Milviz and P3D

Thread: Milviz and P3D

Milviz and P3D

Interesting info on upcoming Milviz Products
    http://forum.avsim.net/topic/428848-.../#entry2880269

Patrick

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I think there are a couple of things amiss.

Colin is talking about SKU's, and I think he means SDK's (build kit provided by P3D or FSX which converts a model into a MDL file, etc).

Second, If that, you can use the latest SDK and export to X and Xanim, then use the 1.4 version XtoMDL to make it a FSX/1.4/2.x model, (all in one).
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

As I've written in the thread at FS Developer, simply trying to re-export/compile a perfect FSX/A or P3Dv1 model using the new P3Dv2 tools is not a straightforward process at all. Aside from the different Material options now available, things that work in FSX/A and P3Dv1 simply do not work any longer...

...such as animated bones, taxilights, and mouse points. It is going to take some time and effort to discover just what all has to be changed, darn it!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

SOH-CM-2014
    I wasn't aware of mouse points or bones being effected. That's grim...

There is a bug presently with illuminated textures. Do you know about that one? They hope to have that repaired on 2.1 which I hope is very soon.

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Hearing that Prepar3D v2 SDK is changing the way it is, I'm not liking it at all. I create my models with Gmax v1.2 and use the FSX/SDK in doing so. I've yet to try the Prepar3D SDK with Gmax, regardless of what version it is. I've no idea if it's compatible or not. Come to think of it, since we're on the subject, is there anyone using Gmax with the Prepar3D SDK, v1.4 or v2?

From what I get out of all of this is that Gmax users are left in the dust. Freeware or otherwise, the door is closed, locked, and we are outsiders as far as functionality is concerned.
    I don't have $5K I can pull out of my Aston Martin.
    Last edited by OleBoy; December 20th, 2013 at 07:50.

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    From what I get out of all of this is that Gmax users are left in the dust. Freeware or otherwise, the door is closed, locked, and we are outsiders as far as functionality is concerned.
    It's as if it's not for entertainment use...

Ultimately gMax is old technology and for the market LM are selling into it's not really relevant. Having said that the SDK contains full details of the file format requirements so it's possible to write an exporter for any 3D modelling package if you have the time/skill etc.

I have trouble with RealAir Products in P3D 1.4(Missing Sounds) Really,I'm just happy Milviz will be developing exclusively for P3D at all,This is News to me.

Patrick

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    Hearing that Prepar3D v2 SDK is changing the way it is, I'm not liking it at all. I create my models with Gmax v1.2 and use the FSX/SDK in doing so. I've yet to try the Prepar3D SDK with Gmax, regardless of what version it is. I've no idea if it's compatible or not. Come to think of it, since we're on the subject, is there anyone using Gmax with the Prepar3D SDK, v1.4 or v2?

I don't have $5K I can pull out of my Aston Martin.

I am still using the V1.4 XtoMDL with my elaborate 3DS Max 2014. The exporter (1.4) is basically the same as the one that Gmax 1.2 uses, which I was using this time last year (Gmax that is), and you know I have planes.... So Gmax is still very much in the mix for running fine birds in V2. V1 and FSX planes run excellent in V2. I haven't been able to find any details in the Materials yet for V2 (the actual SDK changes that make the models not show up in V1 and FSX). So I don't think I would lose sleep over that.

Gmax rocks... So does the new Blender. The latest version has FSX tools so you can export FSX models and they will work in V2.

All is well...

EDIT: Note that I use the P3D V2 SDK and export with that from Max 2014 to X and Xanim files, then run those through the 1.4 SDK XtoMDL exporter and that works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I am still using the V1.4 XtoMDL with my elaborate 3DS Max 2014. The exporter (1.4) is basically the same as the one that Gmax 1.2 uses, which I was using this time last year (Gmax that is), and you know I have planes.... So Gmax is still very much in the mix for running fine birds in V2. V1 and FSX planes run excellent in V2. I haven't been able to find any details in the Materials yet for V2 (the actual SDK changes that make the models not show up in V1 and FSX). So I don't think I would lose sleep over that.

Gmax rocks... So does the new Blender. The latest version has FSX tools so you can export FSX models and they will work in V2.

All is well...

EDIT: Note that I use the P3D V2 SDK and export with that from Max 2014 to X and Xanim files, then run those through the 1.4 SDK XtoMDL exporter and that works fine.
    Bill, this is all good info to hear from you, considering I'm solely running Prepar3D v2. I don't ever plan on back pedaling if I can avoid it. FSX is history IMO. Everyone will just have to excuse my negative vibes I throw off at times. Some of my frustrations come from not having any of my models in the sims as complete and finalized as they should be. I'm working on that though, and gaining knowledge almost daily.

I heard about Blender. I considered getting it installed. But right now I have enough on my plate with the idiosyncrasies of Gmax as it is. Once I get more familiarized with it all, I can open another can of worms and start this madness again.

Thanks!!

I wasn't aware of mouse points or bones being effected. That's grim...
    I discovered yesterday that all of my INOP mouse point are using the <EventID>0x00011009/EventID> method, which for some reason is not working any longer...

I'm having to rewrite all of those to use an alternate method where I pass the EventID to my C event handler via an L:variable...
    Code:
    (M:Event) 'LeftSingle'  scmp 0 == if{ 0x00011009 (>L:EVENT, bool) }

Anthony (Ant) reported to me yesterday afternoon that his animated bones (Lotus type 3d landing lights) are working, so it is likely something I have to "adjust" further to get working...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

SOH-CM-2014
    Roger that. I forget that you work in C++. My simple XML buttons are working good.

Glad to hear about the landing lights.

They are talking now about doing a 2.05 update to quickly get the small things updated, which I hope includes night illumination textures/materials.

I have to use the C "event handler" because that is the only way for shared cockpit to work via multi-player. If not for that that need, I wouldn't bother with it...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

SOH-CM-2014
    Ahh so.... I didn't know Shared Cockpits required this.

That's grim for me.

Great News!!! The Upcoming Miviz King Air 350i will be P3D V2 Compatible
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KA1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	1983Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KA2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	1984Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KA3.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	1985Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KA4.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	1986

Patrick

Ahh so.... I didn't know Shared Cockpits required this.

That's grim for me.
    Bill, creating a C gauge strictly to use as an "Event Handler" isn't that difficult. The only downside is that unlike a sound module, each such gauge must be unique to the specific project.

Essentially the basic idea is that while (>L:var,unit) type "events" are not transmitted across a network, custom EventIDs are transmitted. As a result, each end of the connection must have a way to "translate" those custom EventIDs into the required (>L:var,unit) type commands.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
    Great News!!! The Upcoming Miviz King Air 350i will be P3D V2 Compatible
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KA1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	1983Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KA2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	1984Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KA3.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	1985Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KA4.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	1986

My goodness...! Beautiful work! That is an intense cockpit.

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Bill, creating a C gauge strictly to use as an "Event Handler" isn't that difficult. The only downside is that unlike a sound module, each such gauge must be unique to the specific project.

Essentially the basic idea is that while (>L:var,unit) type "events" are not transmitted across a network, custom EventIDs are transmitted. As a result, each end of the connection must have a way to "translate" those custom EventIDs into the required (>L:var,unit) type commands.

Bill, that's easy for you to say, lol...