Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 38
Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst ... 28303132333435363738394041424344454648 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

I like the second as well for what it's worth
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Hi Jan,

I would definitely prefer panel #1 as it looks much clearer. Panel #2 is a bit overloaded with these gauge bezels. I'm not a DC-3 expert but #1 looks more like a DC-3 to me while #2 looks like a C-47

However, great work!

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    I see it now !

Put me down for # 2

Blog Entries
    I'm favoring #1 ain't democracy great now we're tied :O(
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Both are great but I would personally prefer #1.
    Why?...Because the dead fly in #2 indicates a sloppy crew chief.

I think the bigger difference between the two would be gauge lighting technique. Panel 1 would use floodlights and UV lights to make radium markings on the gauges glow. Panel 2 uses eyebrows that would contain incandescent light bulbs to illuminate the gauges. Basically, you have two different eras. Panel 1 is definitely 1930's-40's, while panel 2 would be more appropriate for post-war uses.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hello Jan,
    I'll go with panel number 2.
    Gorgeous work
    Curt

I'd prefer the upper panel, since the gauge eyebrows look too repeated. Beautiful work!!
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Blog Entries
    Hey Jan, I would make a bet that either way you go will be a winner!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Not sure what you mean exactly, Mark ?.....

The upper one seems a bit darker to me (aside from the missing gauge rims).
    Also the gauge rims look a bit repetetive.

Either way though, both panels look brilliant!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Both incredible, but I will vote for No.1

Alex

Hi Jan,

I vote for panel #2.

Great work!!!

Howard_S

Darnit! Decisions, decisions....
    Most of the supposedly unmolested C-47 interior shots, that I've found, show the eyebrows with direct gauge lighting.
    Seeing as I'm flying mostly C-47/R4D military variations #2 gets my vote.
    Won't really matter to me though, Jan. Both are gorgeous. ...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP wet), EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 16GB DDR3-2400,
    128GB SAMSUNG 830-Win 7 Ult x64, 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro-FS9/FSX/P3D, WD 1TB Black-FS98, ROF, etc. WD Black 2TB-Storage/Backup,

I like #1, it looks less cluttered.

2 please.
    Mike

SOH-CM-2021
    I cast my vote for number 2 please.

Ok! Thanks, guys, that's what i wanted to hear.

Bit of both then, éh ? The MAAM R4D has these individual gauge light boxes too and i kinda grew fond of them. (can you grow fond of simple small thing like a gauge lighting box ??.... Yes, i can !!... ) IIRC they didn't actually work in the VC of the R4D model but we could possibly make them work here. Could be added just to a specific C-47 model and left out of a DC-3 model or make it an option all together. Re the repetition, good point. It was just by impulse that i added them (stumbled over a photo of a C-47 cockpit that has them) so it was all done in the spur of a moment. I may have been a bit too enthousiastic about the sharpness of the texture. Point taken !

Btw, if you happen to fly the Connie with the panel Hansi and i put together a couple years ago you can see i'm really serious about liking those light boxes... ( i got into a dispute with a no longer existing commercial dev who used our freeware Connie gauge images in various commercial packages. Proves i'm not the only one liking those light boxes... )

Just wanted to know your stance towards those light boxes. I do like them but i'll make it an option one way or another. I'll also make sure they don't look that repetitive anymore.

Thanks much again, guys !

Chhers,
    Jan

I'll go for no.2, but please vary the textures a bit. Looks to repetitive otherwise.

Hey Jan,

no, nothing cooking in Gmax anymore. DC2 sales are still going strong though, can't complain on that. Avoidrome is still happy ;-)
    I'm only working on my Citroen 2CV. Installed an Electronic Ignition system. Purrs like a kitten.
    Tomorrow I can go on the road again, I decided to keep her indoors during winter, and do some maintenance.

Regarding the panel, I like the lightboxes, especially if you can get them to work as intended!
    Great work so far! Fantastic. Might really be a reason to start-up FSX again, when it's ready.

Cherio, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Hoi Rob,

Good to hear the DC-2 still going strong ! ( btw, how's Alex ?...) And congrats with your 2CV ! ( don't wanna upset you but if it purrs like a kitten there's something wrong, mate..... IIRC it should quack like a duck! ) Pity no more Gmax work, Rob... I'm actually soooo happy to be back. Maybe you need a sabbatical too, right ? Worked for me! (although not intentional )

Groeten,
    Jan

Sorry to arrive this late, but personally I prefer the upper one. I think its easier for the eyes as the lower one just contains too much details.

Cheers,
    Huub

Also arriving late, I would prefer the first image. It give me complete detail without the repetition of the gauge edges. Just plain looks better to me. Both are a work of are. Definitely will go with the flow. Wonderful to see the continued work. Thanks
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Count me as late also ... #1 for me.

I'll take number 2. I like the old look, for some reason it just looks older to me.