So I just finished my build and ran into a problem which I want to pass on (Tip 'o the Hat to the AVSIM problem where this same issue was discussed) should it pop up for someone here in the future.

Problem occurred with MS FSX....install was easy (FSX on the root C:. Without tweak, maxed out, no add-on's (REX or ORBX)...Fantastic! Only problem, Crash to Desktop attempting to touch anything like "Map" or other sub menu in the Menu Bar. There is that annoying uiautomationcore.dll problem with 64 Bit Win 7 systems and at first I thought that would be it. However the "fix" didn't fix. After I abandoned laziness and finally pulled up the event viewer and studied what it was telling me I discovered my error was related to the atiumdag.dll file. Resolution points to a driver issue with the AMD GPU. I tried to roll back drivers, but no joy, however there was a fix provided with AMD distribution of a Beta Drive just a couple of weeks ago.

Downloaded from: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...dows-beta.aspx

Cleared the issue right up. It took me a few hours to figure this out...mainly because I got lazy. My build is below. It took me a bit because I bought it one piece at a time over the last few months. Lots of fun putting it together though. Now, onto the add-ons, and to catch up with the new ORBX releases (now that I can really run them).

i7 3770 CPU @3.5 Ghz
Asus Sabertooth Z77 MoBo
AMD XFX 7970 GPU
8 GB RAM
256 GB SSD
1 TB WD HDD
64 Bit
Win7 Premium