Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 43
Page 43 of 75 FirstFirst ... 33353637383940414243444546474849505153 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1863

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

Any time I get offered a flight on anything old as me I am in
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by dharris View Post
    Any time I get offered a flight on anything old as me I am in
    I could not pass up that DC-3 flight, the old Gold Pass deal , heck little expensive but your the same as me .. no way I'm going to miss that

My XO

Speaking of CO's with death wishes...I had an XO like that...he'd always get about 20 mins away from home base and claim that the Directional Radio or the Tacan or the Omni or the...whatever...was not functional and then we'd return and do an AOG!

He just didn't like to fly....but, hey, I got my skins...long trip or not.

jwg

We had a few like that, would take someone else's watch just to miss a flight. I loved flying and could not understand why they would do it. Best of both world's for me, electonics and flying not to mention rotating to Honolulu for a few weeks! Test hops to Christchurch (just to make sure the engines would run for a long flight without a problem!).
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Page 5 was just too much for me to accept- so a small resurrection .

Jan- any morsels for the hungry masses this Memorial Day weekend? As one of the Allies' single greatest assets- the timing is appropriate .

Ta!

C

A while ago i had good hope for a first beta by the end of this month but i'm afraid that's not going to happen. Gauge animations f.i. take up much more time as initially expected. Have to say not only once because of my own stupidity... ( i could tell you some striking examples but then you'd loose all confidence in me. Maybe later once the beta is up and running.. ) It is also true that work on the VVC has been on the back burner for a few weeks due to 'real life' circumstances.

Anyway, back at full throttle to get those pesky needles and levers to behave, cockpit itself is nearly finished, closed up all around with faint reflective glass and moving side and windscreen windows. Radios still to do.

That's all for now,folks. I'll be back with flying colors to trumpet forth the news that the last gauge and lever animation is finished correctly, i can tell you that !

cheers,
    jan

Jan, when it's done it's done. We're still grateful and patient till then!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

im curious if this new cockpit will be added to the plane and a re-download and install will be necissary?...im holding off installing on the new puter for now...thanks

Dave,

You already asked that same question a few weeks ago, and Jan answered in post #1045.

You might want to go a page back and catch up
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Dave,

You already asked that same question a few weeks ago, and Jan answered in post #1045.

You might want to go a page back and catch up

LOL..sorry...i have no recollection of asking...i swear im losing it..but thatnks for the heads up..

Thanks Jan- your efforts are greatly appreciated. Thanks also for the update- also appreciated!

Best- C

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    A while ago i had good hope for a first beta by the end of this month but i'm afraid that's not going to happen. Gauge animations f.i. take up much more time as initially expected. Have to say not only once because of my own stupidity... ( i could tell you some striking examples but then you'd loose all confidence in me. Maybe later once the beta is up and running.. ) It is also true that work on the VVC has been on the back burner for a few weeks due to 'real life' circumstances.

Anyway, back at full throttle to get those pesky needles and levers to behave, cockpit itself is nearly finished, closed up all around with faint reflective glass and moving side and windscreen windows. Radios still to do.

That's all for now,folks. I'll be back with flying colors to trumpet forth the news that the last gauge and lever animation is finished correctly, i can tell you that !

cheers,
    jan

Any news?

CK
    Flying Canada's "Left Coast"

Any news on this fantastic cockpit guys?

Did questions like this ever had any measurable effect on the speed?

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Are-We-There-Yet.jpg  
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Always with the 'SIMPSONS' were would we be without them ...

Just bumping this thread back near the limelight.
    The "classic" DC-3/C-47 is one of my dream planes and I am still looking forward to the next update.

Jan:

Just a bump to the top, and a promise she still keeps me up at night, thinking of what is to be

Best- C

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    A full screen version is here if you like :
    http://sectionf8.com/f86files/mj_dc3...c_wip_full.jpg

Happy to say that after Hansi gone missing the fun is back to try and make something worthwile of this DC-3/C-47 vintage virtual cockpit. I hope the screenshots confirm that.

Until later,
    Jan

If you're defying patience and bump threads, at least don't quote images in posts. I was staring at these two screenshots for way too long trying to figure out whether there was anything new in them or not.

I appreciate the screenshots. Hadn't seen them the first time around. Not everyone reads every post in every thread on this forum.

This is is going to be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    If you're defying patience and bump threads, at least don't quote images in posts. I was staring at these two screenshots for way too long trying to figure out whether there was anything new in them or not.
    ok then, *BUMP*

Bjoern:

Whilst I am fully aware that patience is a virtue, I want Jan to know that his project is in the forefront of my (and I'm sure many others) thoughts. I haven't been able to shake the image of that VC or to stop thinking of it moving beneath me, whilst trundling in over the water into Cox's Bazar on a warm summer's evening after dodging the monsoon squalls. Hence the images.

After all your staring, I'm still certain I have spent more time drooling over them than you did .

Best- Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post

If for no other reason, please show some respect for those who follow the forums on dial-up, limited bandwidth, and/or cellphones/tablets.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Dial-up? Are you serious? Does that still exist?

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    If for no other reason, please show some respect for those who follow the forums on dial-up, limited bandwidth, and/or cellphones/tablets.
    Sorry, but this is a silly argument on its face. No one is ever to quote images? What do cellphones/tablets have to do with anything? I'm browsing on a tablet right now. Are you worried about data rates? It's a forum! You'd have to know nothing about this forum not to expect lots of screenshots! This is the most image heavy forum I visit. And I visit a lot of forums.

I can't believe we're actually arguing that it's bad form to put images in our posts!!

Please, feel free to post as many images as you like of this highly anticipated cockpit!

We're working on it, boys.

Certainly not 24/7 as, hopefully, you may well understand. And certainly lately not as much as i'd want to. F.i. we've been going thru a record breaking heatwave this summer here in Holland. You don't want to be inside a cockpit of a parked vintage airplane with that going on. I'll see if i can find a pot of white paint for the roof, might help a bit should it happen again. Roland Garros and Wimbledon ain't helping much neither. Be glad the Tour the France don't float my boat, endlessly pushing these pedals around day by day makes me tired just by looking at it. Giving 'em a push every once in a while to move a rudder about is fine with me. ( i do love the fact that you get to see half of beautiful France presented from the air though.... )

Some problems to tackle with the gauge needles anims here and there. All switches and levers anims going pretty well sofar. Still the radios to do too. Not nearly finished yet, gents. Hold on to your flying caps. Let's see which will be rolled out first, the PMDG DC-6 or DC-3 with VVC.

FYI, thru the VVC project and this thread a Dakota afficionado from Down Under contacted me. He happens to be working on a Dakota cockpit as well. Not anything digital thru pixel power, mind you, but the real thing. And not only the cockpit but the whole aircraft. And not only as a static example but he is planning to take to the skies with his beloved 'Oklahoma Gal' by the end of this year. And, again, not only that because, if everything works out as planned, he hopes to participate in the 'Dakotas over Normandy' event which will take place at Cherbourg Airport, France, in 2019.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dakotas-over-Normandy/205732752926694

His name is David Kingsshot and he is particularly interested in our VVC project because, next to the full restoration of C-47A Dakota 43-48234 he also acquired the nose section of another C-47 which he plans to setup as an FSX based Dakota simulator at his home airport Caboolture, Queensland, Australia. David has sent me a cargoload of photos of the cockpit and looks forward for him and his Dakota pilots to assist in any way they can to create the most true to life FSX Dakota simulation when it comes to operation, systems simulation and flight dynamics. I am in contact with Alexander Metzger as well and he says he will be delighted to upgrade his already wonderful DC-3/C-47 FDE where needed according to the input of David and his pilots.

A photo of the Dakota simulator nose section:

Here's a video of the first start of the right engine of David's Dak after being at rest for more than 3 years. https://youtu.be/Y6uuGeN2dds

And the left engine : https://youtu.be/bwyJxYg2s5E

Now onwards with the coding and animation. As said before, we'll let you know once that's more or less concluded. We'll have a first beta then which we'll be happy to pass along to some of you. More on that later.

Cheers,
    Jan

Members who have read this thread: 133