Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 18
Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425262868 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    Hi Jan,

Time for a little update, I'm VERY curious!

R.
    I second that.

Trying to be patient. Failing, mostly...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Dangit guys, I got all excited when I saw this thread bumped!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Yeeeeeeeees! Despite current lack of commentary I visit this thread each day (truth be told, sometimes twice) and also was excited to see the bump (but now I'm just adding to the confusion ).

Jan- your adoring fans wait (patiently) in pseudo-silence.... Any more glimpses to stir the soul?

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    I second that. Trying to be patient. Failing, mostly...

Patience is good. Patience is a virtue. Practise you must, my young padawan...

Furthermore i'd like say that, next to P3D v.2, i now have the VVC model working in FSX and P3D v1.4 too. Quite a bumpy road initially but master Lionheart pulled me thru eventually ( thanks again Bill ! ), very happy with that so normal work can continue, aka texturing and animating. Tedious work but has to be done and remember, the devil is in the details.. With great anticipation i am awaiting Hansi's gauge faceplates and coding so i can start filling up the panel with working gauges.

Getting the base VVC model going and showing you some screenshots of it was only the first part. Still a long road ahead so i think it might be wise to ask the moderators to unstick this thread. Once i have all texture work done i'll start a new one with more screenies, news and a 3D model in Sketchfab for you to have a look round. (untextured stuff in Sketchfab doesn't look very interesting)

Practise your patience and all will be well. I'll be back later, don't worry.

Cheers,
    Jan

Blog Entries
    LOL patiently pacing the floor!!!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Pacing the floor is good, losing weight you will..

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post

Patience is good. Patience is a virtue. Practise you must, my young padawan...
    Sad to say, that little green jumpy thing is a pretty good representation of the state of my Zen practice.

No worries, though. I'm bringing it along through a kind of walking meditation - specifically, wearing out a groove between Hay River and Yellowknife in the C-47v2 in Buffalo paint. And truth be told, the current modern VC isn't really much of a hindrance.

So take your time, and I'll look forward to a new, future sticky thread... and to starting the cycle of impatience all over again...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Patience is good.
    Getting the base VVC model going and showing you some screenshots of it was only the first part. Still a long road ahead so i think it might be wise to ask the moderators to unstick this thread.
    Practise your patience and all will be well. I'll be back later, don't worry.

Cheers,
    Jan
    Jan, as per your suggestion, we'll unstick for now. Either start a new thread when ready or ressurect this one.

Best regards,

Roger.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Pacing the floor is good, losing weight you will..
    Jan: It's about your avatar...what is it? Looks something like a TD, for which I have a lust.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Jan, as per your suggestion, we'll unstick for now. Either start a new thread when ready or ressurect this one.

Best regards,

Roger.
    Thanks, Roger ! Will be back when alpha stage is nearing.

Cheers,
    Jan

hopfully this is helps photos from my first visit to eaa 2004!

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by KellyB View Post
    Jan: It's about your avatar...what is it? Looks something like a TD, for which I have a lust.
    Yes, Kelly, the gorgeous face of a MG-TD. Used to be the proud owner of one many years ago and hope to be once again sooner or later. (also because a DC-3 is out of the question. Although it doesn't fly next best thing if you ask me.

cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    hopfully this is helps photos from my first visit to eaa 2004!
    Nice shots, Cirrus ! Must be N34 used by the FAA. ( i know my DC-3 cockpits.. )

cheers,
    Jan

Be thankful that Douglas Aircraft did not use parts from Lucas electrical of England.

aaah, Lucas...the Prince of Darkness!

(spoken as a former BSA and Triumph owner)
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Lucas wiring Replacement Smoke Kit, well worth reading right to the end

http://www3.telus.net/bc_triumph_registry/smoke.htm

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    aaah, Lucas...the Prince of Darkness!

(spoken as a former BSA and Triumph owner)
    I am a former owner of a MGA, MGB, and a couple of mid-60's Triumph 650's.
    I no longer have any electrical or cooling problems, I now drive a Mazda Miata.
    They were great running cars and bikes when they ran right, I would love to go back to the times when I owned them, Back when life was much simpler. Life is too complicated nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyjo View Post
    I am a former owner of a MGA, MGB, and a couple of mid-60's Triumph 650's.

They were great running cars and bikes when they ran right
    When I was a teenager, my cousin had an MGB and a friend of mine had an Austin Healey Sprite. I thought the Bug Eye Sprite was marvelous and huge fun for such a small package. I never owned an English car or bike but my father worked at an English car dealership as a mechanic and at 16 I worked there as new car showroom prep and cleanup. I've driven just about all the ol school English cars including a Jag XKE and a Sunbeam Tiger. The XKE was a beautiful machine and the Tiger was scary! Being innocent but brave, I gassed on the Tiger in second gear at about 30 mph., and not to the floor, I just about had to go home and change my shorts LOL

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Bump. For those trying to find this thread.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Thanks for the Bump....it was me who was looking for this topic.

Two threads in one.

1-Can hardly wait for the vintage DC-3 panel....I fly Manfred's 3 all the time.

2-I was standing at the corner of Robson and Burrard streets in Vancouver last summer.
    Beside me were about six 19-20 year old girls. Up drives an E-Type Jag convertible....BRG
    with tan interior. It STOPPED THEM COLD! There was a car most likely older than their parents
    yet it left them speechless.

Ken
    Flying Canada's "Left Coast"

An E-Type Jaguar would stop anyone... I still think it is one of the most desirable automobiles of all time...

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Quote Originally Posted by alehead View Post
    An E-Type Jaguar would stop anyone... I still think it is one of the most desirable automobiles of all time...

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Until it comes to braking or going around corners in the wet ...............
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Until it comes to braking or going around corners in the wet ...............
    Ahh, the English sports cars. As a late teen out of high school, my second job, in very early 1968, was for an auto radio/stereo installation and repair shop in San Diego. We were a pretty good sized shop, and did new installations on most all makes of cars. Did a lot of dealer work, installing stereos and 8-track systems. Remember those?? One of our biggest customers was British Motors of San Diego, down by MCRD, north side. Our shop was up on Washington street, off 395, now 163, just south of Interstate 8. Those of you who live or grew up in San Diego know the area. We used to go down to the dealership and bring back the cars to install the systems in. Many times we would pick up 2-3 cars at a time. Many times we picked up 2 XKEs. As soon as we were out of sight of the dealership, it was "game on!!" How we managed to keep from damaging any of the cars we worked on, or kept from getting tickets, only the lord knows. I drove everything sold in San Diego County in 1968 & 69. Everything. Volkswagens to Rolls Royce, Ford Falcons to a Hemi Road Runner. Yeh, those were the days!
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I just remember the scene from the movie Vanishing Point, where Kowalski meets the guy in the E-Type outside Green River, UT...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bBTup5WH0a0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Challenger R/T vs Jaguar; oh, my...

The guy in the Jag didn't fare too well in the end...

Quote Originally Posted by alehead View Post

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Speaking about the Jaguar XKE, Enzo Ferrari once said that it was one of the most beautiful cars he had ever seen.