Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 40
Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 30323334353637383940414243444546474850 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1863

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

My 2 cents: I'll take panel # 2 !!!!

When I had my Cessna 172, it originally came with a sort of 'wide angle overhead spot light' on the ceiling and a 'spot light' on the pilots door post. Well that worked ok if you had instruments that their 'faces' and 'needles' would glow OR you sat back far enough where your head wouldn't block out some of the instruments - otherwise you'd have to turn the lights up so bright that in turn would end up bothering me when I was looking 'outside'..

I rebuilt my panel and installed 'instrument post lights' which in most cases just replaced the upper 2 screws that held the instruments in - hooked them up thru a reostat so I could control the intensity and LOVED THEM !!! I still had the other lights but ended up only using them for looking for something around the cabin / cockpit or reading the map..

Now, with all that said, I'll take anything you elect to give me !! (beggars can't be choosers) BUT I prefer panel #2 with the 'eyebrow' lighting..

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    A bit of XML magic for Jan:Tag the eyebrow models with this in 3ds Max and they will appear whenever a repaint's title= line contains "EYEBR". No need for multiple cockpit models and you can call it ad lib from a repaint.
    Great idea, Bjoern, thanks ! The gauge lighting itself will have to go along as well of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Great idea, Bjoern, thanks ! The gauge lighting itself will have to go along as well of course.
    Sure thing it can. Just put this as an additional "AND" condition into the code that makes the lighting appear.

Maybe this is a good time say (nay SHOUT!), just how grateful I am, and more than a little envious of some of the talent out there. I seriously believe that FSX might have died a painfull death, at least in my house, were it not for the level of talent and enthusiasm of you guys that undertake projects like this.

So once again.... THANK YOU BIG TIME!
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    This is exactly what Jan has portrait'd .. this is with a 'lot of light to get the detail' .. and dang , done a super fantastic build .. EYEBROWS for me
    That's another type of gauge bezel, Ian, mate. Not sure but i don't think these have lighting from inside neither. Here's a good pic of these 'eyebrows' i am getting at :

There's a light bulb at each side. It shines thru a small recess onto the gauge.

Not from a Dakota, i think this may be from a Neptune but they were used in DC-3/C-47's as well ( http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../9/1233901.jpg ) another type of direct gauge lighting you can see above the compass and arti horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    Maybe this is a good time say (nay SHOUT!), just how grateful I am, and more than a little envious of some of the talent out there. I seriously believe that FSX might have died a painfull death, at least in my house, were it not for the level of talent and enthusiasm of you guys that undertake projects like this.

So once again.... THANK YOU BIG TIME!
    I often wonder if Mickeysoft hadn't shut down the FSX project and they were allowed the freedom to develop as they wished, would we have gotten ORBX quality scenery Manfred Jahn quality aircraft by default (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    That's another type of gauge bezel, Ian, mate. Not sure but i don't think these have lighting from inside neither. Here's a good pic of these 'eyebrows' i am getting at :
    I think what it comes down to is the engineering bases in different parts of the world, we were discussing another cockpit recent, off the type talking about I have 5 photo's of different layouts and gauges and to confuse matters more I found anther 6 different panels again on the internet .

Another good example was our DC-3s without cowl flap levers or adjusters, I'd say your good to go with your eyebrows

I'm hoping to avoid having to read through 40 pages of posts. Could anyone please tell me if this VC has been released in any form that I might be able to use now or is it still a work in progress? If the former, where might I find it?

Thanks,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by macwino View Post
    I'm hoping to avoid having to read through 40 pages of posts. Could anyone please tell me if this VC has been released in any form that I might be able to use now or is it still a work in progress? If the former, where might I find it?

Thanks,
    Robert
    Hi Robert, Still a Work in Progress

Many MANY people checking in here daily....with fingers crossed.

Also the C-97 thread....daily....toes crossed.

CK
    Flying Canada's "Left Coast"

While checking the rudder pedals i'm working on in FSX i didn't expect these new 'eyebrows' to come along ( during export you don't have to have the complete model in the viewports) and i was pleasantly surprised to see they don't look half bad with the sunglint playing along the edges. Sofar i have only toned down the sharpness of the texture, might add a couple different ones too. :

I do kinda like 'em but i will make it an option.

And here's something to rest your tired feet on whilst sitting in that relax seat. All WIP mind you :

Have a nice weekend, folks.

cheers,
    jan

That looks breathtaking!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

You know, Jarvis, you can be very cruel!

CK
    Flying Canada's "Left Coast"

Unbelievable details!
    Mike

OMG! This is pure torture
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Kinda' makes ya' drool, don't it, ole buddy?

more than "kinda"!! :-)
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Interior

Any one up for making pax seats with interior view? Blue seats with white headrests?

Last edited by gray eagle; March 7th, 2015 at 12:21.

Hard to wait, as always, but check the gauges, guys... manifold pressure is working but RPM, oil pressure and fuel pressure aren't hooked up yet. No doubt Jan and Mike Cyul are just out of the frame in that first picture, jammed in behind the panel, working with wires 'n stuff... he said, volunteering to hold the toolbox or the pliers or anything else that'd be helpful...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Any one up for making pax seats with interior view? Blue seats with white headrests?
    Great idea... as long as there's another one with chicken coops and crates and maybe a spare engine that I can use on my usual routes...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Jan is just torturing us........

Cheers,
    Huub

I really like those, brows , they have really come up well , as for the rudder pedals SUPERB!

Jan, you are without question the master of photorealistic textures! Amazing work once again

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Just on word..AWESOME!!!!!
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    Great idea... as long as there's another one with chicken coops and crates and maybe a spare engine that I can use on my usual routes...

or a no frills interior.