Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 21
Page 21 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425262728293171 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    We do flights in the C-47 every Wednesday at msflights.net, it can get quite busy! very popular aircraft, that's for sure.
    One heck line up there

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Preparing for a weekend multiplay at NZFF using the DC-3, this paint by Janiek Arp really caught my eye...SUPERB
    That would look at home operating out of Opa Locka (KOPF).
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Looks like I did some people a favour by bumping this thread

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Looks like I did some people a favour by bumping this thread
    Pat , Your going to join us then be around your lunch time or slightly earlier at your 11.30 am

Icon26 dc3 multiplayer

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Wednesday's, hmm. HAve to check out the website to see if the time works for me, and what I need to do to participate.

Btw, awesome screenshot
    we do a lot of dc3 multiplayer here,chanel old fokkers
    check at sundays,also most other days.............
    most after 19.00 z
    http://digitalthemepark.blogspot.de/

cheers ralf

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    most after 19.00 z

cheers ralf
    I did join another group .. using digitalthemepark great fun ! Easter-Bunny-hops , lotta fun

Bump... Next up: The Ballad For DC-3 Fans sung for you by

Guys, haven't been around for a while - is there any news on that amazing VC that has been in the works?

Nope,zilch nada.

Keep waiting

I think the time has come to tell you the reason of the long silence on any news about the development of the VVC. Up front, it's pretty bad news so fasten your seatbelts...

I have been holding off to tell you about it because of the chance it wouldn't be needed to tell you about it.... May sound funny but if you read on you'll understand it makes sense.

The situation is that i haven't heard from Hansi anymore since the end of March.... In his last email he added final versions of the MAP and RPM gauges and some coding. He promised that his next work would come much faster but i did not recieve anything from him anymore since then... He also did not respond to the emails i sent him asking about what the reason could be of his silence.

Hansi has been going thru a rough time last year due to family matters but when i contacted him about working with me again on Manfred's amazing DC-3 model he said to be very pleased and happy about it. Like myself he is a true DC-3 lover. He even bought a new computer but he did make it clear that it would probabely take much longer than before for him to send his work to me.

I have worked with Hansi for more then 10 years and never ever did he not respond to my emails. (our first project together dates back to FS2002, a 2D Captain's panel and FE panel for the Constellation which Hansi later upgraded to work with FS9. Both John Howard White and Manfred used the panels for their superb Constellation models. Later on we created the SectionF8 F-86 model for FS9 which features some of Hansi's superb coding which can also be admired in the beautiful DC-2 Uiver model. Hansi was also doing the coding and gauges for the Maam-Sim NAF N3N and FSX version of the TBM/TBF Avenger)

Everyday since the month of May i have been hoping to hear from Hansi, sending me more stuff to add to the VVC and every week/month i got more worried that something might be seriously wrong. At one time i even decided to stop working on the VVC myself because, as you can imagine, without Hansi to do the gauges and coding there simply is no use.

So here we are, gentlemen, no Hansi, no DC-3 VVC..... I simply can't do this on my own. I have no knowledge of gauge programming.

I have a hunge that what's happening with Hansi might be the same as last year, he doesn't even touch his computer anymore.... That's the only reason i can think of him not responding to my emails. Mind you, even now, after so many months not hearing from him i still have hope left that he will turn up again. The best advice i can give you is to do the same.

Extremely sorry to have to bring this bad news to you and i hope you can understand the reason i tried to hold off telling you about it. Even if i heard from Hansi today i wouldn't have told you about it... More than anything i wish that would've been the case...

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    I have a hunge that what's happening with Hansi might be the same as last year, he doesn't even touch his computer anymore.... That's the only reason i can think of him not responding to my emails. Mind you, even now, after so many months not hearing from him i still have hope left that he will turn up again. The best advice i can give you is to do the same.

Extremely sorry to have to bring this bad news to you and i hope you can understand the reason i tried to hold off telling you about it. Even if i heard from Hansi today i wouldn't have told you about it... More than anything i wish that would've been the case...
    I know after so many years doing design , the coding is one area I would not want to step into , myself have taken a long break even from modelling and tinker away with other things , Jan .. simply wish Hansi a Big Thumbs Up from me , he will come in on his own time .

Jan,

Hansi has been an awesome contributor for so many, me included. I do hope he is okay.

He and you will be in my thoughts.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Speaking as someone who's been eager to fly the VVC - obviously under the circumstances that's now the least of our concerns. Here's hoping that Hansi comes through whatever he's dealing with and gets back on his feet. That matters more than anything else. I don't know him, of course, but I wish him the best.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Blog Entries
    Jan that is certainly understandable..so sorry to hear this. No worries Amigo!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Thanks for the feedback, gents. The one positive thing about it is that for me it feels good that i got it off my chest. Started to feel like a burden really... The saddest thing is that i can only contact Hansi via email. No telephone number or anything like that and, for all i know, he doesn't visit forums. It's the first time something like this happens in my 10 years of working together with Hansi. You can image how sad i feel about it... If only i knew he's allright...

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    What gauges remain to be done?
    I'm afraid, apart from RPM and MAP, *all* of them, Bjoern... And it's not just the coding, Hansi always wants to draw the gauges' faceplates himself. He's very very good at that too ! They would've been all in 3D, with reflective glass covers.

Not giving up hope yet !
    Last edited by Javis; August 27th, 2014 at 17:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    ... Not giving up hope yet !
    Nor are we Jan :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Sorry to hear this Jan. Sounds similar to Piglet's disappearance from the FS world and personally, I worry the worst in such cases.

Perhaps someone might take up the task of resurrecting the gauge coding at some point or find a "drop-in" solution for the gauges.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Nor are we Jan :-)
    Thanks, Milton !

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Sorry to hear this Jan. Sounds similar to Piglet's disappearance from the FS world and personally, I worry the worst in such cases.
    Perhaps someone might take up the task of resurrecting the gauge coding at some point or find a "drop-in" solution for the gauges.
    Already in motion 'behind the scene', Storm..

Thanks, mate!

Javis thanks for the update. I had some contact with Hansi over a year ago re some other gauges that I was using for a rework of Jens Kristensens (JBK) Hythe into a Sunderland. That was fine but I have had no contact with him since then either. I found some replacement gauges but have had to go through the torturous process of getting copyright permission from the owners and in one case copyright has passed between several companies in the meantime. I had a look at guage programming but to get the 3D facings etc is a real skill and well beyond my limited cut and paste understanding and code reading. I have not heard from Jens either despited attempts to get his blessing or permission for the Sunderland the main reason was so see if the cockpit mesh could be reworked.

We can only hope, people of his and Jens talent have made an unrecognised but very significant contribution to flight simulation over the years.

PS off thread I could release the Sunderland as is but well I would like it to be a lot better but sometimes you just have to call it quits I guess.

Thanks for the update Jan,

Even though I don't know Hansi, I do hope that he is okay.

And I do hope you find a way to keep the VVC project going (yes, that's selfish, sorry). You invested so much time and effort in to this project, and even coming out of retirement, that it would be a shame if it would die.

I will keep my fingers crossed, and my thoughts with Hansi.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    most after 19.00 z

cheers ralf
    Sorry Ralf,

I just now saw your post. I'll certainly have a look at that link, as Suinday's will work for me for sure.

Thanks for the link. I really appreciate all responses, so that I van start taking my favorite old lady back in to multiplayer flying.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Thanks for the update Jan. Sad news, but I'm sure everyone's thoughts are not on the VVC but hoping Hansi is OK.