Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 67
Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17575960616263646566676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1863

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

I like it tailspin ... .. PS: not a pilot ... an aeroplane driver

I noticed this thread seems to go for a week or two..and then NOTHING for a couple weeks...figured id ask...any updates?

Since this is a spare time and team effort, progress is naturally quite slow. Just sit tight.

Yes, there is a great deal of hard work going on behind the scenes by all the developers involved and the VVC and aircraft model are better and better each time.
    There is also a lot of testing and refinement and I expect that the finished product will indeed be the masterpiece it always promised to be.

This is the latest version of the VVC.

and this is a test flight in progress in Austria.

So far, four people have this repaint, is there any interest in adding it to the catalogue?
    This is the aircraft it is based on, once owned by the Wrigley family.

Last edited by ncooper; July 1st, 2016 at 13:34.
    Regards,
    Nick

SOH-CM-2021
    Is that yourself in the left hand seat Nick? I guess I'm one of the four.

Hello Dennis,
    Yes but it's a complete remake, perhaps a week's work from scratch.
    The other was for the MAAM DC3, if you remember.
    Regards,
    Nick

Icon14

Nick

Looking good, REAL GOOD!!!!

The Old MSgt

Yes, it's beautiful. Are you ever going to quit fiddling with it and release it ? You've been torturing us for years.
    Sue

I would definitely enjoy that Wrigley Texture.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    as would i...very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Yes, it's beautiful. Are you ever going to quit fiddling with it and release it ? You've been torturing us for years.
    Sue
    Torture it is! I don't mind how long it takes - plenty of other great aircraft to enjoy in the meantime - though nothing quite as classy as this "new" DC-3, I must admit!!!

I hope it's released to a few different hosters simultaneously, as those release sites are going to get hit *hard*!!! Have they been warned? LOL!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

OMG,

I though I was looking at a real world cockpit, lemme in, lemme in!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Oh, yes PLEEEAAAASSEE Nick. Give us that texture.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Just wow ! Mike

Looking at that near finish result .. be seriously waiting to checkout that VC ...

About as real as it gets, very nice job indeed. Your efforts are very obvious, thanks in advance.
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

I thought it was real too

That is absolutely fantastic work. I worked a couple years ago on a Vought BT-13 revising the cockpit with actual controls from the Naval Air Museum Pensacola photos and thought I really had something (FS9). Now I'm ashamed to ever show it to anyone here after you took the playing field with this piece of art. It looks so real it IS unbelieveable to think its an FSX VC cockpit and that Wrigley bird is gorgeous too. Count me IN please! What airport was it out of in Illinois? Keep up this amazing project. Thank you for ALL your efforts.

I should make it absolutely clear that I am only a beta tester of this work of art and what you see
    in the VVC screenshot is the work of Jan Visser and his team.
    What you see of the aircraft exterior model is the work of Manfred Jahn and his team.
    Only the Wrigley repaint is my work and I will see if it can be included with the aircraft when it is released.
    I am sure that both teams read this topic and appreciate your very positive feedback.
    Regards,
    Nick

Test flight

I've claimed here that TuFun nailed, NAILED, that characteristic Gooney Bird sound. You decide:

Disregard the near mid-air at 0:07.

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    AMERICAN AIRLINES DOUGLAS DC-3 TRANSCONTINENTAL FLIGHT 1940s AVIATION 85094
    http://www.lostflights.com/Commercia...-Douglas-DC-3/
    Great site. Loved seeing the original documents. Will have to do the flight too, you're an inspiration!

Have you found a site that can give us the weather for the dates? It would be fun to fly the route with "real" weather.

Pity there isn't an add-on that would plunk down low freq ranges all over the country where they used to be. Maybe we can try using just ADF beacons instead of VORs?

Lucky beta tester

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    I should make it absolutely clear that I am only a beta tester of this work of art and what you see
    in the VVC screenshot is the work of Jan Visser and his team.
    What you see of the aircraft exterior model is the work of Manfred Jahn and his team.
    Only the Wrigley repaint is my work and I will see if it can be included with the aircraft when it is released.
    I am sure that both teams read this topic and appreciate your very positive feedback.
    Thank you for the heads up and I am anxiously awaiting this release to all of us as soon as it is complete. I will be sure to be doing an R4D version out of my NAS Alameda in the 1950s. I've already installed the Hawaii 1959 that is available. I flew Manfred Jan's earlier C47 virtually in Burma with the 91st last year. That was a lot of fun.

Hi all! Sound progress as of 7-5... fun with sounds!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Hi all! Sound progress as of 7-5... fun with sounds!!!

Sounds are gorgeous. Like music.
    Barry

Music to my ears.
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

I just cannot believe that this is not a real DC-3.Beats the
    hell out of any flight sim airplane I have ever seen.The best
    VC ever.

The guys have performed magic here.

Anthin.