RAZBAM Metroliner for FSX/P3D released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RAZBAM Metroliner for FSX/P3D released!

A new revision of the mods is online (same download link).

Highlights: Load/Save module for the custom switches and a PDF-based readme for easier reading.

I found some of the VC to be a little bright and garish, so I have softened a couple of textures to make it look like this.
    The blurring of the radio displays is not in the VC but as a result of converting and uploading the image.
    (Shadows by FSX Dx10.)

Metro_RS_10C.dds softens only the bright lights in the switches at the top of the panel.
    Metro_RS_3C.dds softens the entire panel.
    If you wish, you can try the files, one or the other or both.
    They are both to be found in the texture.vc folder, so if you add them
    to only one repaint folder, only that repaint will be affected.
    If you don't like them, simply delete the two files from the repaint
    folder where you put them and once again the default ones will display.
    If you like them enough to keep, replace the two files in the texture.vc folder
    and all the repaints will display these textures.

Regards,
    Nick
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bjoern and Nick, thanks for making this a more enjoyable aircraft! I appreciate your work guys!
    Anneke

Looking forward to trying those texture mods - vc is a bit bright in places, nice work.
    Anyone have any luck getting fsx to come up with a type and model in atc comms? Mine doesnt recognise Fairchild Aircraft or Metroliner III . Changing them to Fairchild and Metro in the cfg file results in breaking some of the gauge code - power fail is illuminated and none of the annunciator lights work!
    Other than that, really enjoying this - bargain at the sale price ☺

Unlikely, but if the payload manager also doesn't work, check if the dll.xml points to the correct location for the Metroliner's .dll.

The "PWR Fail" light can be switched off with the "Aux Power" switch next to it and I think the annunciator needs the inverter and/or the avionics switch to be on.

I doubt that the callsign entry has to do something with both, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the textures, Nick!

If someone needs an alternative soundpack until RAZBAM releases an updated one, there's one on Flightsim: metrolinersound.zip

*Bump*

A new version of the mods is online (same link).

Highlights:
    - Sounds for all switches
    - Working SAS system
    - Hydraulic system
    - Pneumatic system
    - Friction locks

And some bits here and there. Check the ever expanding readme!

anyone know how to keep the engines from blowing up? the airplane just started doing this out of the blue even if i fly in low power settings shortly after takoff i loose all engines the fail
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Torque and temperatures are okay, I suppose?
    not sure i was flying in in low settings all was in the green
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

*Bump*

Highlights:
    - Working SAS system
    - Hydraulic system
    - Pneumatic system
    - Friction locks

I take it that this "mod" is not Razbam sponsored but rather improvements made by other then Razbam.....

*Bump*

Highlights:
    - Working SAS system
    - Hydraulic system
    - Pneumatic system
    - Friction locks

Thanks for this Bjoern. It is appreciated.

-steve

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I take it that this "mod" is not Razbam sponsored but rather improvements made by other then Razbam.....
    You take it correctly -- so obviously make backups and/or leave breadcrumbs so you can make your way back if you don't like the changes or something breaks. Shared mods over the years is what has made this community as strong as it is.

Good stuff. Thanks Bjoern.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Shared mods over the years is what has made this community as strong as it is.

Good stuff. Thanks Bjoern.
    True, true. I just want to verify what these "mods" are all about BEFORE I installed them and avoid any regrets and possible issues that I may encounter.
    It was made lucid enough whom made the mods.

Thanks, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    True, true. I just want to verify what these "mods" are all about BEFORE I installed them and avoid any regrets and possible issues that I may encounter.
    It was made lucid enough whom made the mods.
    So far, the readme is 20 pages long and should contain everything you need to know about these modifications. It even includes not one but two(!) disclaimers that these mods were not made by RAZBAM.

By the way: Original developers generally label any set of post-release modifications as a "service pack".

Thanks, guys!

So far, the readme is 20 pages long and should contain everything you need to know about these modifications. It even includes not one but two(!) disclaimers that these mods were not made by RAZBAM.

By the way: Original developers generally label any set of post-release modifications as a "service pack".

You are correct sir. I did see a Read me PDF file included. Thanks.

You're welcome.

I hope my excessive writeup pays off and doesn't cause any questions.

You're welcome.

I hope my excessive writeup pays off and doesn't cause any questions.
    Very much appreciated. Even includes mention and links to other mods mentioned in this thread.

Hey grey_eagle, aka Butch.

Support via PM is always bad as others who might have the same question are not able to read the answer. I've copied part of your PM here.

Put the "Metro_Mods" folder into "FSX\Gauges" or into each "panel" folder in your
    Metroliner's root folder!
    <<<<< I put it in the FSX Gauges folder, that should be Okay - Yes?
    Yes, that's okay! I only prefer my gauges not to clutter up "FSX\Gauges", that's why I always put them into the aircraft's "panel" folder.

1.3 Configuration
    You can enable or disable part of these mods as you desire. To do that, open
    RM3_Custom_BK.xml and look for the "<Update id="CONFIG">" block. In there, you'll find
    lines looking like this:
    1 (&gt;L:NWS SIMULATION)
    <<<< I mainly am interested in the NWS part of your mod.
    1 (&gt;L:APU SIMULATION)
    1 (&gt;L:GUST LOCK SIMULATION)
    Change the "1" in front of the module you want to disable to a "0", save and exit the file
    and you're done.
    All mods in "RM3_Custom_BK.xml" are enabled by default, so if you want to use them, you won't need to change a thing!

1.2.3 Panel.cfg
    • Open the panel.cfg in the Metro's "panel" folder and put the following line BELOW
    the last line in the [VCockpit01] section:
    gauge06 = Metro_Mods!RM3_Custom_BK, 1,1,1,
    <<< Will I still have to do this part?
    Not if you've used the previous version.

here is a picture of the left panel where the NWS switches are:

What would happen if If I moved the switch (Yellow arrow) left or right?

Red arrow: Shown in the OFF position, this is where it should be for take offs and landings yes?
    Pls explain the valve test position and the armed position; what do those position do?

I was having issues landing and taking off with the plane steering like it was on ice. On landing, it would swing upon contact with the runway.
    Yellow:
    Nothing will happen. What does it do on the real bird? Limiting steering to the left or right side only?

Red arrow:
    "OFF" - NWS is off, nosewheel effectively castors and you'll have to use differential braking.
    "ARM" - Powered nosewheel steering. This is effectively what you get in all MSFS aircraft, with the rudder turning the nosewheel.

As far as I know, takeoffs or landings in the real Metro are done with NWS in the "OFF" postion as the powered steering gets very sensitive at higher speeds.

How do I get rid of the yoke?
    Press the leftmost button on it. Make it reappear by clicking the bottom cover.

A new revision of my mods is online. My weather radar got fixed and should work now, so if you don't use it, you won't have to upgrade.

Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...it?usp=sharing

Upgrade:

Overwrite wx_radar.xml in the "Metro_Mods" folder in each "panel" folder with the one from the download. That's it.

New revision online.
    This time, I've finally addressed the mixture-related bug that prevented engine startup in most, if not all, cases.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing

Upgrade:
    Replace "RM3_Custom_BK.xml" in "Metro_Mods"

[QUOTE=Bjoern;902574]You're welcome.

is it just me, or did somebody experienced this one ?
    In tower view the wheels disappear from the landing gear strut too early. ähhh landing gear is down, but no wheels attached. When aircraft comes closer - wheels will pop up.
    Seems to be a LOD issue, or i have tweaked my fsx cfg. away. Any observations ?
    best regards
    Thomas

New revision online.
    This time, I've finally addressed the mixture-related bug that prevented engine startup in most, if not all, cases.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing

Upgrade:
    Replace "RM3_Custom_BK.xml" in "Metro_Mods"
    Thank You, Bjoern - you made my day today
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

@Bjoern and @Nick - many thanks for your work on this plane.......

Rick Canham