Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 50
Page 50 of 75 FirstFirst ... 40424344454647484950515253545556575860 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1863

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

Good to know, Rob, thanks !

Let me know once you're set up again, Ok ?

Groeten,
    Jan

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    My wife asked me what I want for X-mas. I told her a Prop off a DC3, let's see if she finds one lol, she's a Ret. Marine so my luck should be good. Last year she got me a Capt's Seat from a CRJ200, she found it cheap in the Desert Bone Yard. I Love sending her on a X-mas Goose Chase.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Are you kidding?! I couldn't pick up even one blade.
    But if you do get the whole thing it would look great standing in a front yard.
    As an alternative how about a KC-97 Boom

After giving my wife a ticket to go see her grandson in two weeks, she asked me the same.

Well, as they say "bend the iron while it's hot" I asked her for a GoFlight EFIS panel and a radio panel. and..... YAHOO!! Ordered with 30% discount and already shipped.

Gosh, I love it when a plan comes together.

And now just keeping my fingers crossed that we may get a "VVC" gift under the christmas tree this year (No pressure, Jan).
    Then I can use the panels for the airliners, and fly the C-47 on some challenging hops in Alaska, or wherever my imagination takes me.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

When my wife asks me what I would like to have for Christmas, it is normally about ingredients for the diner I will prepare.......

Cheers,
    Huub

My wife never asks me those things, because the menu is fixed, traditional Swedish..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

SOH-CM-2023
    What's a wife ???

i like 3d stuff i dont like 2d popup windows i normaly remove the 2d popup windows from the panel cfg if i can
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Icon21 Swmaabo...

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    What's a wife ???
    ....SHE WHO MUST ABSOLUTELY ALWAYS BE OBEYED.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    When my wife asks me what I would like to have for Christmas, it is normally about ingredients for the diner I will prepare.......

Cheers,
    Huub
    Haha, I am the cook in the house as well, but cooking ingredients have never been on my "wish list".

Let's keep this thread on track, please. I have palpitations every time I see it bumped and have to go get my digitalis!!!

Any news on this? I've begun recreating "hump" flights and selfishly would love to have the vintage VC. Sorry if I'm pestering

I think that it's safe to say that hundreds, if not thousands, of us are quietly waiting and holding our breaths.

But, hay, no pressure.

Happy new year to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Airmail View Post
    I think that it's safe to say that hundreds, if not thousands, of us are quietly waiting and holding our breaths.

But, hay, no pressure.

Happy new year to all.
    I second both, lol.

Hey guys, yes i'm so sorry that it takes so long for this VVC project to get take-off clearance but please remember that i wouldn't even have thought about such an endeavour without Hansi to take care of the coding. When Hansi suddenly dissapeared quite early during the process already the future looked very bleak, not to say the project could be considered dead... It's only thru the very much appreciated help of Mike and Wozza that the project is nontheless were it is now. Where Hansi would've spend all his free time on coding the gauges and programming additional features, because of various reasons Mike and Wozza can only do so much of course. In any case i'm happy to say that the custom radio set is completed and working fine. I am now struggling to get the navigational instruments up and running correctly but it's a bit of a bumpy road i'm afraid.

Anyway, keep up the spirit, Rome wasn't build in one day neither and all that. And i think it's safe to say now that the VVC will be released this year. Come hell or high water.

Best Whishes everybody !

Cheers,
    Jan

Good to see this project is still coming along thank to all you talented folks working on this

John

That's great news. Just a thought: any chance of a progressive release, say an alpha version with the lovely and realistic looking cockpit to be followed by a more completely functional version when ready? If all the visuals are done, then many of us could be flying with a much more realistic cockpit while waiting for full functionality and using navigational work-arounds, such as a pop-up GPS, for instance. No more jarring, I think, than the current Basler cockpit.

Just a thought. Alpha and beta releases seem to be all the rage nowadays. I'm quite happily flying the KA 350 alpha even with significant FMS problems.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Hey guys, yes i'm so sorry that it takes so long for this VVC project to get take-off clearance but please remember that i wouldn't even have thought about such an endeavour without Hansi to take care of the coding. When Hansi suddenly dissapeared quite early during the process already the future looked very bleak, not to say the project could be considered dead... It's only thru the very much appreciated help of Mike and Wozza that the project is nontheless were it is now. Where Hansi would've spend all his free time on coding the gauges and programming additional features, because of various reasons Mike and Wozza can only do so much of course. In any case i'm happy to say that the custom radio set is completed and working fine. I am now struggling to get the navigational instruments up and running correctly but it's a bit of a bumpy road i'm afraid.

Anyway, keep up the spirit, Rome wasn't build in one day neither and all that. And i think it's safe to say now that the VVC will be released this year. Come hell or high water.

Best Whishes everybody !

Cheers,
    Jan
    It's like my Drill Sergeant used to say...no pain no gain!!! LOL thanks for the update Jan!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

"...sorry that it takes so long..."

You are the last person who should be apologizing. What you are doing is great, and great things take time...sometimes a lot of time.
    Thanks! (no matter how long it takes).

Hell or high water it is , one thing I can say for all off us , Its going to be well received

Quote Originally Posted by rdaniell View Post
    ....SHE WHO MUST ABSOLUTELY ALWAYS BE OBEYED.

RD
    You are talking about very bad wife!

This is a good wife
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    You are talking about very bad wife!

This is a good wife
    [/url]
    Hey where can i get one of those, and can i get a trade in?
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Thanks for the update Javis! I think some of us were a little fearful the project wouldn't make it, so thanks for clearing that up. As for apologizing, don't! You have nothing to be sorry about. I think I speak for all of us in saying that I will wait as long as it takes for this masterpiece. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    That's great news. Just a thought: any chance of a progressive release, say an alpha version with the lovely and realistic looking cockpit to be followed by a more completely functional version when ready? If all the visuals are done, then many of us could be flying with a much more realistic cockpit while waiting for full functionality and using navigational work-arounds, such as a pop-up GPS, for instance..
    Surely that thought has crossed my mind too. The radio set i had in mind and the Sperry AP will have to wait for later to begin with anyway. From here on i'll concentrate on the release of a more or less working alpha version, let's say by the end of this month/first week(s) of February ?..... Mind you, here's a list of things still do:

Gauges:
    Hyd.Press (3), De-Ice.Press, OAT, FuelQuantity, RadioAlt, RMI, Clock, Amp and Volt (maybe more..)

Animations:
    Gear/GearLock, Flaps, Eng.PumpSel. and Hyd.Pump levers, Trim Wheel, Levers and Indicators, CowlFlap Selectors, Windows Side and Front, Seat rests,Windscreen wipers and knobs, Com Boxes knobs and switches and still a number of switches on the OH. Furthermore still some small objects to add and some texture work to do, as well as setting up the cockpit lighting system.

Hopefully, with a bit of luck, during the coming weeks i will be able to wipe a lot of this stuff from the list and make it into an alpha version that is acceptable enough for public release. Good news is that i just found Tim (Tim-HH) willing to come on board to help with the bumpmaps and possibly other texture enhancements. Welcome aboard, Tim !

More good news is that today the bumpy road re the nav instruments seems to have come to an end finally. For some reason something proved to be teribbly wrong with the needles of the recently installed CDI gauges. After a lot of trial and error in the end i found that the pivot point needed to be adapted but couldn't be rotated without making a mess of the needle part itself. Never saw anything like that before. Made new ones and Bob was my Uncle again right away. Very happy about that because i was beginning to think something was wrong with the code ( Hansi's 3D CDI code from Rob's DC-2 ).

Here we are at short final ILS Rwy 25 EGAA. It's only the localizer needle that has just been corrected and works fine now, the glideslope needle still to do. Because it's just a copy of the localizer needle turned sideways it has the same remarkable fault. The radio set is completed and working fine. VOR1 is set at 109.90 ILS Rwy 25, VOR2 at VOR/DME BEL 117.20 (VOR2 Indicator not working yet). Yoke is hided here in this pic :

A close-up of the current radio-set. ( with 2D frequency digits code made to work by Wozza. Thanks so much, mate ! )

So there's an alpha light at the end of the tunnel then. I'd best add these pressure gauges first to keep track of things. ;-)

Cheers,
    Jan

edit: transponder knobs need some replacing. And for the to-do list to add: all warning lights