Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 31
Page 31 of 75 FirstFirst ... 21232425262728293031323334353637383941 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

A regular who here at my place, a good mate Greg : aka -Scaber at NZFF did a panorama of this very cockpit http://scaber.org/?page_id=49 ... this is so well done, you can explore the aircraft - this being the VIP transport up 1977 but furnished like this for the 1953 Queen visit

FANTASTIC

Wonderful... simply wonderful!

Absolutely Brilliant.

Anthin

Hello all,
    Long time forum reader and old timer user of our good old flight sim.
    I m not much of a forum writer ( as you can see ) but when i see history in the making i just cant stay quiet and not say thank you.

So thank you very much for all your work in bringing a new art piece to life for all of us.

Wish our VC's were as free flowing as these panoramics in full screen.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

great work

fantastic..................

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    A regular who here at my place, a good mate Greg : aka -Scaber at NZFF did a panorama of this very cockpit http://scaber.org/?page_id=49 ... this is so well done, you can explore the aircraft - this being the VIP transport up 1977 but furnished like this for the 1953 Queen visit
    Outstanding! These panoramas are fascinating. The leather seats looked almost as good as Javis's. Get a load of the warning klaxon two inches from the captain's left ear. Ouch!!

I like the panoramas where you can zoom in on a portion of the panel and read a switch or dope out what instruments are where. A guy I worked with for a short while did an excellent one for a B-17.

One "weathering" detail I noticed our VC developers may want to incorporate perhaps to a lesser extent, is the stretch or sag in the bungee cords that support the whiskey compass. Indicative of a well used aircraft.

Jan-

I am awestruck at the feelings evoked by your photo. I was whisked away to a cramped tilted cockpit, smelling of 100LL and hydraulic fluid, stale coffee and sweat, and with the lingering remembrances of My Mixture 965. I shall thoroughly enjoy my return to Cox's Bazar mate- totally brilliant- you made my Xmas!

Ta!

Carl

Hi guy, cheers and superb effort indeed, we are planning on going back to redo the with some off your very idea's.

It is amazing how simply it is to get the photo , is the shear cost off the program that glues them together and his knowledge, after Greg did the pano I jump and took the photos, this one thing that also struck me was how he could move in such a small area ... I had to be off the aircraft simply not to bump anything, strange as Greg point out the light also affected it, being to bright in places - but the end result is spectacular.

Yes he can also do the zoom onto the specific panel and gauges but in the time frame we have - before the crowds arrive into the Museum we have to close it up and be out hence the reason for multi-pul visits .... lotta fun tho

With what Jan has come up with and Mike doing his Wizard stuff, get it all glued the Manfred and his teams DC-3/C-47 ... Ted's and sound pack CRIKEY

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Hi guy, cheers and superb effort indeed, we are planning on going back to redo the with some off your very idea's.

It is amazing how simply it is to get the photo , is the shear cost off the program that glues them together and his knowledge, after Greg did the pano I jump and took the photos, this one thing that also struck me was how he could move in such a small area ... I had to be off the aircraft simply not to bump anything, strange as Greg point out the light also affected it, being to bright in places - but the end result is spectacular.

Yes he can also do the zoom onto the specific panel and gauges but in the time frame we have - before the crowds arrive into the Museum we have to close it up and be out hence the reason for multi-pul visits .... lotta fun tho

With what Jan has come up with and Mike doing his Wizard stuff, get it all glued the Manfred and his teams DC-3/C-47 ... Ted's and sound pack CRIKEY
    Thanks for sharing my panorama Ian. It might be worth pointing out that this was actually a test shoot to see if the system would work with such a severely sloping flight deck and I was planning to go back and do a more detailed one but so far circumstances have prevented that from occurring. Maybe in the future I will get the chance of another visit.

Can't wait to fly this bird.

Since this is basically a SOH project perhaps you should charge a nominal download fee and donate it to SOH.

5 bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post

Since this is basically a SOH project perhaps you should charge a nominal download fee and donate it to SOH.

5 bucks?
    Great Idea! A bargain at quadruple the price. What do you think Mods and Ickie??

Hi,
    Very bad idea...you don't think at the non $ countries banks charging the change! Perhaps a really donationware but à payware ....hmmm!
    JMC

Blog Entries
    Great updates, Jan et al. Together with a great volume of paints by RVAH-3, it's an amazing project. Thanks for all collaborators' efforts.

DL

Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    5 bucks?
    One for and one against, which is I am sure how it would proceed.
    Please let's not derail this fascinating topic with further debate on this subject but wait for the project to continue
    exactly as its developers want it to.

Regards,
    Nick.

while we wait, I might as well throw in another paintjob....
    work in progress on the first frontier scheme:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by scaber View Post
    Thanks for sharing my panorama Ian. It might be worth pointing out that this was actually a test shoot to see if the system would work with such a severely sloping flight deck and I was planning to go back and do a more detailed one but so far circumstances have prevented that from occurring. Maybe in the future I will get the chance of another visit.
    Still great work, we don't appreciate whats involved specifically in a tight location to get a result like that , a great panorama
    Quote Originally Posted by jankees
    while we wait, I might as well throw in another paintjob....
    work in progress on the first frontier scheme:
    Nice one JK , your typical best

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Wish our VC's were as free flowing as these panoramics in full screen.
    That would be a real cue ... to have every thing operating, maybe the next generation

Frontier is now available: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...rlines-n65276/

I hope you'll like it
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I hope you'll like it
    YES! Many thanks!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Thank you Jan.

Anthin.

Jankees actually, but you're still welcome!

Sorry, JanKees.

Once again thank you.

Anthin.

nice repaint Jankees,

Thanks for your effort.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Members who have read this thread: 133