Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 42
Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 32343536373839404142434445464748495052 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1863

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

JUMP UP THE ACTION .... that is ROCKING

Quote Originally Posted by dharris View Post
    So long as that is all you are NOT wearing!
    Sorta thinking , now I wonder how much access I have to 'CONNIE'

So long as that is all you are NOT wearing!
    You're going to seriously regret winding Ian up like that! Go get him, Ian :lol: (and hi!)

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    You're going to seriously regret winding Ian up like that! Go get him, Ian :lol: (and hi!)

Adam.
    Hi ya Adam , I'm sure I'm fine with Don, finishing a painting, I'll use my dirty socks for packaging, turn the customs dogs , don't want them damaging artwork.

Criminy that is so sweet!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

In my opinion,This cockpit is way ahead of any top
    payware I have ever seen.This is truly Mind boggling
    in quality.

Regards.

Anthin.

I agree 100%. The DC-3/C-47 and the C-97 are better than the majority of payware out there.
    I'm just drooling over the C-97!!!

CK
    Flying Canada's "Left Coast"

Perhaps it's my neurosis, but I can't stand this thread leaving page 1

Any morsels for us Jan? I am happy to wait.... But I look forward to the periodic drool fests

C

Qué ??!! (i'm from Barcelona..)

I just sent one a week or so ago!!... :
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post946394

You don't care for levers then ??..... Can come in very handy you know..

Closing off the cockpit now, at the back and glass all around (with proper cockpit reflection (don't worry, just a hint) ) and opening/closing side and front/side windows and get good shadowing going. We are deffinately getting somewhere now.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Since i'm here, what about an Easter WIP update. Been working in the hydraulics department for week or two and while doing so finally noticed that the cockpit bulkheads are not where they are supposed to be. Lot of correction work including reworked seats and escape hatch.

Anyway,here's a bunch of levers for us to play around with. Yo! Pump up the jam !

Until later.

cheers,
    jan

Stunning detail Jan !!! Mike

Does it have a removable fire extinguisher cover, with working extinguisher switch underneath
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

ive been wondering,but afraid to ask,will this updated cockpit be a user installed item?..or will it be put in the DC3 package and re-reliesed as a whole package?.....i havent downloaded the DC3 as yet to the new pc,and ill wait until this is done to do so if included in a new or updated ,package.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    i havent downloaded the DC3 as yet to the new pc,and ill wait until this is done to do so if included in a new or updated ,package.
    You're missing out!! Even without this fantastic cockpit, it's an amazing add-on - with dozens of superb liveries out there. Sound is great too! Honestly, this freeware even as it stands is way better than a lot of payware out there.

Adam.

EDIT: Just re-read your post. Sounds like you already have it on your old PC. In that case ... how can you live without it on your new PC?
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Hi ya Adam , I'm sure I'm fine with Don, finishing a painting, I'll use my dirty socks for packaging, turn the customs dogs , don't want them damaging artwork.
    And Don has his paintings and loving them, and by the way Ian, the customs dogs, thought the packaging excellent as well, hard for them to open without being obvious! Ian YOU are a master! Mom says hi, and will let me see her painting after I do the shopping! Thanks Ian!
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

And Don has his paintings and loving them, and by the way Ian, the customs dogs, thought the packaging excellent as well, hard for them to open without being obvious! Ian YOU are a master! Mom says hi, and will let me see her painting after I do the shopping! Thanks Ian!
    Pleased Don , Hi Mom , I went in for another photo mission last Friday, whilst there they mentioned I should return on Monday for extra photo shoot but also come in with my art port folio , I was introduced to an ex- USN Connie navigator .. his primary aircraft was VX-6 'Phoenix', married a NZ girl, retired and now tour guide out at Wigram , he gave the thumbs up on the paintings .. looks like I have extra work.

You have to stay away from Navy officers they are a wiley bunch! Great you are having this contact over there, closest Connie to me is at the Air Force Museum in Dayton Ohio. About a five hour trip, great place to visit, been there many times, http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/ first rate layout of the museum and some really great planes. The Connie is a former Air Force ec121D, http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/fac...eet.asp?id=328 you can sort through 19 photos of her, talking to one of the volunteers, they have display nights and you can go aboard the different aircraft. All the best to the navigator and especially to you, great opprtunity for you. Radar console was my baby
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 110104-F-1234S-114.jpg   110105-F-1234S-100.jpg  
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    Does it have a removable fire extinguisher cover, with working extinguisher switch underneath
    https://youtu.be/AVMRF66_DB0

You really didn't need to ask, Rob, you *know* that !

(photo courtesy by Ian)

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    ive been wondering,but afraid to ask,will this updated cockpit be a user installed item?..or will it be put in the DC3 package and re-reliesed as a whole package?.....i havent downloaded the DC3 as yet to the new pc,and ill wait until this is done to do so if included in a new or updated ,package.
    Sure, Dave, it's going to be a new package with the vintage VC included. Going to take a while still so i'd take Adam's advice and install the current pack on your new rig. No need to uninstall later when the new vintage VC included package is released. They'll happily live together.

cheers,
    jan

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    "You have to stay away from Navy officers they are a wiley bunch!"

I love it as the SOH USCG O6. Will that be the USN Surface Command and or Desk Pusher lol. Sorry the USCG land Locked/Marooned my rear, for my last year of service in a Desert lol.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    That's funny!
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

You have to stay away from Navy officers they are a wiley bunch! Great you are having this contact over there, closest Connie to me is at the Air Force Museum in Dayton Ohio. About a five hour trip, great place to visit, been there many times
    Don, that's the great thing getting to know the bunch, specifically for and exactly what Jan has produced with this DC-3 , almost become an ambassador for the museum and get the added detail for us Dak flyers, "a removable fire extinguisher cover" now that's a first

Looks like you had a real cozy spot , for in the day that would have been a no no to look at or photo.

If you can call 14-15 hour flights cozy, especially when we had a couple of CICO's with just enough knowledge to be dangerous. Two in particular, would want to check the crystals in the radar receiver, and would throw the switch to put a back current across them, you could only do that a couple of times and the crystals would blow. We carried extra but not enough, more than once I had to tell the skipper to turn back to Midway Island, because the radar was down, and could not continue the mission. Idiots were told, but they were always concerned with max ranges on their scope dopes, and would try to blame the equipment. Oh well we survived, you should have tried to adjust the negative and positive power supplies on the cusor boards for the the scope consoles. Had to have both panels off sitting on the floor with a screwdriver in each hand while the second tech or someone else would tell you when sweep was centered, lots of weather up north around the Aletiun Islands bounce at the wrong time, and the screw driver would slip off, and it would set off a couple of rick o sheas back and forth into the gear. Yeah that was a cozy spot!
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD

Don , I would have been happy with just the window seats ... bouncing around doing the ole 'rick o sheas' ... as for the couple of CICO's with just enough knowledge to be dangerous, yip unfortunately they are appear today.

One thing I noticed with the DC-3 , to get the window seat yip that was me .. straight thru like a rocket , but it was funny thing to look out off one ... you had to slide down the seat to peat out, a trip back from Wanaka 2004 , the ole 'rick o sheas' faster than a speeding bullet .. with the chatter of load .... a quiet word mentioned anyone want the jump seat .... in like 'Flash' Wanaka to Wigram ... just dang camera failed .. lack off batteries DOH!