Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 20
Page 20 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161718192021222324252627283070 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

May be a lot of things worth complaining about. But "BUMP" is really a stretch.

The DC-3 topic deserves a BUMP now and then so that it doesn't get lost.

My opinion of course

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    I don't see the harm
    Neither do I... If and when the dev is annoyed by it, he'll let us know...

The seats in the vintage cockpit are already very old and cracked. I'm afraid if we wait much longer, they'll be totally torn and shot, and the process will have to start all over again.

Blog Entries
    Trying to figure out why a bump would cause some people so much stress...hey I had forgotten about this thread and now I am once again looking forward to the release of this incredible work! YEEEEHAWWWW! Thanks Pat!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Same here. Showing interest in a project must be offensive in some areas of the world. Very peculiar.

Well, count me in as well. I don't "pester" ... just inquire. If I didn't give a fig; I wouldn't bother ... but "bothering" shows I do care!

The "bump" is not being abused and I see no harm being done here.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    The "bump" is not being abused and I see no harm being done here.
    Nor do I, and I, too, am looking forward to this project being finished.

Bumps are truly useful; saves lotsa time hunting for a thread for which you can't remember the title.

Quote Originally Posted by airattackimages View Post
    Same here. Showing interest in a project must be offensive in some areas of the world. Very peculiar.
    I don't consider it fair to remind people, who very much have a life outside of flight simulation, that there's still work to do after real work.
    Sometimes you don't have the time to go on with a project, sometimes you're stuck at a project activity you absolutely hate to do, sometimes you've just invested so much time in a project that you need a change of scenery. If working in a team, the likelihood of any of this occurring multiplies by the number of team members involved.

If an inquiry was about an honest personal interest in the well-being of a long-term internet associate, it's something else. But all I see here is (more or less well) hidden "Want, want, want!" after "Want, want, want!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    I don't consider it fair to remind people, who very much have a life outside of flight simulation, that there's still work to do after real work.
    Sometimes you don't have the time to go on with a project, sometimes you're stuck at a project activity you absolutely hate to do, sometimes you've just invested so much time in a project that you need a change of scenery. If working in a team, the likelihood of any of this occurring multiplies by the number of team members involved.

If an inquiry was about an honest personal interest in the well-being of a long-term internet associate, it's something else. But all I see here is (more or less well) hidden "Want, want, want!" after "Want, want, want!"
    That may be true in some cases Bjoern, but I doubt that Pat, the originator of the bump, had WANT WANT WANT on his mind. But thank you for shedding light on just why a bump may not be appropriate.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

If you want to stay with a thread, it's easy enough to bookmark it, or make it a favourite, or whatever your browser calls them.
    That is what I did, when this thread was un-stickied, at the request of the developer.

MikeW

Blog Entries
    Really, is this not just a lot of fuss over nothing? I don't mind if the thread is constantly resurrected, it keeps the subject "live", but if you don't like it, the answer is simple, don't click on it, and even if you do, it's only wasting a couple of seconds of your life.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    Really, is this not just a lot of fuss over nothing? I don't mind if the thread is constantly resurrected, it keeps the subject "live", but if you don't like it, the answer is simple, don't click on it, and even if you do, it's only wasting a couple of seconds of your life.

Ian
    I'm with you on that, Ian. I also think it's a bit over the top to ascribe this presumably "well hidden" "want want" thing to anyone here. Knee jerk reaction, presumably.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post

Ian
    Well said and I agree.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

No nerds were harmed during the bumping of this thread....well one or two it seems.

Myself I appreciate the bumps, I have only a short time each day to check the forums and the DC3 project so seeing it within reach of my eyes is good for me.

Preparing for a weekend multiplay at NZFF using the DC-3, this paint by Janiek Arp really caught my eye...SUPERB

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    ...this paint by Janiek Arp really caught my eye...SUPERB
    My most-used C-47 paint by far - perfect for nearly anything you might want to carry and nearly any civilian mission you might want to take on, at least in the US and environs. And it fits perfectly with the modern cockpit - a beater but still in use. Am looking forward to trying out some of the vintage paints when Jan's VVC arrives, but for the moment, this is it. Superb indeed!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

[QUOTE=Ian Warren;897859]Preparing for a weekend multiplay at NZFF using the DC-3, this paint by Janiek Arp really caught my eye...SUPERB /QUOTE]

Wow, cool. A multiplayer flight with DC-3/C-47's. It's been quite some time since I did that.

I would love to get back in to that.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

We do flights in the C-47 every Wednesday at msflights.net, it can get quite busy! very popular aircraft, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    We do flights in the C-47 every Wednesday at msflights.net, it can get quite busy! very popular aircraft, that's for sure.
    Wednesday's, hmm. HAve to check out the website to see if the time works for me, and what I need to do to participate.

Btw, awesome screenshot
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    My most-used C-47 paint by far - perfect for nearly anything you might want to carry and nearly any civilian mission you might want to take on, at least in the US and environs. And it fits perfectly with the modern cockpit - a beater but still in use. Am looking forward to trying out some of the vintage paints when Jan's VVC arrives, but for the moment, this is it. Superb indeed!
    So busy with many other thing in scenery , I simply missed this one... it a Gorgeous paint but looking at what I have install in the last few days , CRIKEY !
    manfredc3 Wow, cool. A multiplayer flight with DC-3/C-47's. It's been quite some time since I did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Preparing for a weekend multiplay at NZFF using the DC-3, this paint by Janiek Arp really caught my eye...SUPERB /QUOTE]
    Wow, cool. A multiplayer flight with DC-3/C-47's. It's been quite some time since I did that.

Just a Saturday flight SeanTK organized , your all more than welcome to join in .... not sure where we are flying , could be New Zealand

I had a flight from Hokitika to Christchurch this afternoon in the CP Air Dak acrosst the alps was a real wing ding in the weather running today.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Wednesday's, hmm. HAve to check out the website to see if the time works for me, and what I need to do to participate.

Btw, awesome screenshot
    Thank you! Also as Ian said, NZFF also flies the C-47 in multiplayer, lots of options for different time zones, hope you find a flight suited to your schedule! Multiplayer is loads of fun.