Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 51
Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41434445464748495051525354555657585961 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1863

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

Beautiful work there Jan!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Jan,

What an amazing start of the new year. First your information that the project was still alive, and now we can look forward to an Alpha release.

Omg.... Gonna postpone maintenance on my old bird, so we can give her some real tlc when the "new" VVC alpha version gets released.

gollee, I am soo excited
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Those pictures are just beautiful! Very good news indeed on the alpha release! Very soon, I may not ever fly anything else in FSX!

Thanks for all your hard work on this labor of love. Truly a work of art!

Blog Entries
    Just to keep things lively as the new cockpit is nearing a possible alpha release...

When Jan began this thread I decided to create an entire set of updated HD skins, specs and bumps for the DAK to compliment the new cockpit. The skins are optimized for Prepar3D v3.1 and dynamic reflection cube maps, but will work fine in FSX, FSX ST or earlier P3D.

Thank you Jan, for your incredible contribution...

Shown in Prepar 3D v3.1 with DR enabled.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Wow, Gordon, that looks as real as it can get!!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Thanks for your update Jan and thanks for all your efforts!

and Gordon those textures are really fantastic!

Cheers,
    Huub

OH WOW!
    Gordon, that looks fantastic!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    Hey where can i get one of those, and can i get a trade in?
    oh man! this kind of wife we hope and waiting every day like this new cockpit of DC-3 we are ready to wait for the rest of our lives and dreaming every day

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    oh man! this kind of wife we hope and waiting every day like this new cockpit of DC-3 we are ready to wait for the rest of our lives and dreaming every day

Waiting for the VVC, yeah, but for the wife...I don't know, she might be slacking off a bit - there's still room for another six-pack or two on top.

With a Jan, Mike and adding a Tim , then a Gordon tweaking it again ... all the WOWS above plus a lot more WOWS

I just realise that if Gordon makes those textures available, I may have to do all my repaints again...groan...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I just realise that if Gordon makes those textures available, I may have to do all my repaints again...groan...
    Don't Groan JK ... we all know you love doing them

Blog Entries
    I was thinking of you when I did the re-model Jan Kees. Most of the magic is in the spec, spec/alpha, bump and bump/alpha layers.
    Any of your skins, or anyone else's will update by dropping in the new spec and bumps, so the end user can update your existing paints.

The basic metal skins will be new, of course, and those can be used with the existing PK for new paints.

Sorry to give you a heart attack my friend...
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

phfew... still, worth it, those textures look absolutely great

Blog Entries
    phfew... still, worth it, those textures look absolutely great
    Being the perfectionist that you are, I won't be surprised at any mods you might make. Bottom line, the HD texture set will make all of the previous skins look really good, and I can't wait to see the new skins yet to be done.

This cockpit mod has focused a lot of attention towards the MJ DAK, and rightfully so. I'm looking forward to the alpha...when it comes.
    Thomas Jefferson

Jan and Gordon, you are truly artists!!! Amazing job!!

And of course, never forget the coders!

Jan, you are best!
    So much to look forward to, and now also Tim and Gordon working on it, wow.

Is there extra work involved to ensure P3D3 compatibility?

No doubt because of the great affection held by so many for the aeroplane, this C-47 project will allow for the cumulative, superlative accomplishments of many of our community's greats. Starting with Manfred Jahn, who provided the foundation, and including a great many of our most talented developers- this project will be noteworthy for many, many reasons. It in many ways will exemplify what is possible when altruistic talent cooperates with a single minded purpose. SOH has played such an important role here as well. Bravo Zulu to all who perservere! Per Ardua ad Astra!

C

PS- hopefully our resident curmudgeons can refrain from curdling the milk

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Bakker View Post
    Jan, you are best!
    So much to look forward to, and now also Tim and Gordon working on it, wow.

Is there extra work involved to ensure P3D3 compatibility?
    Hey Eric, nice to see you here !

Actually i started development of the VVC in P3Dv2 as i'm using the P3D SDK for export anyway. Then the project got halted because Hansi disappeared and when i restarted it i changed to FSX for some unknown reason... Maybe because, by then, i still prefered FSX over P3D. Did like the way the VVC looked in P3D, particularly the shadows. One of these days i'll install P3Dv3 and see what everybody is raving about. Exporting the VVC for P3D shouldn't be much of a problem but i'll 'keep 'n slag om de arm' just to be save.

Groeten,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Hey Eric, nice to see you here !

Actually i started development of the VVC in P3Dv2 as i'm using the P3D SDK for export anyway. Then the project got halted because Hansi disappeared and when i restarted it i changed to FSX for some unknown reason... Maybe because, by then, i still prefered FSX over P3D. Did like the way the VVC looked in P3D, particularly the shadows. One of these days i'll install P3Dv3 and see what everybody is raving about. Exporting the VVC for P3D shouldn't be much of a problem but i'll 'keep 'n slag om de arm' just to be save.

Groeten,
    Jan
    Thank´s to all that work on that Plane,
    it isl my favorite..................

i use the Plane as it is now in P3dv1,all work and look fine.(i use the old dc3 Vc)
    if this not work,i am back to FSX

cheers Ralf

I'm afraid that there's a shadow hanging over the VVC now...

But don't worry, it's a good one ! ;-)

When i first started the project i went with P3Dv2 to check everything out. I still remember how wonderful the shadows looked, actually right out of the box so to speak. Not so in FSX/DX10... Actually quite awfull really, with shadows of single parts floating about the cockpit in a most erie way. Don't know why but somehow i changed back to FSX/DX9 and forgat about the shadows all together. Now that an alpha release is more or less eminent shadows and light become really important of course. I'm getting more or less the hang of specular maps thanks to Gordon and bumpmaps are in the bag too thanks to Tim (mostly for the padding, seat cushions and hot air hoses). Shadows still a terrible mess when i changed back to DX10. Couldn't find a way to fix it. Onwards to FSDeveloper forum.As always you never knock in vain on its door. Proved what was missing is 'manifold geometry requirement'.... I.e. a fully enclosed outer shell of the VC. No sooner said than done et voila, wonderful and natural looking shadows all around. (thanks again Bill, Mario, Tom and Bjoern ! :-)

Here are a few screenies of the VVC with specular, bump and shadows applied:

I have also added the windows with reflection and such but still working on that. Gauge copies for the F/O are in too and working. Still working on the nav instruments.

A major task is going to be the nightlighting but i might leave that for the beta later.

Very happy with the shadows working nicely now, makes a major difference but not that much noticeable in the screenies, btw.

Steady as she goes. We're getting there, slowly but surely. ;-)

Cheers,
    Jan

Wow wow wow is all I can say!
    Jan, it s looking fantastic!

This has to be the single best VC I've ever seen *in any sim*. Quite breathtaking!

Put with MJ's already superb external model, the package will be totally irresistible.

Have you considered making it "Donation-ware"? Either for yourself or to a designated charity? Us simmers can recognise quality work when we see it - and we aren't entirely UN-generous!!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Simply stunning, beautiful, practically perfect ! GREAT WORK
    The more you do, the less you dream