

And "model.C47_2", then, should read:

Code:
    [models]
    normal=C47R_2
    interior=C47_interior

Also, I assume,
    For the panel, it's basically the default DC-3 version...
    refers to the 2D panel and can be ignored if you never use it, yes?

I'm confused by the statement,
    For this C-47 v1/v2 mix to work, move to your C-47 panel folder the Douglas_C47.dll and C47.CAB gauge files (from Manfred's C-47 V2).
    We're working in the C-47 V2 folder aren't we? If so, those files are already there.

Thanks in advance for clarifications anyone can offer, and to
    @vonstroheim for getting us started down the right path.

Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post
    To avoid the error "visual model couldn't be displayed" you need to restart FSX. Check carefully how you wrote model.cfg, double check file names inside model folders, etc... Each time you change something related to the MDL files or model.cfg file, you need to restart the sim...

Sorry can't upload a zip with copyrighted material... And this is only a temporary fix, while waiting for the proper VVC, I'm sure you guys will find a solution! Don't give up yet!

Scenery: Lille-Lesquin (LFQQ) by Jean-Baptiste (pilote-virtuel.com)
    thank´s
    yes i have restart the sim fot every try,can´t get it work,so frustratet

What's inside your model folders? check again and keep trying! You need the proper files with the proper cfg! Yes even me sometimes i get it right only after 20 painful crashes or bugs....

Even if you don't use 2D you need default Dc3 panel and gauge for Vc to work...

What's inside your model folders? check again and keep trying! You need the proper files with the proper cfg! Yes even me sometimes i get it right only after 20 painful crashes or bugs....

Even if you don't use 2D you need default Dc3 panel and gauge for Vc to work...
    in wat model`? v1 or v2?

One of the many good things about this aircraft model is its versatility.

Here are four non-standard cockpits, with due thanks to the many authors represented.

Regards,
    Nick

i give up,check all again..........does not work for me,i uninstall the planes,and put the backup in,very frustratet after 4 over 4houers try and error....

maybee the makers of the plane,please give permision to upload a fix

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    in wat model`? v1 or v2?
    From "default" original FSX Douglas DC3... Sorry I'm leaving town right now... Girlfriend is nagging me... Have to shut down Pc... Bye now...

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post

Here are four non-standard cockpits, with due thanks to the many authors represented.

Regards,
    Nick
    is it posible to get them?

From "default" original FSX Douglas DC3... Sorry I'm leaving town right now... Girlfriend is nagging me... Have to shut down Pc... Bye now...
    wat need to change there?i have only change in v2 as you write.........

Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Fantastic, Nick. Where do we find them, and how do we install them?