Corrected sound.xml files to fix stock typo errors

Thread: Corrected sound.xml files to fix stock typo errors

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country

Corrected sound.xml files to fix stock typo errors

Hi All,

I have just uploaded a set of sound files for CFS3 and all the major addons, with corrected entries. I have also included the 8x 303 gun sounds where they were not already included in the sound.xml.

this came about after discussion in the new Beaufort release thread.

uploaded to CFS3 other - sounds section.

readme content.

The original CFS3 sound.xml file has several typo's that may and may not hinder correct performance of the sound.xml file in game.

This set includes sound files for CFS3 and most of the major addon packs. The the typo's have been corrected in each file.

Simply place the sound file into its corrisponding game folder. (back up your originals first if you want to go back for any reason)

Some of these files have also had the 8x 303 gun sounds added where they were not already included.

The idea of the pack come about after a release of aircraft with added gun sounds carried over the original Microsoft typing errors.
    After checking all the sound files in my installs I found that all but one had the typo's in place.

Thanks to David (Daiwilletti) for pointing out the problem and helping to identify the incorrect entires.

regards Rob.
    Last edited by Capt. Winters; December 5th, 2013 at 23:08. Reason: spelling
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

I'll have a look at this improvment, thanks for your effort on this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

I know there are several sound file entries I've added over the years to complement mods of one sort or another and I'd hate to lose 'em. Would you be willing to point out the typo errors so we can correct/change them w/out replacing the entire file? thx

From the 6 beaufort release thread:
    Hi Rob,
    had my first flight last night, pulled off the runway at St Eval smartly with only a light fuel load on board! Enjoyed strafing a ground column in QC mode with the fixed forward MGs.

I noticed that the sounds.xml file uploaded with the package contains the stock CFS3 typos - a search on "lass" and "ooping" will allow entries to be changed to "class" and "looping".

If you PM me I can send you an edited file,

David

Made these mods and corrected all of the sound.xml files

sorry, missed the thread...got it....thanks! there's a bunch of 'em! ....any case sensitivity with these? You guys are amazing......thx for the fix!!!
    Last edited by gaw; December 8th, 2013 at 04:24.

Thanks Rob

The download location is here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=160
    vonOben

“Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.” /Johann Gottfried Seume

vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
    7 Season Scenery for CFS3 ETO Expansion

Members who have read this thread: 11