Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 41
Page 41 of 75 FirstFirst ... 31333435363738394041424344454647484951 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1863

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

Normaly don't fly anything like this as am not interested but this may well get me to give this ole girl a shot
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    Hard to wait, as always, but check the gauges, guys... manifold pressure is working but RPM, oil pressure and fuel pressure aren't hooked up yet. No doubt Jan and Mike Cyul are just out of the frame in that first picture, jammed in behind the panel, working with wires 'n stuff... he said, volunteering to hold the toolbox or the pliers or anything else that'd be helpful...
    You're welcome, Alan, you'll find the toolbox in the radio compartiment as well as a parachute and life preserver, can get awfully hazardous up here on these testflights ! Check out the AH and Whiskey Compass here, wrong way around ! And i can't seem to get that ol' AH to behave correctly no matter what i've tried sofar. I called Mike for help, he'll be rushing in asap. We'll hook-up the pressure and temp gauges next. Bring some food and beer will you !?

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    You're welcome, Alan, you'll find the toolbox in the radio compartiment as well as a parachute and life preserver, can get awfully hazardous up here on these testflights ! Check out the AH and Whiskey Compass here, wrong way around ! And i can't seem to get that ol' AH to behave correctly no matter what i've tried sofar. I called Mike for help, he'll be rushing in asap. We'll hook-up the pressure and temp gauges next. Bring some food and beer will you !?

BTW, Exceptional screen shot!!!

Thanks,D ! Gotta love REX

Blog Entries
    Having followed this thread since the beginning when I created the updated paint kit and skins pack, I've watched this project turn into a genuine phenomenon. It is truly uplifting to see so many people put so much energy and love into something to share with their fellow sim enthusiasts.

This cockpit is an inspiration and surely destined to be hailed as a true achievement in flight simulation.

Thank you sir for this Magnum Opus you have created.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Bring some food and beer will you !?
    Cooler packed... On my way...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Amen to that!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Looks like I'll be learning to fly the old school way just so I can enjoy the sensational cockpit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    Looks like I'll be learning to fly the old school way just so I can enjoy the sensational cockpit!!
    I'll seriously be looking forward to a community multiplay , so many superb paints , it is going to be a blast and a half with such an exciting invitingly looking cockpit, when I was helping with the of the 2004 Christchurch airport scenery I lived in the MAAM B-25 ... so I know this is seriously going to knock the socks off ..... come to think on the days releases .... I'm simply not going to wear socks

Having followed this thread since the beginning when I created the updated paint kit and skins pack, I've watched this project turn into a genuine phenomenon. It is truly uplifting to see so many people put so much energy and love into something to share with their fellow sim enthusiasts.

This cockpit is an inspiration and surely destined to be hailed as a true achievement in flight simulation.

+1
    it is fantastic

cheers Ralf

ps;the fantastic Milton D18 cockpit needs also a update like this..................

Check out the AH and Whiskey Compass here, wrong way around ! And i can't seem to get that ol' AH to behave correctly no matter what i've tried sofar. I called Mike for help, he'll be rushing in asap.
    Invert the axis for the animation. Could do the trick.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

is there a download for the beta VC yet the photos look amazing cant wait to use it
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    I'll seriously be looking forward to a community multiplay , so many superb paints , it is going to be a blast and a half with such an exciting invitingly looking cockpit.
    That is a great idea. Count me in, I'll take a day off if I have to, and will be joining in the PH-PBA
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    Invert the axis for the animation. Could do the trick.
    Hoi, Rob. Yes, but that's the easy bit. I can only get just a tiny bit of inclination out of the AH even with keyframes at each 10th on the timer scale (0 - 200). That's the problem... Using Linear Position for vertical axis and Linear Rotation for lateral. Mike is getting back to me about it. I still have Hansi's code for the floating whisky compass, works nicely! Check Giant Food Ad and Harris Teeter Ad. ( ok, reversed atm.. ;-)

Can't remember but did you and Hansi work on 3D gauges for the FSX TBM ? I guess still 2D, right ? ( DC-2 too, right ? ) Could be that it was the first time for both Hansi and me to work on 3D gauges with the N3N.

groeten
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    is there a download for the beta VC yet the photos look amazing cant wait to use it
    Thanks, Cirrus, but the VC model isn't even at alpha stage yet..... working on it though

floating whisky compass, works nicely! ( ok, reversed atm.. ;-)
    Do you mean that it is 180 degrees in error or that it rotates in the wrong direction during a turn?
    In a real aircraft it WILL rotate in the "wrong" direction but will stabilize to the correct reading after the turn ends.
    Please excuse me if you already know this. I responded just in case....
    Regards
    Neal H

Quote Originally Posted by Maj Kong View Post
    Do you mean that it is 180 degrees in error or that it rotates in the wrong direction during a turn?
    In a real aircraft it WILL rotate in the "wrong" direction but will stabilize to the correct reading after the turn ends.
    Please excuse me if you already know this. I responded just in case....
    Regards
    Neal H
    Thanks, Neal ! No, the Whiskey Compass turns in the correct 'wrong' direction alright. As you no doubt know in a RW Whiskey Compass the scale floats in liquid and keeps a more or less horizontal position during a turn of the aircraft, a bit like an Artificial Horizon. This effect has always been missing in our virtual WC until some clever programmer actually added it a year or two ago. I can't remember which model it actually was ( i wonder if somebody knows ??....) and it's not like i couldn't sleep because we had to do with a WC that stayed put with the lateral axis of the aircraft before, but i did think it was a very cool effect and really loved it when Hansi sent me the code to use with the N3N VC.
    There are two ways to start the animation of the movement of the scale along its lateral axis, left side down or left side up. Like this: I'm known to always pick the wrong way first...

It's my first go at 3D gauges and this is one of the easy issues to fix.

cheers,
    jan

I see the participants here (me included) now checking their sim crates for floating whiskey compasses :-)

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Hoi, Rob. Yes, but that's the easy bit. I can only get just a tiny bit of inclination out of the AH even with keyframes at each 10th on the timer scale (0 - 200). That's the problem... Using Linear Position for vertical axis and Linear Rotation for lateral. Mike is getting back to me about it. I still have Hansi's code for the floating whisky compass, works nicely! ( ok, reversed atm.. ;-)

Can't remember but did you and Hansi work on 3D gauges for the FSX TBM ? I guess still 2D, right ? ( DC-2 too, right ? ) Could be that it was the first time for both Hansi and me to work on 3D gauges with the N3N.

groeten
    jan
    Nope, no 2D gauges, all gauges in the DC2 are 3D (4 years have past since the boxed version came out. Time flies!!) 3D gauges also alavilable in the download version ofcourse. We have a 'real' floating ball in the whiskey compass, also in the TBM.
    I will check my source files.

R.
    Last edited by robcap; March 9th, 2015 at 12:55.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Thanks much, Rob ! Got 'em!

I think it's exactly this sort of thing that I appreciate about SOH. Here is a principal reason for the success of the Jahn C-47 project, lauding the work of another brilliant designer, without thought of self promotion. The end result will truly be the collaborative effort of many- working together for the benefit of even more. We- the Sim Pilot community are grateful.

C

Sperry gain knobs

As far as I can tell from the pics the Sperry apparently does not feature all three control surface actualization knobs and their corresponding sensitivity gains. Is the VVC considered to feature them as e.g. Aerosoft's PBY Catalina does?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    I'll seriously be looking forward to a community multiplay , so many superb paints , it is going to be a blast and a half with such an exciting invitingly looking cockpit, when I was helping with the of the 2004 Christchurch airport scenery I lived in the MAAM B-25 ... so I know this is seriously going to knock the socks off ..... come to think on the days releases .... I'm simply not going to wear socks
    So long as that is all you are NOT wearing!
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by paulopp View Post
    As far as I can tell from the pics the Sperry apparently does not feature all three control surface actualization knobs and their corresponding sensitivity gains. Is the VVC considered to feature them as e.g. Aerosoft's PBY Catalina does?
    We will certainly be aiming at that target, Paul, sure. Mind you, all screenshots here only show WIP, the Sperry also needs more work and will get special coding treatment once we get to it.

cheers,
    jan

Since i'm here, what about an Easter WIP update. Been working in the hydraulics department for week or two and while doing so finally noticed that the cockpit bulkheads are not where they are supposed to be. Lot of correction work including reworked seats and escape hatch.

Anyway,here's a bunch of levers for us to play around with. Yo! Pump up the jam !

Until later.

cheers,
    jan