Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 52
Page 52 of 75 FirstFirst ... 242444546474849505152535455565758596062 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1863

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic work, Jan & Team!

Jan-

We all wait with bated breath....

I know the way the C-47 levitates, rather than rotates, because of the magic wrought by Manfred Jahn. I cocoon myself in glorious sound through the talents of Ted (Tu-Fun). I escape to distant (in miles and years) locales with paints from Jankees, Gordon, Hani and other talented painters. Now, I even see Gordon has taken sheet aluminum to a new spectrum.

Finally, this.... the sanctum centorium... the suspended space, where all my interactions with this hallowed old girl will occur. P3d has allowed for our beloved sim to live on, and has brought many improvements. Glorious light and shadow are so tangible to increasing suspension of belief, despite total willingness . Your magic in transforming the usually sterile into cramped, lived-in, believable virtual space; so authentic that I can almost smell the cracked leather, saturated with years of sweat, wiped down occasionally with saddle soap, is brilliant! Thank-you for your perseverance through an arduous effort- We are most grateful.

The Hump, Rangoon, Casablanca, Alaska and every far off place (again, in distance and time) will yet again have air-explorers. I can guarantee at least one

Best- Carl

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    This has to be the single best VC I've ever seen *in any sim*. Quite breathtaking!

Put with MJ's already superb external model, the package will be totally irresistible.

Have you considered making it "Donation-ware"? Either for yourself or to a designated charity? Us simmers can recognise quality work when we see it - and we aren't entirely UN-generous!!

Adam.
    And what about M Jahn and team work: not quality work ? It seems that they didn't considered to make it anything else then freeware!
    JMC

So glad you got the shadows working in DX10. They make such a big difference in terms of realism and immersion. And I have to agree that those shots display some of the best VC environments that I've seen for this sim. Simply beautiful and so lovingly detailed.

Fabulous!...and glad you've got the vc shadows fixed for Dx10
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

That put the 'D' Damn that's good into DC-3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    This has to be the single best VC I've ever seen *in any sim*. Quite breathtaking!

Put with MJ's already superb external model, the package will be totally irresistible.

Have you considered making it "Donation-ware"? Either for yourself or to a designated charity? Us simmers can recognise quality work when we see it - and we aren't entirely UN-generous!!

Adam.

I am completely in agreement that this is possibly the brightest star, shining amongst a constellation of other magnificent aircraft. Jan has given this airplane as much life and personality as it's real world ancestors.

Regarding the idea of "Donation-ware" I would offer up this consideration.

I prefer the verbiage of "Contribution-ware" rather than "Donation-ware", as it acknowledges the intent to direct energy back into a chosen cause. I cannot speak for Manfred Jahn or Jan, but as it applies to my contributions to this project, I would like to see an option created that would allow anyone who wishes to contribute to the Sim Outhouse site for their dedication, the opportunity to do so on a purely voluntary basis. The airplane would remain entirely freeware of course, but also present the end user with options to support our "hobby" as well.

I would be more than willing to dedicate my skins and other involvements with this aircraft towards this specific goal.

What say ye?
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    I prefer the verbiage of "Contribution-ware" rather than "Donation-ware",

What say ye?
    I like that "Contribution-ware".

Well, speaking just as a grateful end user, I'd be happy to pay the equivalent of what a premium payware a/c would cost me, and let the team direct the funds however they see fit. Donation or contribution, either is fine. But I'm going to feel really guilty paying nothing at all and just accepting it as a gift...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

So impressive.....Having spent a few hours in the right hand seat of one of these, I simply can't get over the attention to detail. Would feel very much at home in this and look forward to the future.

Martin

Hi,

I am not a fan for donationware or contribution-ware. I prefer payware or freeware. It is clear. About charity, i don't need to be incited for this and you?

JMC

.... and again, I'd suggest a gentle course change- back to celebrating Jan's incredible work and the excitement that the cumulative efforts of our talents here at SOH are/will create with this total C-47 package... soon .

Best- C

Since this vintage Gooney Bird cockpit is the spawn of this august body, how about the contributionware going to support our virtual hangar, this website?

Obie

How about this matter is not discussed any further here.
    The decision is not ours to make and should be left to those
    who are directly concerned.
    Whatever it may be will be perfectly acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    How about this matter is not discussed any further here.
    The decision is not ours to make and should be left to those
    who are directly concerned.
    Whatever it may be will be perfectly acceptable.
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion but it was just a suggestion to support SOH kind of like a bake sale.

I wasn't aware that you have been made a Mod.

Obie

Since you do allow me my own opinion, I am simply suggesting that the subject
    is left well alone.

Blog Entries
    Why don't we simply appeal to admin to remove my above post, and allow the conversation to return to appreciation of this exquisite effort by the author of this post. I shall re-post my tendered offer in a forum less offensive to the general membership.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

There's no harm in suggestions but lets keep to our admiration of Jan and team's beautiful vc.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

ONGELOFELIJK!! SPRAKELOOS!!

I am speechless. My most favorite aircraft is screaming "I'm Alive!!''
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Donation, Donation, Donation I want to push that botton.
    Thank you

Sow Jan, very nice. Didin't get much flying done yet...
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Excellent work! Really looking forward to it.
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

I was doing some instruments tests this morning when all of a sudden Ted (Tufun) stepped inside the cockpit. He just wanted to have a look how things were going. What i didn't know was that he had a camera with him... I went on with the test and later on i found this on my desk :

(click YouTube to view full screen)

Thanks, Ted, you sly devil !

SOH-CM-2021
    Wow! I'm lost for words.

Members who have read this thread: 133