Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 27
Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17192021222324252627282930313233343537 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post

having fun in the mountains (but still wip...)

Oh, that looks magnificent!

Had my pupils dilated once today (by the ophthalmologist) and then I got home, looked at your screenshots and... there they go again...!

Very grateful to you for taking this on and standing by for the final version.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

second flight over the mountains, slowly getting there..

ow, s**t, fog..

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Fog/cloud cover, high mountain peaks, and no radar/TAWS can be a hair raising adventure.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

work progresses, nearly there:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    work progresses, nearly there:

What is the history of this A/C? Did is serve in WWII as Long way home?

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    What is the history of this A/C? Did is serve in WWII as Long way home?
    Fictitious, as near as I can tell, though the serial number applies to a real C-47 that was on the roster during WWII and was eventually transferred to the South Vietnamese Air Force as an electronic warfare bird. I haven't been able to find any reference to the name or to CBI service outside the new comic, so I think that's the author's invention.

-- Saint-Exupery

Just plain beautiful

Jan,

That paint work is beautiful. The reflective shine you got on the surface is very realistic and I am looking forward to seeing it on my C-47 too. Your work is first class.

Good flights, Cal

Long Way home has landed on Ozx.

I hope you'll like her, and if you do, post a few screenies please?

She's magnificent. Many, many thanks for taking her on.

A long way from home here... though close to my home. War Bond tour, maybe?

Apologies for my poor screenshot skills. Still - in P3D 2.4, she's a looker...

EDIT: Needless to say, she's a lot happier once she's been fitted with vonstroheim's and Nick Cooper's interim VVC...

-- Saint-Exupery

is there a classic VC yet for the DC-3 V2?
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    is there a classic VC yet for the DC-3 V2?
    If you mean Jan's, no, not yet. He explains why in post #512 in this thread.

If you want to "roll your own," which some of us have done, you'll find instructions in posts 558, 586, 593 and 597. There are more, but if you go through those four and follow the steps in order, you'll come away with the best vintage VC currently available. Jan's is in a whole different league, but we're going to have to be patient.

Hope this helps!

-- Saint-Exupery

AlanA: Much as I like your repaint, I am as much taken with the mountains she's flying over. What scenery is it?
    Thx.

I guess you mean the mountains I am flying over? Those are the French Alps, by France VFR.

Thanks. I'll have to look into that.

@KellyB - just to set the record straight, the repaint is Jankees', not mine. Credit where it's due!

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    @KellyB - just to set the record straight, the repaint is Jankees', not mine. Credit where it's due!
    Correction duly noted with apologies to Jankees, who kindly answered my question anyway.

I'm on medicare.....

Jan:

Has there been any communication from Hansi? Here's hoping he is well.... the gauges, whilst important and integral to the VVC are secondary.

i (and most others here I'm sure) keep visiting this thread with cautious optimism... Jankees repaints do much to feed the obsession .

Hope all is well with you also!

Best- Carl

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Jan:

Has there been any communication from Hansi? Here's hoping he is well.... the gauges, whilst important and integral to the VVC are secondary.

i (and most others here I'm sure) keep visiting this thread with cautious optimism... Jankees repaints do much to feed the obsession .

Hope all is well with you also!

Best- Carl
    I second this!

Quote Originally Posted by jandmbear View Post
    I second this!
    I third this!

CK
    Flying Canada's "Left Coast"

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Jan:Has there been any communication from Hansi? Here's hoping he is well.... the gauges, whilst important and integral to the VVC are secondary.

Well, you can't fly a DC-3 with a pair of old leather seats and some padding, can you..

Just coincidently, and you have to really believe that, i havegood news to tell: a well known and well respected developer by us all here has stepped forward and very kindly offered his help with the gauge coding and anims for the VVC : Mike Cyul !

Mike already contacted me just about after i had to tell you all about the sad affair of Hansi gone missing but i wanted to wait atleast another month for Hansi to reply to my emails before finally having to come to the conclusion that Hansi seems to have really thrown in the towel as far as developing for FS is concerned, virtual aviation and computers all together. He did that before, due to family matters, but now it seems deffinately final. I still can't believe it and probabely never will but there comes a time one has to take the inevitable for granted and move on. Nothing would please me more to atleast know that he's alright and i keeping hoping that day will come sooner or later.

Personally i have had a lotta problems with my computer this year, starting with "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" and, eventually, ending up with a new computer of which the power supply gave up the ghost after working for 4 hours.... Well, you know, someone once said that bad tidings never travel alone and do i know the truth about that !

Anyway, gents, my new monster machine is running fine now, as are freshly installed FSX and P3D and a while ago i got the VVC back in a freshly installed 3dsMax too ( thank Heaven for external drives ! ) and just recently started working on the gauges which will now be coded by Mike.

So, i'm 110% sure i'm speaking on behalf of all of you here : Welcome aboard, Mike !!

How about that for a spot of good news, éh ?

Mind you, boys, a lot for us to do now but atleast you know work on the VVC is set in motion again. I want to thank you all for your patience and understanding and i'll be back here about the new gauges once i've got something worthwhile to show you.

Until later,
    Jan

That is so cool!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

I'm so excited I almost wet myself. Seriously, I was about to contact you and ask to just send me the panel graphics and I'd dump in stuff from my warehouse of various and sundry gauges and aircraft in an effort to get a superior panel for mine.

Now I can just wait and let you guys finish it up!

OMG. That is absolutely fantastic news. this by itself feels like an early Christmas gift (or do we just categorize it under Black Friday chills?).

Mike, thanks so much for stepping up, and help Jan complete his amazing VVC in which he has already spent so much time and energy.

And of course for us flight simmers that can't wait to get our hands on that panel to upgrade Manfred's outstanding C47/DC-3 (Manfred, no offence meant by using the word "upgrading")
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

That is great news. It's a shame Hansi has gone AWOL, but I know the gauge coding is in good hands. Well done Mike.