Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 24
Page 24 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1416171819202122232425262728293031323474 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

@Nick - thanks for the new VC textures - a very nice enhancement. I especially like the alcohol level tube that somebody pinched from a Russian C-47 or Li-2 ("спирт").

A question for others flying the C-47 with the vonstroheim/ncooper VC in P3Dv2 - is the radio panel working for you? I'm not able to change com or nav frequencies by clicking on the dials - they're completely unresponsive. All the other functions are OK. In FSX, the whole radio stack works, dials and all. Is this a P3D issue, or am I missing something? Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

I wish I could help Alan but I don't have P3D.
    However, while I'm here, I have retouched a little

If you think you might like the changes, unzip the attached folder and place the .dds file
    where you placed the other VC textures and let it overwrite.

Regards,
    Nick
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    I wish I could help Alan but I don't have P3D.
    However, while I'm here, I have retouched a little

If you think you might like the changes, unzip the attached folder and place the .dds file
    where you placed the other VC textures and let it overwrite.

Regards,
    Nick
    i like that,thank´s

cheers
    ralf

vc shadows in dx10

for people they maybee not know,with steves dx10 fixer comes a tool(inside the folder from the fixer,toolbox),you can activate the shadows,look´s nice..........

cheers

ralf

@Nick - thanks for the new textures. They work beautifully. The yokes stand out nicely now. And you kept my Russian spirit level!

Am thinking about plugging in the OBS gauge but I'm torn about it - rather than break the mood, maybe I'll just stay out of bad weather...

-- Saint-Exupery

Add ILS OBS/CDI doe3sn;t have glideslope

Well, the process described earlier in this thread puts the C-47 OBS/CDI/ILS whatchamacallit gauge in the lovely old vintage panels, and the course deviation needle works. But there's no glideslope.

Found the entry in aircraft.cfg that calls out the [RADIOS], and mine now looks like this:

Code:
    [radios]
    // Radio Type = availiable (sic), standby frequency, has glide slope
    Audio.1       = 1
    Com.1         = 1, 1
    Com.2         = 1, 1
    Nav.1         = 1, 1, 1   <-- I set this 'on', and tried the HSI because I can't find a vor_1, but still no glideslope
    Nav.2         = 1, 1, 1   <-- this was originally 'on', and is the gauge in the panel, but no glideslope
    Adf.1         = 1
    Adf.2         = 1
    Transponder.1 = 0
    Marker.1      = 1
    Feeling around under the bed, looking for the right parts in the dark, I tried replacing the DG with vor_2 first, because that's what was in the C-47 already.
    Code:
    gauge44=C47_HD!vor_2,                 0,0,117,116
    No glideslope.

So I tried vor_1 in the panels.cfg so:
    Code:
    gauge44=C47_HD!vor_1,    0,0,117,116
    No glideslope because the panel hole was empty. Blank. A non-instrument. (And certainly not pining for the fjords. Nudge, nudge, know what i mean? Know what I mean?)

So I tried
    Code:
    gauge44=C47_HD!hsi, 0,0,117,116
    But still no glideslope. The HSI shows up, sure 'nuff, and the CDI works. But no glideslope joy.

So I spent the whole day, obsessively proving that ignorance is bliss, and finally decided that a working ILS would be better than more time spent anesthetizing myself fumbling around inside FSX.

Can anyone help?

Do you not need an HSI?
    It doesn't look good but this one from the default Cessna 208
    seems to do the trick?

[VCockpit01]
    gauge15=Cessna208B_XML!hsi, 1, 6, 117,113

Regards,
    Nick

Banjoman and Nick nice work, quick question any chance this can be done with the R4D panel which moves the AI to the centre and has the four tank fuel selector gauge. Or can I just paste the textures into my panel folder?

I modified a DC-3 panel some time ago to do this it was a combo of the R4D panel and another by a frenchman this included the ILS and RMI but I had to settle for the modern type navaid cluster in the middle which I never really liked, The best panel of all was the MAAM Sim C47 but I dont think it can be shoehorned into the Default or FSX model alas.

Anyway here's what is possible in this regard. If anyone's interested I will rummage around my back up files and see if I can find the panel config stuff etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tn_2011-11-12_14-39-51-51.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	11982

Name:	tn_2012-1-25_17-3-12-345.jpg 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	11983

ILS Problem solved

Do you not need an HSI?
    A simple ILS is fine, Nick, I just used the C-47 HSI in the DC3 because the nav_2 gauge didn't have a glideslope. Or so I thought.

The problem you see, the reason I spent the whole day yesterday trying unsuccessfully to make a $%^&* glideslope work, is because I'm an idiot. The airport I've been flying out of doesn't have one! The approach at KSFZ is LOC/DME 05. There is no glideslope.

Tootled down to KGON where the actually have a glideslope, and the C-47's vor_2 worked fine. The HSI you suggested out of the Caravan looks better, so I tried the 208's vor_2, and it's perfect.

What did I say earlier about being part of the group of people that's dumber than the other half? Now do you believe me? <slaps forehead=""></slaps>
    Last edited by tailspin45; September 2nd, 2014 at 06:44.

Thanks a lot for cockpit upgrade. Looks really good now.
    Shadows really bring it to life.

Regards Anthin

Thanks Nick for the step by step instructions on how to merge C-47 v2 with default DC-3 interior. I was too lazy to write something as comprehensive as you did.

But it's not such a good idea to use the default DC-3 interior MDL model file, the wing view from inside the VC is awfull: most of the wing aft and inboard from the port engine is missing, the port propeller rotates backwards, the starboard engine and wing are simply not there at all, not to mention wrong wing texture and overall poor quality. But nothing wrong with using the DC-3 panel and gauge (which is highly customizable), your instructions are quite clear.

Manfred Jahn took the trouble back in 2011 to update the default DC-3 interior to fix the wing view for his C-47 v1 base pack: right wing is there, with correct wing texture. This is the file "C47_interior.mdl" included in c47_interior.zip @ flightsim.

So follow Nick instructions to the letter, but replace "interior=Douglas_DC3_Interior" by "interior=C47_interior" (and of course copy "C47_interior.mdl" into the "model" folder(s) where you have put "Douglas_DC3_Interior.mdl"). Everything else can stay the same, including panel, textures, various gauge tweaks, etc... Don't forget to restart FSX before testing the aircraft.

"Air Atlantique" repaint by Jan Kees Blom from OZx (white wings inside and out!): JK_C-47_G-AMCA_Air Atlantique.zip @ aussiex.org
    "Cinza Azulado" VC texture by Hani Michal: fsx_dc-3_new_vc.zip @ flightsim.com
    "Avro Factory Hamble (UK)" free scenery by A2A @ a2asimulations.com

@vonstroheim - thanks for that fix. The wing view was the last thing that was really bothering me. Will give this a try.

-- Saint-Exupery

And that really is the finishing touch... at least 'til Jan & Co. are able to give us the final finishing touch... Nicely done! Now off to convert all my paints to old-school standards. Thanks again!

-- Saint-Exupery

C-47 v.1 ?

I was know I had ver. 1 of the MJ C-47 but I can't find it anywhere on my hard drive, would I have deleted it... unthinkable!
    I scoured this site for about a half hour tonight with no luck, it's time to go to bed, my head hurts. Can anyone point me at the download for it? Much appreciated! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    I was know I had ver. 1 of the MJ C-47 but I can't find it anywhere on my hard drive, would I have deleted it... unthinkable!
    I scoured this site for about a half hour tonight with no luck, it's time to go to bed, my head hurts. Can anyone point me at the download for it? Much appreciated! Thank you.
    It ia available at Flightsim.com either follow this link http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....47BASEPACK.ZIP or go to Flightsim.com and do a search on C47basepack.zip.

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon5 TO/FROM inop

Shot an ILS to minimums, actually CAT II minimums, at Concord NH and everything works fine and looks right...except the TO/FROM flag on the VOR doesn't work (and tool tips don't appear, so setting the course is by guess and by golly). Assigning the VOR to the RMI works, and show the needle swing at station passage, so the info is there.

Anyone have an idea how to make the flag work, of is that something coded deep in the panel?

Name:	fsx%u00252B2014-09-03%u00252B05-57-01-46.jpg 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	12054

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    It ia available at Flightsim.com either follow this link http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....47BASEPACK.ZIP or go to Flightsim.com and do a search on C47basepack.zip.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Thank you very much Huub!

Thanks to vonstroheim for the direction to the fixed interior model
    and to Manfred for it.
    For those who decided that they like my VC textures,
    here is the final version.
    Credits due to Hani Michal and Marvin Carter some of whose textures
    I have used and amended.

Files attached, to be copied over the existing ones.

I must say that this VC cannot hold a candle to Jan's and I fervently hope that his can
    eventually be completed.

Regards,
    Nick.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ncooper; September 4th, 2014 at 23:53.

I must say that this VC cannot hold a candle to Jan's and I fervently hope that his can
    eventually be completed.

Regards,
    Nick.
    +1.
    but this look better than the modern one,the basler is nice and better build,but looks wrong for this nice c47.

thank´s for the vc-paint

cheers
    ralf

eventually be completed.

Regards,
    Nick.
    +1. Eagerly/patiently/hopefully waiting for Jan to be able to finish his work. But am grateful to vonstroheim and to you, Nick, for making the wait much easier.

-- Saint-Exupery

Thanks to vonstroheim for the direction to the fixed interior model
    and to Manfred for it.
    For those who decided that they like my VC textures,
    here is the final version.
    Credits due to Hani Michal and Marvin Carter some of whose textures
    I have used and amended.

Files attached, to be copied over the existing ones.

eventually be completed.

Regards,
    Nick.
    Thank you very much,Nick.
    Really great work and i love the look.
    Mike

If you use the C 47 v1 default DC3 VC upgrade in this v2 model,
    "C47_interior.mdl" included in c47_interior.zip @ flightsim,
    you may well see the propellers untextured
    through the side windows when the engines are running.
    If this is the case, go to your repaint texture folder, either rename propdisk.dds to
    propdisk1.dds or open it in your favourite .dds editor and save it as propdisk1.dds.

Regards,
    Nick
    Last edited by ncooper; September 5th, 2014 at 12:50.

If you use the C 47 v1 default DC3 VC upgrade in this v2 model,
    "C47_interior.mdl" included in c47_interior.zip @ flightsim,
    you may well see the propellers untextured
    through the side windows when the engines are running.
    If this is the case, go to your repaint texture folder, either rename propdisk.dds to
    propdisk1.dds or open it in your favourite .dds editor and save it as propdisk1.dds.

Regards,
    Nick
    Thanks! Very usefull

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

""ad smoke effekt

for people they use tis plane in p3dv2 or have the fustflight connie in fsx;
    ad this red lines in aircraft cfg

[lights]
    //new MJ
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin
    //light.0 = 1, -57.65, 0.00, 13.6, fx_beacon, //un-comment for c47_2 model
    light.1 = 10, -6.05, -0.00, 2.5, fx_c47_vclight ,
    light.2 = 10, -20.00, 0.00, 3.28, fx_vclight ,
    light.3 = 10, -26.00, 0.00, 3.28, fx_vclight ,
    light.4 = 10, -32.00, 0.00, 3.28, fx_vclight ,
    light.5 = 10, -38.00, 0.00, 3.28, fx_vclight ,
    light.6 = 2
    light.7 = 3
    light.8 = 5
    light.9 = 4
    light.10 = 7, 7.395, -10.60, -4.07, Fx_JF_Connie_Smoke ;#2 Left
    light.11 = 8, 7.395, 10.60, -4.07, Fx_JF_Connie_Smoke ;#3 Right

then you get the smoke from the connie,look´s like this""

This doesn`t work for me.
    Connie is installed,perhaps a DX10 thing?
    Mike

Hi Mike

i use dx10,for me it work
    maybee switch off and on with lights use L